There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would any of our Wrs start on any other NFL team?

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by brhokla:
Personally, I think Crabtree would start and be a great WR for the packers. Sorry but they have a heck of a QB situation in GB. AR would get the ball to Crabtree very often. I could only dream of how awesome this 49ers team would be right now if we had AR as our QB. Not bashing Alex but Nolan screwed the hell up! Alex is now coming around but AR is probably the best QB in the NFL at this point.

Of Jennings, Nelson and Jones, it is doubtful Crabtree would see PT ahead of any of them. Jennings and Nelson are locks and Jones has speed to stretch the defense that MC doesn't.

Crabtree is still very much a work in progress. Let's wait and rate him on what he can actually do instead of what we HOPE he can do.

i think crabtree>nelson. hes shifty as hell even when he doesnt catch the ball in stride and has to stop he makes teams miss. hes a beast, jordy is good but i think the manning effect can be said about the rodgers effect in making mediocre receivers look awesome. not saying jordy is mediocre but i think the QBs of those two teams can make even the worst WR look awesome

How much of Nelson and the Packers have you seen?

Nelson has better speed and is stronger.

I agree MC has potential but as he is playing now versus Nelson, Nelson is better, IMO.

i dunno man, ive seen nelson play and i like him a lot but i think crabs is the more complete receiver. he moves way smoother than nelson and he can jump and is really physical. our passing game just started to click a little so i think this conversation should be revisited but i think crabs is the man
There's nothing wrong with our receivers. I've said before Morgan is a starter and he showed why his year. Crabtree is comparable to a Boldin type and we already know Braylon can start.

This team HAS talent folks. We just need the QB and WR to hit on those big play opportunities. It's not like they haven't been there.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Aaron Rodgers is better than Alex Smith. Period. Forget all the excuses. Rodgers is more talented. If the roles were reversed, it's highly unlikely Alex would be anywhere near Rodgers' current level, even if he got all the advantaged you just mentioned. Look no further than Alex's accuracy issues (throwing 10 feet over receiver's heads, throwing 5-yards short of a receiver standing 12 yards away, etc).

People need go give it up and admit we made a mistake. Alex is doing well now, and that's awesome for us, but Rodgers is the far superior QB regardless of all the excuses made for Alex.

i still argue that was poor coaching. in those first years he almost never put any touch on his passes. and i have never seen him throw a 7yd pass on a 12 yard route unless there was interference.

Aaron Rodgers is better than Alex Smith. Period. Forget all the excuses. Rodgers is more talented. If the roles were reversed, it's highly unlikely Alex would be anywhere near Rodgers' current level, even if he got all the advantaged you just mentioned. Look no further than Alex's accuracy issues (throwing 10 feet over receiver's heads, throwing 5-yards short of a receiver standing 12 yards away, etc).

People need go give it up and admit we made a mistake. Alex is doing well now, and that's awesome for us, but Rodgers is the far superior QB regardless of all the excuses made for Alex.

Rediculous argument. Rodgers had 7 years in the same system, same coaches, same players. Alex Smith had 7 coordinators in 7 years and NoWin and SingleBrainCell with a much worse team along the way. This is the first good HC he ever had and the first legit good team he ever had. He's had 1/2 of a season with these guys with no offseason work at all due to the lockout. Give it at least 2 years in the same system with the same guys so you can see what Alex can really do...

You can whine and cry about that pick for the rest of your life. But a lot of teams can say that. Many teams passed on Joe Montana. So did we in round 1 and round 2 until we picked him in the 3rd. Many teams passed on Tom Brady. So did the Patriots 5 times until they picked him the 6th round. Sometimes you get lucky. And I don't see what whining about that pick forever will do to change this team. We have what we have and hopefully it works out for the best.

Not comparing the guys necessarily directly. But I will say Rodgers went to a better team, better organization at least at the time, more years of development from the bench to learn, system continuity, coaching continuity and player continuity and familiarity. That's night and day from Alex's situation. There is no comparison at all. If Alex is already this much better with 1/2 season of COMPETENT COACHING what can he do with 2 or 3 years of competent coaching? Obviously he was managed very badly and this year proves it. The haters actually look bad because we always said with a competent coach he could develop. And he has with 1/2 season and no offseason of work even. Imagine 2 or 3 years of this.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 23, 2011 at 12:42 AM ]
When healthy, Edwards appears to be the most capable starter and being a big target would likely get him into the starting lineup. Crabtree has great hands but the foot problems have likely limited his YAC ability and that might hinder him in terms of a starting spot. Morgan seems to have a higher ceiling, with very good YAC ability and uncanny quickness in the open field.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Rediculous argument. Rodgers had 7 years in the same system, same coaches, same players. Alex Smith had 7 coordinators in 7 years and NoWin and SingleBrainCell with a much worse team along the way. This is the first good HC he ever had and the first legit good team he ever had. He's had 1/2 of a season with these guys with no offseason work at all due to the lockout. Give it at least 2 years in the same system with the same guys so you can see what Alex can really do...

You can whine and cry about that pick for the rest of your life. But a lot of teams can say that. Many teams passed on Joe Montana. So did we in round 1 and round 2 until we picked him in the 3rd. Many teams passed on Tom Brady. So did the Patriots 5 times until they picked him the 6th round. Sometimes you get lucky. And I don't see what whining about that pick forever will do to change this team. We have what we have and hopefully it works out for the best.

Not comparing the guys necessarily directly. But I will say Rodgers went to a better team, better organization at least at the time, more years of development from the bench to learn, system continuity, coaching continuity and player continuity and familiarity. That's night and day from Alex's situation. There is no comparison at all. If Alex is already this much better with 1/2 season of COMPETENT COACHING what can he do with 2 or 3 years of competent coaching? Obviously he was managed very badly and this year proves it. The haters actually look bad because we always said with a competent coach he could develop. And he has with 1/2 season and no offseason of work even. Imagine 2 or 3 years of this.

couldnt have said it better

Both were products of their environments, no one knows how either would have turned out had the script been flipped. I personally think it was a mistake for this team to take a qb that year at all considering the terrible lack of depth. Also it was not a sure thing that Rodgers was going to turn out to be any good at all, he wouldn't have been the first Cal qb to fall flat on his face in the pros. Not being a Cal homer or blessed with the gift of foresight, Smith looked to be the more talented of the two physically, its not like people were tripping over each other to draft Rodgers either. People just need to get the f**k over it, we have who we have and the other guy is the f**king enemy now. We don't know how eithers career is going to turn out anyway, tomorrow's game could be the last one either ever plays or it could be the next step to a championship for either, or both.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGem:
The only one I think that would start on another NFL team is crabtree.....discuss.....

Seriously?

Crabtree, early 1st round pick. YES.
Edwards, already started on other teams and 1,000+ yard receiver. YES
Morgan, I certainly think so. YES
Davis, Vernon, pro bowler. YES
KW would be a probowl receiver.
Edwards, Crabtree, and Morgan would start for other teams, but like us they would leave them wanting more. It's like having a tasty meal but not enough portions.
Yeah, definitely Edwards and Crabs. Morgan probably starts for half the teams.
Right now, Braylon Edwards would not start for most teams. He shouldn't be starting for our team. I believe the OP's point re: Edwards was for people to stop looking at the 2007 stat sheet and start watching the 2011 gamefilm. (If that was his point, I agree with him.)

Edwards is not an NFL starting-caliber WR right now. (Neither is Ginn, for that matter, but that's hardly a revelation.) Harbaugh has essentially admitted as much. I would challenge anyone who disagrees with this to first watch the offensive snaps from the last few weeks and actually focus on Braylon.

IMHO, the plays Kyle Williams got last Sunday were the result of us working him into practice more the last few weeks, after we concluded that neither Braylon nor Ginn were giving us enough. KW was so far down the depth chart that we couldn't just shove him in immediately.
Are you serious? Of course our WR's would start on other teams. Crabtree, Morgan and Braylon(already a pro bowler) are as talented as any of The Green Bay Packers or Saints Recievers. It's just we don't have an all-pro Qb that can get the ball to our recievers beyond 5yds.
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Are you serious? Of course our WR's would start on other teams. Crabtree, Morgan and Braylon(already a pro bowler) are as talented as any of The Green Bay Packers or Saints Recievers. It's just we don't have an all-pro Qb that can get the ball to our recievers beyond 5yds.

Um, no dude. Just no.
If it's limited to just this year in 10 games. Not much of a discussion. Crabtree would only be starting on any other team. Edward just came back the last 2-3 weeks with a knee injury. Hasn't shown much since. And Morgan is injured. So those two definitely not.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:05 AM ]