There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Even though i think Dallas can be very dangerous come January i still want to beat them in a playoff game, this goes beyond this year alone every time we play them in the post season is huge and the other point, picture this: Super Bowl champions, beat the Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Dallas, Packers and Steelers again! talk about beating the cream of the crop..
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
If Green Bay loses to Detroit or the Giants and we maintain the same record, we will own the #1 seed.

That aside, I'd rather face Dallas or Chicago at home. I want payback for the regular season game....and I'd enjoy seeing our D go against the Bears.

are you sure? i posted the tiebreaker rules in the 24/7PL thread. it comes down to Strength of victory
strength of schedule first I think

nope. Strength of victory then Strength of schedule

If GB loses to Detroit, then I'm pretty sure we will be the #1 seed if our records are the same because we will have a better divisional record. If they lose to the Giants, then we will have the same divisional and conference record and GB is likely to win all of the other "strength of" tie breakers. We really need them to lose a divisional game!

To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tiebreakers.

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.(n/a)
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.(n/a)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four. (Rams, Bucs, Lions, Giants)
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

didn't realize we had so many common opponents this season so it's currently at #3. if GB loses to DET or NYG, we would have it.

if it goes to #4, we would end up as the 2nd seed due to playing in the NFC West.

Strength of Victory
A part of the NFL's tiebreaking proceedure, strength of victory is figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten.

#3 is exactly why I said what I said. We have 4 games in common. They play Detroit twice..so we have two chances there. If they come out 1 and 1 vs Detroit, we have a better record or if they lose to the Giants. Or both and we can afford another loss. Again this means we would have to beat both the Ravens this week and the Steelers later on. That's no easy task.

IF GB loses to any other team but beats both of those teams in those 3 games and maintains an equal or better record, we're #2.
Cowboys, to get revenge for our only loss of the season.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jakemall:
#3 is exactly why I said what I said. We have 4 games in common. They play Detroit twice..so we have two chances there. If they come out 1 and 1 vs Detroit, we have a better record or if they lose to the Giants. Or both and we can afford another loss. Again this means we would have to beat both the Ravens this week and the Steelers later on. That's no easy task.

IF GB loses to any other team but beats both of those teams in those 3 games and maintains an equal or better record, we're #2.

yes. i was unaware we had enough common opponents. i forgot about them playing the Rams.
Dallas for sure, but I doubt they get out of the first round. Romo is a choke artist.
Dallas, obviously.

so you want to see dallas in the second round because we had them beat in game 2 only to lose in ot? I would be careful what you wish for. This team is flying under the radar. They have underachieved for 4 years now. On paper they are great on defense and have alot of playmakers on offense. More than the 49ers. I predicted a raven/dallas superbowl since the beginning of the year. I will back that prediction,at least with dallas. We dont want the cowboys. Rather play the packers. They are more of a one dimensional team with a flawed defense.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Dallas, obviously.

so you want to see dallas in the second round because we had them beat in game 2 only to lose in ot? I would be careful what you wish for. This team is flying under the radar. They have underachieved for 4 years now. On paper they are great on defense and have alot of playmakers on offense. More than the 49ers. I predicted a raven/dallas superbowl since the beginning of the year. I will back that prediction,at least with dallas. We dont want the cowboys. Rather play the packers. They are more of a one dimensional team with a flawed defense.

SECOND ROUND

also, f**k the Cowboys. You're a troll and you are afraid of the Cowboys. You make me sad.
COWBOYS - I want our win back and would love to send them home.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Dallas, obviously.

i always want my team to play and beat the best competition out there. i'm sure the players feel the same way. don't be scared.
dallas for sure. for one theyre the only team to beat us and sending us on our radical asswhooping spree. second, theyre the cowboys and i hate them. then we knock out the packers, then we knock off the bengals, ravens, steelers, raiders, pats... doesnt matter. were takin it all this year!!!
Dallas to complete the requirements......
i want new orleans. after what they did to us in our first pre season game.. i want harbaugh to punk sean payton!
Dallas - It's payback time!
Dallas, obviously.

i always want my team to play and beat the best competition out there. i'm sure the players feel the same way. don't be scared.

id rather play the easier team i may be the minority on that

the only thing that will go down in history is that x team won the superbowl

during playoffs im going to go for the worse team (doesnt necessarily mean team with worse record just team we match up well against )
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Dallas, obviously.

id rather play the easier team i may be the minority on that

the only thing that will go down in history is that x team won the superbowl

during playoffs im going to go for the worse team (doesnt necessarily mean team with worse record just team we match up well against )

f**k that we arent scared of anyone. we've beaten a ton of teams this year that we were supposedly not better than. bring on the cowgirls