There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Make no mistake about it, Fangio was thoroughly out-coached

Going with the same vanilla 4 man rush with Flacco having ridiculous amounts of time to pass the ball while Pagano was mixing up timely blitzes and keeping consistent pressure in the face of Alex Smith all game long. 49ers talent was under-utilized while Pagano maxed out what he had and made the Ravens look stellar, even without Ray Lewis in the lineup.
And Roman wasn't? TOTAL F'IN F MINUS GRADE for coaching this game. F'in Pathetic!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Going with the same vanilla 4 man rush with Flacco having ridiculous amounts of time to pass the ball while Pagano was mixing up timely blitzes and keeping consistent pressure in the face of Alex Smith all game long. 49ers talent was under-utilized while Pagano maxed out what he had and made the Ravens look stellar, even without Ray Lewis in the lineup.

This is the same style defense that has leads the league in points allowed, and only gave up 16 today. The defense wasn't the problem tonight.
  • Sman
  • Member
  • Posts: 4,754
stupid.....they allowed 16 points!!!! in a short week!! This was on the O, and #11....and #62
Originally posted by Sman:
stupid.....they allowed 16 points!!!! in a short week!! This was on the O, and #11....and #62

Flacco had all day, whats the point in drafting pass rushers if you dont create pressure
Lol. Really??? That was a good defensive performance. The offense was why we lost.
Originally posted by Sman:
stupid.....they allowed 16 points!!!! in a short week!! This was on the O, and #11....and #62

this
Originally posted by niners94:
Lol. Really??? That was a good defensive performance. The offense was why we lost.

AGREED!
I agree with the poster that we should've brought more heat instead of this vanilla defense but the offensive line was a huge problem.
  • Sman
  • Member
  • Posts: 4,754
Originally posted by niners94:
Lol. Really??? That was a good defensive performance. The offense was why we lost.


agreed
Originally posted by Sman:
stupid.....they allowed 16 points!!!! in a short week!! This was on the O, and #11....and #62

Yeah, and 16 is too much when your team scores 6. Flacco had WAY, WAY too much time to throw the ball and it amazes me that Fangio couldn't better utilize the talent he had. The defense was entirely predictable and you're going to see more teams attack the 49ers the same way.

Watching the different exotic blitzes that the Ravens applied vs the straight-ahead vanilla defense and seeing the 49ers DL get absolutely dominated at times was a sad sight to see.

I won't even get into the offensive gameplan, the sheer number of retarded runs right up the middle for -2, -1, 0 or 1 yards reminded me of Jimmy Raye more than anything else.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM ]
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going with: "The O-line got outplayed"
Bottomline, Ravens racked up 9 sacks and kept Alex on the run all game long. The 49ers, how many sacks did they get? Oh yeah, zero. Simply put, Pagano had a much better defensive plan and his team executed it to perfection.
Guys we are still a young growing team. Okay we got it handed to us tonight. the bright side, no major injuries and we get these guys rested and problems corrected. I would hate to be the RAMS in the next game. we start a new streak fellas. Remember we are 9-2 NOT 2-9. A very good learning experience. GO NINERS! I am proud of you guys maybe except you CHILO! Please go back to the bench.