There are 207 users in the forums

4th Quarter Play Calling....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm starting to get very worried with out play in the 4th quarter.
I'm not sure why our coaches are so confident with closing shop when there is 8-9 minutes left in the game.

Allowed a comeback to the Cowgirls, almost allowed the Giants to comeback, and gave the Cardinals an opportunity as well.
When it passes 10:00 left in the game all we do is run, we don't attempt to get first downs and keep the clock running.
I'm very worried this is going to cost us a game when we can't afford it later on.
i believe we are 2 scores up and it's called time management.
Not managing too well when we go 3 and out....
They score,
Then we go 3 and out...
They drive down the field. and our D saves us.
i'm so drunk in the 4th i usually just dont remember the bad parts
Ya, the way the cardinals were driving up and down the field yesterday in their 16 minutes of possession had me really worried about it at the end. Anything else you'd like to complain about?
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Ya, the way the cardinals were driving up and down the field yesterday in their 16 minutes of possession had me really worried about it at the end. Anything else you'd like to complain about?

It was a f**king nail-biter...
Not too worried about it. We've only lost one game. It cant be that much of a problem. I'm more concerned with missed opportunities for td's that turn into field goals.
What would've happened if Smith didn't bat that pass down last week?
[ Edited by JayDAche on Nov 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM ]
Cause harbaugh feels our defense is our strongest position on field and would rather have those 11 on the field then the offense. Why do you think we defer on ever coin toss? To start on defense cause it's our strength
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Alex Smith has the highest QB Rating in the 4th Quarter.

Originally posted by Garcia:
Alex Smith has the highest QB Rating in the 4th Quarter.

Which is why I can't figure out why they don't Pass on the 3rd and 15 calls as opposed to running it. Try to get the first, and then run in for 2 more.
Blame Josh Morgan. I think Harbaugh let all that talk about losing him in garbage time get to him.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Blame Josh Morgan. I think Harbaugh let all that talk about losing him in garbage time get to him.

There's a big difference... that was 49-7...
As opposed to 20-7
or this week 23-0 which turned to 23-7, they still did it and the Cards pushed right down field again.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
What would've happened if Smith didn't bat that pass down last week?

what would happen if we didn't get harbaugh. who knows...but it doesn't matter cuz it happened
The coaches are learning as well as the players and i expect to see improvements in any area we perceive to be coaching weak points . but yeah it has been a little close at times for those sober enough to see the screen fourth quarter. But the confidence harbaugh has in the D couldn't be more apparent with his constant differed kickoffs and desire for D to be the clutch closer
Share 49ersWebzone