There are 176 users in the forums

Should the Niners make it a higher priority to sign Rogers and Goldson?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
rogers is 30, i'd give him a 4 yr deal max nothing over 4. goldson has been playing well but im in no way comfortable seeing him get huge money

I agree with all of that. Sign Rogers to around a 4 year deal, and I also feel Goldson is going to slack off after he gets his payday. He's just too stupid and inconsistent to throw money at IMO.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
rogers is 30, i'd give him a 4 yr deal max nothing over 4. goldson has been playing well but im in no way comfortable seeing him get huge money

I agree with all of that. Sign Rogers to around a 4 year deal, and I also feel Goldson is going to slack off after he gets his payday. He's just too stupid and inconsistent to throw money at IMO.
Yeah your probably right about Goldson. It seemed like he only came back for the year because no one gave im the deal he wanted. I think he came back figuring if he played well enough, he could demand a high contract in the offseason. But what I was kind of thinking is if we signed him before the season ended, maybe he would play through it. But yeah if we had to get into a bidding war over him, id say let him walk. He'll be 28 after this season anyway, so he only MAYBE has a good few years left in the tank! When you think about it, the contract we gave him might be best for us! Because I think he will continue to play at his highest level throughout the season, to try to boost his value.
Share 49ersWebzone