There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
If Green Bay loses to Detroit or the Giants and we maintain the same record, we will own the #1 seed.

That aside, I'd rather face Dallas or Chicago at home. I want payback for the regular season game....and I'd enjoy seeing our D go against the Bears.

are you sure? i posted the tiebreaker rules in the 24/7PL thread. it comes down to Strength of victory
strength of schedule first I think

nope. Strength of victory then Strength of schedule
Chicago.

We pwn the Bears in the playoffs.
Detroit and their b***h ass team
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Detroit and their b***h ass team

Do NOT want Detroit. We are certainly better than them, but they would be so fired up after the regular season game it could go either way. As we havent even got to the playoffs yet my superstitious nature does not want to choose an opponent.
Bring the Cowgirls back to the Stick ...we need to get payback on those f*ckers !!!
I cannot believe so many of y'all are scared to play the f**king Cowboys. I honestly feel if we were to play them right now we'd spank that ass. We're playing so much better than we were in week 2. f**k Dallas.
If Green Bay loses to Detroit or the Giants and we maintain the same record, we will own the #1 seed.

That aside, I'd rather face Dallas or Chicago at home. I want payback for the regular season game....and I'd enjoy seeing our D go against the Bears.

are you sure? i posted the tiebreaker rules in the 24/7PL thread. it comes down to Strength of victory

If GB loses to Detroit, then I'm pretty sure we will be the #1 seed if our records are the same because we will have a better divisional record. If they lose to the Giants, then we will have the same divisional and conference record and GB is likely to win all of the other "strength of" tie breakers. We really need them to lose a divisional game!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Dallas without question
I'd love to beat the cowboys and packers and revive those old rivalries. I also want to beat the best which would be the saints and packers.

Somehow you skipped the 4th tiebreaker, which comes down to performance against conference foes. Then strengths of victory and schedule.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Somehow you skipped the 4th tiebreaker, which comes down to performance against conference foes. Then strengths of victory and schedule.

I see what you did - you accidentally pasted the rules for a Wildcard tie.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Bring the Cowgirls back to the Stick ...we need to get payback on those f*ckers !!!
REMATCH
I want some Cow Girls!
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ghostrider:

If GB loses to Detroit, then I'm pretty sure we will be the #1 seed if our records are the same because we will have a better divisional record. If they lose to the Giants, then we will have the same divisional and conference record and GB is likely to win all of the other "strength of" tie breakers. We really need them to lose a divisional game!

To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tiebreakers.

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.(n/a)
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.(n/a)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four. (Rams, Bucs, Lions, Giants)
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

didn't realize we had so many common opponents this season so it's currently at #3. if GB loses to DET or NYG, we would have it.

if it goes to #4, we would end up as the 2nd seed due to playing in the NFC West.

Strength of Victory
A part of the NFL's tiebreaking proceedure, strength of victory is figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten.
Chicago. I want to win the game and they by far present the least amount of challenges for us. With or without Cutler. We will stop their run and their WRs don't scare me one bit.

49ers 27 / Bears 7
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home