There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would any of our Wrs start on any other NFL team?

Any of our WR can start for the deadskins...
Originally posted by brhokla:
Personally, I think Crabtree would start and be a great WR for the packers. Sorry but they have a heck of a QB situation in GB. AR would get the ball to Crabtree very often. I could only dream of how awesome this 49ers team would be right now if we had AR as our QB. Not bashing Alex but Nolan screwed the hell up! Alex is now coming around but AR is probably the best QB in the NFL at this point.

the question then becomes not what the niners would look like if we had your beloved AR but what G.B. would look like if Alex had gotten a chance to sit for three years behind one of the best q.b.s in history and then got to inherit a team that went to the nfc championship game the year before.... He would be tearing it up just like optimus prime. Can you still not see how important the system that raises a Q.B is??? Do you really think AR could have lifted up what was the the worst offense in the league with NO pro bowl receivers or Olineman and delivered us Ring #5??????really dude... I would stilll take Alex over the Aaron " born into the NFL with Brett Farves silver jockstrap in his mouth" rodgers if we had to do it all over!!! Aaron turned into a decent Q.b. thoughehh. and yeah the receiving core that crabtree MIGHT be able to make aint so bad either
[ Edited by matthewabbit on Nov 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM ]
I an curious as to WHO all these amazing WR's are in the NFL who are SOOOO much better than our's?

There are a handful of obvious names, then there are some who have All-Pro quarterbacks throwing them the ball. I bet those who think our WR's are average, couldn't even name half the WR's in the league to begin with.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
the question then becomes not what the niners would look like if we had your beloved AR but what G.B. would look like if Alex had gotten a chance to sit for three years behind one of the best q.b.s in history and then got to inherit a team that went to the nfc championship game the year before.... He would be tearing it up just like optimus prime. Can you still not see how important the system that raises a Q.B is??? Do you really think AR could have lifted up what was the the worst offense in the league with NO pro bowl receivers or Olineman and delivered us Ring #5??????really dude... I would stilll take Alex over the Aaron " born into the NFL with Brett Farves silver jockstrap in his mouth" rodgers if we had to do it all over!!! Aaron turned into a decent Q.b. thoughehh. and yeah the receiving core that crabtree MIGHT be able to make aint so bad either

Green Bay has a POOR offensive line. They are below average at BEST. Rogers is constantly pressured. It is amazing what he has accomplished in spite of this.
He has good WR's, but rarely do you see them as open as Michael Crabtree was against the Cardinals. Rogers routinely fits the ball into 6 inch windows.

I LOVE what Alex Smith is doing this year, but the fantasizing on the WZ is painful sometimes.
Crabtree is about it. Honestly our WR's aren't that great. But they aren't as bad as in the past either. Braylon is always injured and he drops the ball too much. Same problems he had with other teams. Williams is good but more like a come off the bench slot guy. Like we sometimes use him. Morgan is out injured so I don't include him in the argument. But he's not overwhelming anyway. And I don't think he woud start for most teams.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Crabtree is about it. Honestly our WR's aren't that great. But they aren't as bad as in the past either. Braylon is always injured and he drops the ball too much. Same problems he had with other teams. Williams is good but more like a come off the bench slot guy. Like we sometimes use him. Morgan is out injured so I don't include him in the argument. But he's not overwhelming anyway. And I don't think he woud start for most teams.

At least they're good enough to avoid an 0-16 season.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Personally, I think Crabtree would start and be a great WR for the packers. Sorry but they have a heck of a QB situation in GB. AR would get the ball to Crabtree very often. I could only dream of how awesome this 49ers team would be right now if we had AR as our QB. Not bashing Alex but Nolan screwed the hell up! Alex is now coming around but AR is probably the best QB in the NFL at this point.

Aaron Rodgers is better than Alex Smith. Period. Forget all the excuses. Rodgers is more talented. If the roles were reversed, it's highly unlikely Alex would be anywhere near Rodgers' current level, even if he got all the advantaged you just mentioned. Look no further than Alex's accuracy issues (throwing 10 feet over receiver's heads, throwing 5-yards short of a receiver standing 12 yards away, etc).

People need go give it up and admit we made a mistake. Alex is doing well now, and that's awesome for us, but Rodgers is the far superior QB regardless of all the excuses made for Alex.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Aaron Rodgers is better than Alex Smith. Period. Forget all the excuses. Rodgers is more talented. If the roles were reversed, it's highly unlikely Alex would be anywhere near Rodgers' current level, even if he got all the advantaged you just mentioned. Look no further than Alex's accuracy issues (throwing 10 feet over receiver's heads, throwing 5-yards short of a receiver standing 12 yards away, etc).

People need go give it up and admit we made a mistake. Alex is doing well now, and that's awesome for us, but Rodgers is the far superior QB regardless of all the excuses made for Alex.

all I'm saying is that rodgers had THE BEST POSSIBLE SITUATION to walk into THREE years later. Alex had THE WORST POSSIBLE SITUATION and was expected to start five months later. Rodgers play has got better steadily over the last few years and so has Alex's. It is only now that has has a situation that even resembles functional. there is no reason to believe that his progress will slow anytime soon assuming we keep a decent receiving core together
everyone likes to compare the two because rodgers is the bay area heart throb who never was . but really folks do you think AR could have put the entire niner organization on his back and come up with anything more than a possible playoff birth. our team sucked mightily and the revolving coaches ended up serving to further worsen a bad situation. Rodgers is the better qb for sure but Smiths learning curve really is starting now
i think Crabs, Morgan and Edwards would start on many teams. edwards started for a few good teams recently, crabs is a great talent and Morgan is a very good receiver. williams may prove to be a very good receiver too. i think the only one whos starting days are over are Ginn. hes too valuable on special teams for one and two he cant catch for the most part. it would take an injury for Ginn to start but i think our top three are good enough to start most places and kyle may become a great threat for us too

Of Jennings, Nelson and Jones, it is doubtful Crabtree would see PT ahead of any of them. Jennings and Nelson are locks and Jones has speed to stretch the defense that MC doesn't.

Crabtree is still very much a work in progress. Let's wait and rate him on what he can actually do instead of what we HOPE he can do.
Originally posted by dj43:

Of Jennings, Nelson and Jones, it is doubtful Crabtree would see PT ahead of any of them. Jennings and Nelson are locks and Jones has speed to stretch the defense that MC doesn't.

Crabtree is still very much a work in progress. Let's wait and rate him on what he can actually do instead of what we HOPE he can do.

i think crabtree>nelson. hes shifty as hell even when he doesnt catch the ball in stride and has to stop he makes teams miss. hes a beast, jordy is good but i think the manning effect can be said about the rodgers effect in making mediocre receivers look awesome. not saying jordy is mediocre but i think the QBs of those two teams can make even the worst WR look awesome
crabtree and braylon can be #1s on some teams, #2 on most

josh morgan can also be a #2 on some
Doesn't matter as long as long as we have a RB and 2 TEs that would start on most teams.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by dj43:

i think crabtree>nelson. hes shifty as hell even when he doesnt catch the ball in stride and has to stop he makes teams miss. hes a beast, jordy is good but i think the manning effect can be said about the rodgers effect in making mediocre receivers look awesome. not saying jordy is mediocre but i think the QBs of those two teams can make even the worst WR look awesome

How much of Nelson and the Packers have you seen?

Nelson has better speed and is stronger.

I agree MC has potential but as he is playing now versus Nelson, Nelson is better, IMO.