There are 228 users in the forums

if we win tomorrow and Green Bay loses, do we jump ahead of them in the standings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Call me crazy but, I think ALL of US are Lions fans come tomorrow morning... And if they were to pull it out, that might be even an added bonus/motivation for the Red and Gold to chow down on some bird tomorrow night also... I had kinda a crazy idea for tomorrow... None of us realistically expected to be sitting at 9-1 on Turkey Day before the season started, right? But here we are... This is unprecedented for this team for damn near a decade... I propose we have a Lions vs. Packers Official Game day thread right here in the zone... Maybe we can help will a loss for Rodgers and co. and watch our team ascend to the top of the mountain in the process...

Just a thought... But if any of you are like me, you will be rooting hard for the Lions tomorrow...
Yes. Let's go Detroit! The #1 seed makes for a good Thanksgiving.
[ Edited by 49erDynasty on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM ]
I hope Rodgers gets knocked out like in their last game
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah I always thought the division loss is one of the first tie breakers. We have a chance to run the table in our division. And hopefully they lose tomorrow because I don't see them losing many more games. But we have a tough one which could make it a moot point. At the Ravens is no picnic.

Division loss only matters when you are playing for the title of the division. This is a matter of conference so the 2 criteria is head to head, common foes, and conference record.

If there is a tie at the end of the season. We don't play head to head-so scratch that. So the common foes would be next, if its a tie there, then the teams conference record. If that is a tie again then strength of schedule.
the 49ers will ALWAYZ be #1 in my heart.
In the power rankings - NO, I don't think people are going to give us enough credit

In Home field advantage for playofffs - YES, and that's all we should care about.

GO LIONS

GO 49ERS BABY - DREAM SEASON - I put 300 on Niners in VEGAS to win it all, but I only got 6-1 odds which was LAME.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
yes we do

we will officially be the #1 seed

it goes:
1. head to head
2. confrence record
3. record vs similar teams

similar teams we play are rams, giants, lions and Bucs

we won against giants lions and Bucs we still have to face the rams twice

the packers still have to play the lions twice and the giants

What about division record? I though that comes before "conference record?" Losing to the Lions would be a loss in the division. Isn't that a tiebreaker? And we haven't lost a division game. Although we lost a conference game.

yes youre right my bad

Actually I think that's wrong. Pretty sure I was confused that division record was waaaay down the list of tire breakers when Tim K recently did an article on the subject.

Edit: checked and division records only matter between teams from the same division, so the division records would not be used in a tie break scenario between us and GB..
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 24, 2011 at 6:31 AM ]
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Dont worry Det aint going to win. they wil be 11-0 after tonight. it wil be easier to shutdown Megatron Vs all the weapons of GB. IMHO

not with GB's defense. theyre good in fantasy but they give up yards like crazy. Staffords gonna f**k them up
Probably so but IMO they still should be #1. They are the defending champs and until someone else is they should receive all tie breakers.

Stop smoking that wacky weed and look at the facts. GB is a better team with more weapons. We have the 5th easiest schedule in the NFL. We need to beat the Ravens AND the Steelers to have a shot at sling shotting ahead of GB.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Stop smoking that wacky weed and look at the facts. GB is a better team with more weapons. We have the 5th easiest schedule in the NFL. We need to beat the Ravens AND the Steelers to have a shot at sling shotting ahead of GB.

5th easiest schedule? 5 trips to the Eastern time zone is not easy for anyone.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Dont worry Det aint going to win. they wil be 11-0 after tonight. it wil be easier to shutdown Megatron Vs all the weapons of GB. IMHO

not with GB's defense. theyre good in fantasy but they give up yards like crazy. Staffords gonna f**k them up

We gave him over 100 yds, but kept him out of the endzone. Megatron is going to have to have a huge 3+ tds to keep up.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
yes we do

we will officially be the #1 seed

it goes:
1. head to head
2. confrence record
3. record vs similar teams

similar teams we play are rams, giants, lions and Bucs

we won against giants lions and Bucs we still have to face the rams twice

the packers still have to play the lions twice and the giants

Won't some of the so-called experts still put them ahead of us in the power rankings?

he's one them dude
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

We gave him over 100 yds, but kept him out of the endzone. Megatron is going to have to have a huge 3+ tds to keep up.

we did, but we have a WAYYYYY better defense than green bay and our running game kept them off the field too. megatron will have a huge game this week.
Share 49ersWebzone