LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Where/what happend to shawntae spencer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I said it long before this season. Spencer is not good enough to start in this league. He's where he should be, on the bench. How anyone could doubt Harbaugh's coaching and decision making after this start is beyond me. He had a few games here and there he played well in, but it's nice not to see him getting torched every other game. He was part of the problem last season and i'm glad his inconsistent a$$ isn't a starter any more.
He's under contract thru 2012 so we should use him, T Brock struggled today
All I can say is WOW. What the heck happened? Barrows has reported that he has been inactive for the last 2 games. And even with Brown getting injured, the depth chart is Culliver, Brock, then Spencer. There is no way this can be based soley on talent. Anyone have any insight? Or mabye he really is, just that bad...
Spencer is like 5 years or so older than the rest of the other corners, he's had a lingering injury for the past few years, yes he has way more experience, but physically he is just that bad.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
He's under contract thru 2012 so we should use him, T Brock struggled today

Making 3.3M and just isnt worth the money IMO. He isnt better than Culliver or Brown IMO.

And we will likely draft or sign a 2nd CB, thus making spencer expendable.
I think Spencer must have no speed and has to play too far off to be effective---has to be some logical reason Fangio doesn't want to play him. I miss the Niners playing on Sunday---not much fun.
where is what happend...EVEN IF GORE!!!
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i thought he was our best corner for years and he's been a ghost this year

i've heard he is in fangio's dog house but never actually read an article of any sort so i wanna know if its true
sure would seem so......
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Nagging injuries + limited special teams contributions = delegated to 3rd stringer

Personally, I don't like it, and some team is going to have a bargain #2 CB by acquiring him for a 6th round pick in the offseason.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Nagging injuries + limited special teams contributions = delegated to 3rd stringer

Personally, I don't like it, and some team is going to have a bargain #2 CB by acquiring him for a 6th round pick in the offseason.

yeah, because if they cut him to save money...someone from our division will pick him up ASAP.

Saw him on the sideline last game. Does that answer.
Is he died life?
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Is he died life?

Died life he has. Into exile he must go.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Spencer is like 5 years or so older than the rest of the other corners, he's had a lingering injury for the past few years, yes he has way more experience, but physically he is just that bad.

Your evidence of this is... where exactly?
I don't understand the hatred on Spencer. He's been the best CB we've had the past few seasons. He has definitely been a solid starter us when healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone