LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

49ers Team Stats....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I never know exactly where we stand from week to week, so I figured I'd post a topic on the Niners official team stats.

After week 11

Offense:
20th Overall
27th Passing
6th Rushing
7th Scoring

Defense:
8th Overall
23rd vs Pass
1st vs Run
1st Scoring
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:45 AM ]
That passing defense stat is very over in flated as well. Since no one can run on us teams only chance on us is to pass. I'd say our D is better than what we see.
Agreed. I would like some more stats. Like special teams, turnovers, and things like that.
  • ttime
Not true. Other top running defenses are also amongst the top in defending the pass.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
7th O in points made
1st D in points allowed

That's all that really matters. How the conventional thinking goes by yards over points is beyond me.
can anybody post up the special teams stats i cant find em anywhere im pretty sure we are ranked in the top 5 in total special teams as well
  • ttime
Originally posted by DJD:
7th O in points made
1st D in points allowed

That's all that really matters. How the conventional thinking goes by yards over points is beyond me.

Don't you think that holds true more so for defense than offense? Special teams and defense can score and contribute to the offensive numbers. I agree with you though that those rankings matter most when evaluating the entire team; aside from W & L.
Originally posted by ttime:
Not true. Other top running defenses are also amongst the top in defending the pass.

Yes, but its more than that.

1) Niners are great vs run which causes teams to give up on it.
2) Niners are usually WINNING which forces teams to pass more (and also improves the run numbers)
3) The Niners simply aren't the best in pass defense. Really good QBs have carved them up, but they are really good in the red-zone.
Only stat that maaters to me is:

1st Scoring
Originally posted by ttime:
Originally posted by DJD:
7th O in points made
1st D in points allowed

Don't you think that holds true more so for defense than offense? Special teams and defense can score and contribute to the offensive numbers. I agree with you though that those rankings matter most when evaluating the entire team; aside from W & L.

we've maintained a top ten scoring ranking all season, despite the fact that we haven't had a D/ST score since the TB game.

our passing game isn't as bad neither since we avg 7.2ish yards per pass which ranks them in the middle. (13th i think) Since we do not pass alot, (ranked last in pass attemps) our yards per game passing will be low.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I never know exactly where we stand from week to week, so I figured I'd post a topic on the Niners official team stats.

After week 11

Offense:
7th Scoring

Defense:
1st Scoring

The only two stats that are recorded besides W/L when you look at standings. Back in the day this was how you ranked offense and defense..not based on yards.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone