LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Couple of thoughts...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MIkeyT:
Man i could not agree with you more. Everyone thinks our defense did not show up tonight, but i for one say holding Flacco to 161 with all the time he had was incredible. Man i really hope Snyder is ok. Getting 10 days to rest up Miller, Gore, Snyder, and Edwards will be key. This team is legit and is going to do some damage going forward.

Exactly. We kept Ray Rice in check too. Our offense was just way off their game. I do credit it a lot though to being tired and worn out. We also def need Miller back.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
I knew that goblin Jamie Dukes was going to come out and slam Alex Smith again. I guess he overlooked the offensive line play.

Stop taking it so personal. Jamie is basing his opinion on what he has seen from Alex. Overall, Alex has not had a good career.
opinions are like a*****es, everyone has one and some stink more than others.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
We need that win against PIT.

I'm sure John will offer Jim tips on how to beat them, but I doubt Jim will accept them.

We need Miller and Snyder back immediately.
Nobody wins them all, that includes Green Bay. The Ravens are tough to beat at home and we were able to hang with them throughout the game. I thought Alex showed guts and made some pretty good calls. He senses what's going around him much better than years past.. He is the unquestioned leader. Flacco had a good game but he had plenty of time to throw and his uniform never got dirty. This 49er team is going to be around for years to come.
We fought hard and were over-matched. Alex played well considering the Ravens shut the run game down and they blitzed like crazy. On some plays he held on to the ball too long, because our receivers couldn't get open which resulted in sacks. The OLine were over-whelmed the whole game.

Our D was on the field a long time and held a good team in check most of the way. We'll come out of this a better team.
If they can pinpoint ways to fix what happened then I fully agree. You can bet that our future opponents will be looking at that game tape. So we better learn from it.
This game probably killed Jim. It's gonna piss him off losing to his brother on a national stage like that. I feel sorry for opposing teams from here on out :)
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If they can pinpoint ways to fix what happened then I fully agree. You can bet that our future opponents will be looking at that game tape. So we better learn from it.

They can look at it all they want but not many will be able to duplicate it, this is the Ravens D we're talking about here.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This game probably killed Jim. It's gonna piss him off losing to his brother on a national stage like that. I feel sorry for opposing teams from here on out :)

Did you see Jim's face after the game he was pissed. I feel sorry for the rams.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Did you see Jim's face after the game he was pissed. I feel sorry for the rams.

Yea he didn't look happy at all.

John didn't pull any punches in that game. The blitzes were unrelenting, I wonder if Jim felt slighted or something. Probably not and if he did Im sure he would never admit it. But this game I bet he was looking forward to the most, it has to be eating him up
Agreed. This staff had their first experience against a team that is the gold standard of defense these days. It may give the 49ers incentive and live game examples to isolate areas of need. Strengths and weaknesses can be analyzed and improvements can be made before the playoffs.
As much as I wanted to win, this loss was built into our schedule from day 1. Playing a division game at hme, then traveling accross the country to play in Baltimore on Thanksgiving night?

The great part about it? His brother showed him what style of play can beat him. They basically played Niner football as we had been all year. Mistake free, slow-moving offense with a stingy defense. Other teams will attempt to replicate what Baltimore did last night, but none have the personnel to do so. Jim will use this game as a tool to build for the rest of the season.
everytime flaco dropped back he had all the time in the world and would always complete his pass especially on 3rd down in the second half im worried about our secondary
The ravens lost in Seatlebafter a full week. It should surprise no one that the Niners lost.
Share 49ersWebzone