There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Couple of thoughts...

Originally posted by mike:
Edwards is bad. Wtf was he thinking on that deep route? He just lets the guy take the inside route on him and then he doesn't try to at least jump for it or anything? Is his knee STILL bugging him? Unless his play dramatically improves I'll look forward to not signing him this offseason and either drafting another WR somewhat high(depending on who's there), or hopefully finding a decent FA. Lots of big names being thrown out there this upcoming offseason from bowe to vincent jackson(already lives in california so maybe there's a chance?).

U do know this is his First season wit da team & we had no offeason cause of da lockout rite. Lack of chemistry could explain why he wanted smith to hit'em on the outside corner & smith went inside for da ez pick. My memory is kinda bad but before he got hurt & he was using his size to his advantage nobody was complaining. He has talent to be a no.1, has size & some speed. He deserve da rest of this year & a full offseason & next season. If next year he's still f'n up then ok he needs to go. Dats jus me doe.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by mike:
Edwards is bad. Wtf was he thinking on that deep route? He just lets the guy take the inside route on him and then he doesn't try to at least jump for it or anything? Is his knee STILL bugging him? Unless his play dramatically improves I'll look forward to not signing him this offseason and either drafting another WR somewhat high(depending on who's there), or hopefully finding a decent FA. Lots of big names being thrown out there this upcoming offseason from bowe to vincent jackson(already lives in california so maybe there's a chance?).

U do know this is his First season wit da team & we had no offeason cause of da lockout rite. Lack of chemistry could explain why he wanted smith to hit'em on the outside corner & smith went inside for da ez pick. My memory is kinda bad but before he got hurt & he was using his size to his advantage nobody was complaining. He has talent to be a no.1, has size & some speed. He deserve da rest of this year & a full offseason & next season. If next year he's still f'n up then ok he needs to go. Dats jus me doe.

Call it chemistry or whatever you want he's dropped so many balls the past 3 weeks and he's had like what two good games this year?...This is ultimately a results league I don't care to keep him around unless he comes really cheaply.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This game showed us a few things,
1, We lack depth on offense, players like Rachel, and Norris are awful.
2, We have no legitimate big game wide receivers.
3, Frank Gore can be stopped, by selling out the middle of the field and forcing him to run east west.
4, JH does not believe in the screen pass.
5, When we can't get pressure with our front 4 we don't have a safety or linebacker who can blitz effectily.
6, Lack of rotation at D-line wears players out.
7, Our OLB's can't and must not ever pass cover

Things we need in the off season
Full Back, Guard, Free Safety, OLB, Running back, and even though he played well, we should never stop looking to improve at QB!

Did I miss anything? or am I over reacting?

I think we are a solid young team, with a few weak spots, we are heading in the right derection, and will only get better from here on out, so watch the f**k out NFL the Niners are on the way back!!!

I think Harbaugh and his staff went over all the Niner plays during the offseason and saw that we have not been good at screens in years past. I do think Hunter could be dynamic on a screen. Maybe it is being saved for the playoffs--for Green bay!

We do lack depth on offense---except for RB and TE. Losing Morgan hurts a lot. Gore needs to be 100% to really be a star--which is why i don't like when he has games with 31 carries--he needs 15-18 carries max--get Hunter more involved--he is a star in the making. I bet you do see this the rest of the season---more Hunter. Miller is a big part of the offense--he will play more as the season goes on--we need him---blocking, passing game--all that.

You have to beat the pass rush deep---or with consistent quick short passes---better a combo. It hurt the Ginn TD called back. I wouldn't use Edwards deep---he is too inflexible with his legs now--he is best on a slant or in the end zone-- a short pass ( but he has to catch those!) Maybe Kyle Williams can become like our Victor Cruz---we need someone to pop out and become a bigger name--happens all the time in the NFL.

Get the rookie OL some playing time rather than Rachel--he is just terrible--i think he effects the rest of the offense mentally--it is like they just know it is not going to work---confidence is lost.

The good thing----even if the Niners get dumped in the playoffs this year---this team is in good hands---and next year this team will fix some key problems---this isn't the zenith of this team--this is just the start!
Right guard...Right Tackle... Stud WR--priceless!
Could have drafted Bryant in 2010. Better than any of our receivers. We don't even try to stretch the field. I know Alex Smith is limited, but at least lighten the leash a little.
I think you definitely overreacted, while we do need depth and help in the secondary, for right now, we are the most complete team! Simply an off night, do not read too much into it!
Some people have read this post and said i'm over reacting. Fine nice opinion, but I feel you miss my point. We have been very fortunate this season, our starters have been healthy, but with two injuries, Miller and Snyder we were suddenly very beatable. What separates good teams from champions? well depth is one thing that leaps to mind. We are a great first string, but we need to add depth, and I am very confident that this be addressed in the off season. JH and TB are at the beginning of a great run! I gotta good feeling that with a whole offseason and draft, this team will be even better than it already is!
All fantastic points and spot on.

A recurrent theme is that in 3rd and 5+ we have a tendency for the CB's to play off 10 yards and we give easy first downs esp. when we bring pressure. Why we do this is beyond me...esp. when our CB's are best playing up tight and physical. Adding a more exotic blitz scheme, a deeper rotation and this one change will help to make this defense even more dominant. Vic can take notes on how John Harbaugh's defense was moved all around, attacking with everyone, all over the place and NOT allowing the QB to get comfortable.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I think Crabtree has been great...other than that no one showed up as far as WR's


I agree, Crab is stepping up and Alex is starting to look his way more often.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I agree, Crab is stepping up and Alex is starting to look his way more often.

Crabtree has really improved over the weeks. I think Williams took a step down with that one-armed attempt of his. Did he not think he was going to be targeted.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
We need to upgrade the WR position in the draft. Early.

It has been evident all season we don't have a monster on the outside, he's no monster but I feel we are missing Josh Morgan. We should be looking early for a wide out, I'm sure next season we will have made more than one move at this spot.

The loss of Morgan has been somewhat overlooked because we still managed to win, but we sure could have used him yesterday.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,654
I was wondering that too, where the heck where the screen passes, and why did we rarely blitz on defense?? I gotta say, that game was called kind of Singletary'ish.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
We need to upgrade the WR position in the draft. Early.

It has been evident all season we don't have a monster on the outside, he's no monster but I feel we are missing Josh Morgan. We should be looking early for a wide out, I'm sure next season we will have made more than one move at this spot.

The loss of Morgan has been somewhat overlooked because we still managed to win, but we sure could have used him yesterday.

Morgan is ok and we could use him, but even with him its been a long time since we've had a true #1 star receiver. He was finally starting to get chemistry with alex, but lets be real he wasn't a huge vertical threat or mismatch for defenders. It would help our offense so much if we had a bowe, fitz, megatron, d.jackson, type of threat. Crab has finally become a nice possession receiver for moving the chains but edwards has disappointed me down deep and ginn has the speed but will never have the hands. Until then there's basically no point in throwing deep because the other team will win the matchups.
We need a quarterback that can make the big play in such a situation. One play could've been the difference. Alex has progressed, but is it enough? One of Coach Harbaughs' strengths is the ability to put talent on the field. Edwards takes up space and Rachael is dead wood. It's just one game, however, finally, the team is headed in the right direction.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
We need a quarterback that can make the big play in such a situation. One play could've been the difference. Alex has progressed, but is it enough? One of Coach Harbaughs' strengths is the ability to put talent on the field. Edwards takes up space and Rachael is dead wood. It's just one game, however, finally, the team is headed in the right direction.

like that one 70 yard TD Alex had.......taken away
...