Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
still lost, lol

didn't win lol
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
And we still broke off a long TD run!

Yeah, but I think they changed the strategy after Alex threw for 150 yards in the first half.

I know and we know they must have gotten REALLY scared when we gashed them with that run after they made the adjustment. If I were a coach, I would be thinking, "s**t, WTF do we do now?"

Coughlin was asked in one of the article about the Hunter TD. He basically said he has to look at the film to find out what had happened on that last TD. I just looked at the play again, there were 10 guys in the box with a DB out wide on Crabtree. Hunter still ran in untouched. That was sick
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM ]
We passed the ball alot? Actually they didn't change their strategy on Kendal Hunter long run. They had everyone loaded to one side we all blocked down and the guard pulled and miller cleared it out. It was wide open and they were all in the box. Check out Mooches "coach em up" on NLF.com
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yeah, but I think they changed the strategy after Alex threw for 150 yards in the first half.

I know and we know they must have gotten REALLY scared when we gashed them with that run after they made the adjustment. If I were a coach, I would be thinking, "s**t, WTF do we do now?"

Coughlin was asked in one of the article about the Hunter TD. He basically said he has to look at the film to find out what had happened on that last TD. I just looked at the play again, there were 10 guys in the box with a DB out wide on Crabtree. Hunter still ran in untouched. That was sick

What's even better was that one of our assistants saw a weakness and called that play. Harbaugh's ego isn't as big as everyone thinks it is. He just hates losing.

Also nice to see we can make adjustments on the fly.

What's even better was that one of our assistants saw a weakness and called that play. Harbaugh's ego isn't as big as everyone thinks it is. He just hates losing.

oooooooh don't be mistaken harbaugh has a huge ego but he's just allergic to losing
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:

oooooooh don't be mistaken harbaugh has a huge ego but he's just allergic to losing

I don't know, most coaches don't allow multiple coaches to call plays. I think he is a true team player and will go with whatever works. He's not stubborn and he doesn't allow his ego to get in the way of listening to others.
Almost goes to show you how far this team has come compared to all those games under the Singletary era...

-Where teams would figure us out, shut the run down by mid-season, leaving it all up to Shaun Hill & Troy Smith to air it out (which they couldn't due to horrible game-planning/coaching around benefiting the best our abilities/talent).

Seriously, in previous years the moment the run got shut down, WE LOST PERIOD. -Last Sunday, the Giants held Gore to 0 yards, but this time around... they didn't count on Alex Smith to make them pay for it.

LOL, you'll also find out on NFL SFX that Alex almost forwarded for the 'audible', but stuck with his gut, and "LET IT ROLL".
49ers 27 Giants 20
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers OC Greg Roman says the Giants "took extreme measures" in stacking the box against the run.

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers Roman: "Extremely loaded boxes. You gotta go to some high school fields to find that loaded of a box."

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers RB Frank Gore when asked if he had seen a a box as stacked a the Giants had: "My whole career" (laughs)

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
Gore: "Not like that, man. It was 10 men in the box. They were coming to stop the run."

WOW Talk about selling out to stop the run.

if all this is true, any above average QB would've had a 400 yard game.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers OC Greg Roman says the Giants "took extreme measures" in stacking the box against the run.

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers Roman: "Extremely loaded boxes. You gotta go to some high school fields to find that loaded of a box."

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
#49ers RB Frank Gore when asked if he had seen a a box as stacked a the Giants had: "My whole career" (laughs)

MBachCSN Mindi Bach
Gore: "Not like that, man. It was 10 men in the box. They were coming to stop the run."

WOW Talk about selling out to stop the run.

if all this is true, any above average QB would've had a 400 yard game.

I don't know. I didn't see Alex passing up wide open deep receivers. It seemed as though he hit all the right guys. Can't throw it if there's no route being ran or the play isn't designed for other routes to get open.
The good thing about this is now we got tape on how to do things better. Next time we see a stacked box its TDs all day.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by verb1der:
still lost, lol

didn't win lol

same s**t, lol
You know what Singletary would have done if he saw 10 in the box? He would have said to the RB and Oline you need to run and block harder and that we will keep running it. That is why I love this current coaching staff. They will play to the weakness of the defense.
Well NFL, now you know that doesn't work. Good luck next week trying to stop the San Francisco 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone