There are 276 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Have you been paying attention to the Cowgirls? Remember anything about a FG attempt?

That has nothing to do with the fact that N.O. is the epitome of a team not built to play outdoor January football.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
was hoping for Detroit but doubt they even get in. So... Atlanta. They are the worst road team we might face and I'm not remotely scared of Ryan. But if we get the 2 seed, I'm pretty sure we'll face the Saints, since they'll very likely win their home playoff game.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
The 1 team I don't want to face (though I still think we'd win) is the NYG. They are better on the road than at home and play best against elite teams, plus Eli is scary clutch.
DALLAS
Saints! They biltzed the hell out of our offense in that first preseason game. If the 9ers did that to Drew Brees, they would have drawn so much heat from around the league.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
btw, if we do end up tied with the Saints at 13-3 (they will likely be favored in each of their last six regular season games), we'll win the tiebreaker based on conference record. Tied at 12-4, also highly unlikely they win any tiebreaker against us.
Of all the teams, I hope we don't have to play Atlanta. Matt Ryan and his weapons on offense. That team is capable of upsets in the playoffs.
Any team the 9ers haven't beaten yet. You don't build your rep by beating a team twice, but by beating as many good teams as possible. So, of the choices, I would pick NO, Dallas, Chi, or Atl. The second criteria would be the best team possible.
do u remember what the saints did to the niners in the preseason i say chicago only because they dont have elite qb anymore with cutler out
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Cutler would probably be ready for that game. I think it was a 6-8 week injury.
now i think of it with caleb at qb for the rest of the season the bears wont make the playoffs
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
DALLAS

Lets take them out!
Originally posted by susweel:
Atlanta

Beating them would be nice. Especially after Roddy White was talking s*** on Alex before the season. Here it is:

"Why is the 49ers wasting their time with alex smith they need to move on better yet try to get luck next year would be good for them"

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/04/inside-the-49ers/roddy-white-and-alex-smith-a-twitter-talye/

Hey Roddy, what do you think of Alex now? He is out playing Matty Ice for most of the year.

att comp com% yds yds/a long td int sack rate yds/g

Alex Smith, QB SF 298 186 62.4 2,116 7.10 44 13 5 30 91.2 192

Matt Ryan, QB AT L394 246 62.4 2,887 7.33 80 18 10 22 89.3 262

Yes there are a few numbers that are higher, but in the Falcons O Ryan has about 100 more attempts and 60 more completions. They just throw the ball more, plus Roddy White and Julio Jones helps. We don't have any receivers of that quality.

Wow, I kind of got off topic. Oh well lol.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Nov 29, 2011 at 5:48 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
A guy by the name of Ric Flair used to always say "To be the man, you got to beat the man." So I can see your enthusiasm in wanting to face the best, but truth be told I think you all are in for a rude awakening come playoff time. It comes down to matchups. I have zero confidence in the 49ers defense being able to hold an elite offense (GB, NO, DAL) to 21 pts or less, which means the offense is going to have to step up, passing the ball. That's too much to ask especially with the rules in place that favor the offense. For those that say otherwise are overrating the defense. They have been consistent week in and week out, but they should be measured by what they do against good offenses and they were torched by Dallas, Philly, and the Giants. Pittsburgh is another test later this month. The 49ers are ahead of schedule, but they need more time to fine tune their passing offense and better WRs. I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's also possible they may not have the right QB to be an elite offense either. The 49ers offense is set up by their ability to control the line of scrimmage with their running game and short passing game. I think a team like Dallas can overwhelm the 49ers offensive line (remember the 6 sacks in week 2?). People will point to the Week 2 game in 2010 to say they can play against the Saints, but Drew Brees is playing even better and he has more weapons (no Jimmy Graham, no running game). I didn't even get into the matchup problems Green Bay causes........