LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you like the Niners to host in the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Let's get ahead of ourselves!

I'm going to assume that Green Bay doesn't fall below the #2 seed. And while I don't think we've heard the last of the Eagles, I'm only including teams in the NFC that are over .500.

That being said, who would you like to host (can you believe we're talking about this?!?!?) in the 2nd round? I'm leaning toward Detroit. I think their first 10 points in the first matchup were largely the result of crowd noise, and we still beat them. They're also a one dimensional offense, and I think Stafford's probably the weakest QB amongst all of these teams. And defensively, they've been extremely vulnerable. Our O-Line gave them a beatdown in the first matchup, and we ran all over them.

Thoughts?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Dallas, obviously.
Dallas, they beat us, I live in Austin, Texas and I f**king hate the gay ass cowboys.
Originally posted by boast:
Dallas, obviously.

So more of their fans can show up than ours? I personally think we do not match up well against them. I perfer Detroit but realistically, the saints will be our 2nd round match up.
if it is dallas we better figure out how to cover jason whitten
The Saints... revenge from last year, as well as revenge for the preseason blitz b******t. Imagine if Smith got injured in preseason, where would we be now?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
not picking Dallas.....

I agree that I want payback and want to beat those Cowgirls but I'd like to see how the defense will match up against Drew Brees. It'll definitely help if we do eventually meet the Packers at the NFCC. So my choices are #1 Saints #2 Chicago #3 Dallas (Would love payback but wouldn't mind if they were one and done in playoffs if they ever get there, I think that'll be good enough for me)
Dallas
New Orleans Chicago or Atlanta-Somebody different. If gotta be someone we played then Dallas. More posterity sake, the more different people the niners play then niners can say we played most of the NFL if we win the SB.. With Dallas, you want to avenge the lost, leave no bragging rights to the pokes if we win it all. With that said if we manage to beat both the Ravens and Steelers, would want to play a team that we hadn't played in the SB.

DALLAS
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Atlanta
If Green Bay loses to Detroit or the Giants and we maintain the same record, we will own the #1 seed.

That aside, I'd rather face Dallas or Chicago at home. I want payback for the regular season game....and I'd enjoy seeing our D go against the Bears.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Jakemall:
If Green Bay loses to Detroit or the Giants and we maintain the same record, we will own the #1 seed.

That aside, I'd rather face Dallas or Chicago at home. I want payback for the regular season game....and I'd enjoy seeing our D go against the Bears.

are you sure? i posted the tiebreaker rules in the 24/7PL thread. it comes down to Strength of victory
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

are you sure? i posted the tiebreaker rules in the 24/7PL thread. it comes down to Strength of victory
strength of schedule first I think
Share 49ersWebzone