There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would any of our Wrs start on any other NFL team?

Originally posted by SFGem:
The only one I think that would start on another NFL team is crabtree.....discuss.....

Crabs yes, but I believe Joshua Morgan could also start on another NFL team. We already know that Ginn and Edwards have been starters on other teams and probably could be again. Williams is a rookie, but his talents are starting show and he could possibly start on another team.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
crabtree would but not on all teams

he would on any team, he's lacking stats cause of our qb issue
Cannot argue with this. We've seen what he can do when he's thrown to, on target and in stride. That said, I doubt that any other teams' #1 or #2 has tipped as many passes into opponents hands over the last 3 years.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
crabtree would but not on all teams

he would on any team, he's lacking stats cause of our qb issue
Cannot argue with this. We've seen what he can do when he's thrown to, on target and in stride. That said, I doubt that any other teams' #1 or #2 has tipped as many passes into opponents hands over the last 3 years.

I doubt it too.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by SFGem:
The only one I think that would start on another NFL team is crabtree.....discuss.....

Crabs yes, but I believe Joshua Morgan could also start on another NFL team. We already know that Ginn and Edwards have been starters on other teams and probably could be again. Williams is a rookie, but his talents are starting show and he could possibly start on another team.

Morgan was turning into a beast in this offense.
Yes. Crabtree, Edwards, and a healthy Morgan.
Physical talent is overrated. Guys like Driver were not as impressive as Calvin or Moss but with the game on the line who would you want going after the ball? Steve Smith is an uncanny receiver as well. Some guys just have a feel for the postion that allows them to adjust to the ball while it's in the air, reach in front of a DB for the ball, run over a DB for the ball, jump at just the right time for the ball.

So, while talking about how talented or untalented the SF, GB or other receivers are consider the success they are having and grant that some may actually have the intangibles to excell at the position.
All three could be pro bowlers with many other pass happy teams in the NFL.
Guys are getting carried away with where somebody was drafted and one past successful season for a certain player. Lets look at it realistically.

Crabtree - Yes.
Morgan - No way. You guys have to be kidding. He's super slow. He would not start for most teams.
Edwards - Some very good NFL production but he has been given up on by several NFL teams. Why? Because he was always injured and dropping passes. Sound familiair?
Ginn - Drops passes and tips them up in the air for interceptions. Same thing he was doing with previous teams. A phenemenal return guy though.
Williams - I see him more as a good slot and come off the bench guy. But he has obvious skills and good hands.

So you are looking at Crabtree definitely yes. Yes on Edwards if he can get healthy, stay healthy, and stop dropping so many passes. But can he do that? Williams has big upside IMO as at least a #3 slot guy.

I think this overall is a good but not great WR corps. We could still use better talent there. It's certainly not as bad as past years when we had some of the rediculous scrubs that we had.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:32 AM ]
crabtree or braylon could. edwards is not looking like he cares much right now though.

qb is a bigger problem than wr right now. alex needs to execute better and put the ball where the wide receivers can catch it, especially when they're wide open.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Guys are getting carried away with where somebody was drafted and one past successful season for a certain player. Lets look at it realistically.

Crabtree - Yes.
Morgan - No way. You guys have to be kidding. He's super slow. He would not start for most teams.
Edwards - Some very good NFL production but he has been given up on by several NFL teams. Why? Because he was always injured and dropping passes. Sound familiair?
Ginn - Drops passes and tips them up in the air for interceptions. Same thing he was doing with previous teams. A phenemenal return guy though.
Williams - I see him more as a good slot and come off the bench guy. But he has obvious skills and good hands.

So you are looking at Crabtree definitely yes. Yes on Edwards if he can get healthy, stay healthy, and stop dropping so many passes. But can he do that? Williams has big upside IMO as at least a #3 slot guy.

I think this overall is a good but not great WR corps. We could still use better talent there. It's certainly not as bad as past years when we had some of the rediculous scrubs that we had.

why do you think Morgan is slow? he's not that slow. he's a possession receiver, anyway, and he would absolutely start on the Rams, Bears, Jaguars, Dolphins, Vikings, Browns, Broncos, Titans, and Redskins, and possibly the Panthers, Patriots, Bills, and Lions.

There's a lot of mediocre starting WRs out there.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
crabtree or braylon could. edwards is not looking like he cares much right now though.

qb is a bigger problem than wr right now. alex needs to execute better and put the ball where the wide receivers can catch it, especially when they're wide open.

Seriously? We have no consistant speed on this team at WR. None of them play fast at all. Kyle Williams may end up being that guy, but none of our receivers are real threats. I like Crabtree, but I am still waiting...
Smith may have the high passes from time to time but there have been way too many dropped passes in the end zone that we are seeing other teams make. I see more WR's making their QB's look better than QB's making their WR's better. Sure we see a high pass from time to time, but do we ever really see the "OH WOW" catches or plays?
WR is something that does need to be upgraded, or WR play needs to continue to get better.
Dumb question. Both Crabtree and Edwards would start on many teams in the NFL. Crabtrees #2 are low because he was hurt early and because the Niners don't throw that much.
Originally posted by winner21:
Seriously? We have no consistant speed on this team at WR. None of them play fast at all. Kyle Williams may end up being that guy, but none of our receivers are real threats. I like Crabtree, but I am still waiting...
Smith may have the high passes from time to time but there have been way too many dropped passes in the end zone that we are seeing other teams make. I see more WR's making their QB's look better than QB's making their WR's better. Sure we see a high pass from time to time, but do we ever really see the "OH WOW" catches or plays?
WR is something that does need to be upgraded, or WR play needs to continue to get better.

when our guys get open deep alex consistently overthrows them. so, does it really matter? harbaugh isn't looking for a vertical offense.