There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New OC and DC Next Year?

What are the chances that we lose our OC or DC after this season? With about a handful of coaches on the hot seat, many teams will be looking for New Head Coaches this coming year. Greg Roman and Vic Fangio might be some top candidates due to the recent success. Could this mean yet another OC for Alex Smith and worse off another playbook for the O and D to learn?

What are your thoughts?
not going to happen
I think after next year is when we will have to worry about this
If those men deserve HC positions then more power to them. As long as we have JH Im convinced he will do everything in his power to form a competent staff.
God I hope not. But if either one were to leave I would say Fangio but he has been around along time and not gotten picked so hopefully he stays more than 1 year.
Originally posted by susweel:
If those men deserve HC positions then more power to them. As long as we have JH Im convinced he will do everything in his power to form a competent staff.

+1. Part of a coach being able to attract good assistants is developing a track record of turning them into HCs anyways. So it's win/win.

I don't know how much credit Greg Roman gets around the league for our offense. I think most people think of it as mostly Harbaugh. And it's not like we're setting scoring records.
Give our DC and OC HC type salaries.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Give our DC and OC HC type salaries.

Extremely oddly, I think this is the first season in years where nobody on our staff is in danger of taking jobs elsewhere. Possibly our most successful season in a decade and we likely keep everyone for the first time in who knows how long. Being in the playoffs will help this though too, as they won't be able to interview immediately after the regular season.
NO!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD NO!!! Im so sick of losing good coordinators when we start playing well! But I just dont see us losing them this year tho.
Not likely:

Roman - He has never been higher than a College Coordinator before this year. He will need to have multiple successful seasons before he gets an offer.

Fangio - He has always been a Defensive Coordinator and hasn't shown interest in Head Coaching.
Originally posted by Karma:
Not likely:

Roman - He has never been higher than a College Coordinator before this year. He will need to have multiple successful seasons before he gets an offer.

Fangio - He has always been a Defensive Coordinator and hasn't shown interest in Head Coaching.

This
Uh................no. This staff should remain intact for at least a couple of years.
Probably wont happen this year. Its hard to find a winner and most want to be associated with a winner so I say coaches will stay and whats really good we will have other FAs that want to come to the Niners for less money just because they are winning.
Roman & Fangio are not going anywhere next year but in 2013 more than likely ....yes .