There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Couple of thoughts...

Good post.

Agree w/ 1, We lack depth on offense, players like Rachel, and Norris are awful.
Solution: I don't know how well KIlgore would have played BUT he couldn't have done worse. Rachel has to be the worst lineman in Niner history.
We Need more OLine in the draft. This was a valuable lesson going into the future where teams like the Steelers, who run similar blitz packages, will will use the same tactics.

Agree w/ 2 , We have no legitimate big game wide receivers.
Solution: HUGE! We don't have a legit #1 WR. FA or the draft. At least now, we will be much more attractive to quality FA. For the present, I really don't
know.

Agree w/ 3, Frank Gore can be stopped, by selling out the middle of the field and forcing him to run east west.
Solution: Not sure but using Hunter more, screens, and maybe Gore throwing an option pass. I still don't think we've seen enough of Dixon to know if he can
or can't fill a productive role. Won't be a priority in draft or FA unless someone falls into our laps.

Agree w/ 4, JH does not believe in the screen pass.
Solution: I was baffled why they didn't use lots of screens but I feel we'll see them sooner than later - especially against Pittsburg.

Agree w/6, Lack of rotation at D-line wears players out
Solution: Totally agree! Those guys are true warriors and this is a long season. We'll need to bolster the DLine in the draft & FA w/1 maybe 2 studs.

I agree with the rest [Got to get back to work] but I disagree w/getting a new FBack.

Miller is fine, we'll need a quality back-up

Moving on, I'm really concerned about the enemy hitting the underneath routes.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

Agree w/ 1, We lack depth on offense, players like Rachel, and Norris are awful.
Solution: I don't know how well KIlgore would have played BUT he couldn't have done worse. Rachel has to be the worst lineman in Niner history.
We Need more OLine in the draft. This was a valuable lesson going into the future where teams like the Steelers, who run similar blitz packages, will will use the same tactics.

Agree w/ 2 , We have no legitimate big game wide receivers.
Solution: HUGE! We don't have a legit #1 WR. FA or the draft. At least now, we will be much more attractive to quality FA. For the present, I really don't
know.

Agree w/ 3, Frank Gore can be stopped, by selling out the middle of the field and forcing him to run east west.
Solution: Not sure but using Hunter more, screens, and maybe Gore throwing an option pass. I still don't think we've seen enough of Dixon to know if he can
or can't fill a productive role. Won't be a priority in draft or FA unless someone falls into our laps.

Agree w/ 4, JH does not believe in the screen pass.
Solution: I was baffled why they didn't use lots of screens but I feel we'll see them sooner than later - especially against Pittsburg.

Agree w/6, Lack of rotation at D-line wears players out
Solution: Totally agree! Those guys are true warriors and this is a long season. We'll need to bolster the DLine in the draft & FA w/1 maybe 2 studs.

I agree with the rest [Got to get back to work] but I disagree w/getting a new FBack.

Miller is fine, we'll need a quality back-up

Moving on, I'm really concerned about the enemy hitting the underneath routes.

I agree with Miller at FB, we do need a back up who is as good as Miller!
It is reality. The Niners are much improved playing under harbaugh, but have not graduated to beat the elite of the league. Another team coming fairly soon in Steelers. Line better get their act together for lebeau's defensive schemes. Alex Smith only a game manager, not a QB. Harbaugh has a knack, even with the misfit toys. Truth be told, an average NFL QB would have thrown the ball away to avoid 4-5 of those sacks last night. The Niner line was awful last night against a tough front. Yes, happy to be in driver seat for division and the record is great. Just saying reality is kicking in this year.
The body language was cold when they came out to the field pre-kickoff. They were thinking too much, first big game and such.

That said, yes the team needs to toss Rachal, add a better backup guard. Need to find a better starting guard than Snyder, love his dedication to the team and his effort though, he's really leaving what he has on the field. Time to look for Staley's replacement. Need one, maybe two more Dlineman who can creat havoc to improve the rotation and keep them fresh.
I am encouraged too. I predicted the Niners would lose last night...based on the fact that Baltimore simply needed that win a lot more than we did. We are going to the playoffs and I think we can hang with anybody(except for Green Bay)

Whats not to be encouraged about??
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Edwards is bad. Wtf was he thinking on that deep route? He just lets the guy take the inside route on him and then he doesn't try to at least jump for it or anything? Is his knee STILL bugging him? Unless his play dramatically improves I'll look forward to not signing him this offseason and either drafting another WR somewhat high(depending on who's there), or hopefully finding a decent FA. Lots of big names being thrown out there this upcoming offseason from bowe to vincent jackson(already lives in california so maybe there's a chance?).
Originally posted by Five4Five:
We're 9-2. We're going to finish no worse than 12-4 and probably go into the Playoffs as the #2 seed. I just don't understand all the doom and gloom, and I don't even know what to say to the Smith haters.

I think Crabtree has been great...other than that no one showed up as far as WR's
Originally posted by mike:
Edwards is bad. Wtf was he thinking on that deep route? He just lets the guy take the inside route on him and then he doesn't try to at least jump for it or anything? Is his knee STILL bugging him? Unless his play dramatically improves I'll look forward to not signing him this offseason and either drafting another WR somewhat high(depending on who's there), or hopefully finding a decent FA. Lots of big names being thrown out there this upcoming offseason from bowe to vincent jackson(already lives in california so maybe there's a chance?).

with josh morgan coming back next season and i still think kyle williams will be a good reciever and ginn can be a deep threat if he doesn't drop 3/4 of the throws he has coming to him and i honestly think if we do get a receiver go in the draft because we have more depth but losing josh hurt us huge
Originally posted by Five4Five:
We're 9-2. We're going to finish no worse than 12-4 and probably go into the Playoffs as the #2 seed. I just don't understand all the doom and gloom, and I don't even know what to say to the Smith haters.

^^^^^
Snyder comes back? Encouraged

A. Davis gets healthy? Encourgaed

Moran Norris playing? Discouraged

Chilo Rachal activated on game days? Discouraged.
Ray Rice said, " They are a great defense, the best defense we've seen all year."

That right there says a whole lot. They have played 4 of the top 6 defenses in the NFL this year and for him to say that, is letting us know that we have something special here in San Francisco. We had so many cards stacked against us in this game, yet the game wasn't out of reach until the end of the 4th quarter. We get a few non penalty calls and Adam Snyder doesn't go out with an injury, then would have had an entire different ballgame.
I'm still encouraged. I think this Ravens game was an aberration due to the difficult and unique circumstances our team was under this week. I think we have 9 other wins that show what type of team we are. I hope we meet the Ravens again in the SB. Next time we won't be at a competitive disadvantage.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 25, 2011 at 2:57 PM ]
Im I the only one not entertained ?

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This game showed us a few things,
1, We lack depth on offense, players like Rachel, and Norris are awful.
2, We have no legitimate big game wide receivers.
3, Frank Gore can be stopped, by selling out the middle of the field and forcing him to run east west.
4, JH does not believe in the screen pass.
5, When we can't get pressure with our front 4 we don't have a safety or linebacker who can blitz effectily.
6, Lack of rotation at D-line wears players out.
7, Our OLB's can't and must not ever pass cover

Things we need in the off season
Full Back, Guard, Free Safety, OLB, Running back, and even though he played well, we should never stop looking to improve at QB!

Did I miss anything? or am I over reacting?

I think we are a solid young team, with a few weak spots, we are heading in the right derection, and will only get better from here on out, so watch the f**k out NFL the Niners are on the way back!!!

Just like Alex, the WRs can't do s*it if the o line can't block. This is unfair.