There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would any of our Wrs start on any other NFL team?

• SFGem
  • Veteran
The only one I think that would start on another NFL team is crabtree.....discuss.....
crabtree would but not on all teams
Originally posted by SFGem:
The only one I think that would start on another NFL team is crabtree.....discuss.....

Edwards was a starter the past 2 years on a team that made the conference championship game both years. There's very few teams that Crabtree WOULDN'T start for. Maybe GB but that's about it. Although I bet this is the first time in NFL history a team has won 9 of its first 10 games while only getting 1 combined TD from the starting wideouts and just 4 from the total WR corps.
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Don't tell me what to do.

You admitted Crabtree would be 1.
Braylon Edwards would start for other teams if you want me to name one the Rams.
I believe if we let Kyle Williams go he would have displaced Jason Hill in Jacksonville.
I don't believe Ginn would be a starter that being said he is a capable third.
Joshua Morgan would definitely have been a starter.
4 of 5 would be in my opinion we have a talented group of receivers.
Crabs would be a #2 on most NFL team.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he would on any team, he's lacking stats cause of our qb issue
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he would on any team, he's lacking stats cause of our qb issue

My suggestion would be to wait til end of season, let alex actually get to know his receivers under the eye of our HC, also a QB and QB coach, and then watch and let's see how are receivers do. My money is on JH coaching QB/receiver connections that will be outstanding next yr. This yr, with no prep time except for 4 weeks, we just aren't going to see what we really have. The great combos over the yrs have thrown thousands of routes to their WRs/TEs, and now that we have our coach, that can only get way better for us. Imagine noln or BM out there trying to teach WRs and TEs how to run routes and catch balls. JH is going to get this done, and he will do it with alex.
crabs,morgan,williams,edwards,and ginn would all start on other nfl teams. hell anybody could start on jacksonville
Crabtree, Braylon and maybe Morgan could. I would say no to Williams and Ginn.
LOL. um, YES. Braylon started on a playoff team last year. Ginn has been a starter, though he wouldn't start on many teams now, but there's a couple that he would probably start on, sadly (for them).

Crabtree would start on any team but the Packers, who have the best WR corps in the league--and even then he might start, and even if he didn't, would be heavily involved.

Morgan, too, is fairly underrated. He was on the verge of a breakout year before the injury. I think if he had been on a more offensively competent team the last few years, he'd be a solid player and not doubted like he is on this board. there's several teams he would start for (Broncos, Dolphins, Vikings, Rams, Jaguars, maybe others)
[ Edited by HessianDud on Nov 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
if by start you mean as a #1 or #2 then yes Crabs, Morgan, and Edwards would all start. Williams would start as a slot receiver for MOST teams and Ginn could play behind a #2 on SOME teams.
Personally, I think Crabtree would start and be a great WR for the packers. Sorry but they have a heck of a QB situation in GB. AR would get the ball to Crabtree very often. I could only dream of how awesome this 49ers team would be right now if we had AR as our QB. Not bashing Alex but Nolan screwed the hell up! Alex is now coming around but AR is probably the best QB in the NFL at this point.
Absolutely.
Originally posted by brhokla:
Personally, I think Crabtree would start and be a great WR for the packers. Sorry but they have a heck of a QB situation in GB. AR would get the ball to Crabtree very often.

Who would he be start over? Jennings? Nelson? Driver? Two proven deep threats and a bonafide slot guy that happens to hold the Packers record for most catches. Only one I could see him beating out would be Jones, who rarely sees the field as they dont like taking Finely off.

Nothing against Crabtree, I think he has a ton of talent and will be a very good WR here for a long time, but to plug him into the GB passing machine wouldnt happen. AR has too much trust and is far to familiar with his big three WR targets.