There are 206 users in the forums

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is David Akers the best kicker we ever had?

Another theory--

Smith is respected by the leading vets on the team (Willis, Gore, VD) and they were not happy with the whole Manning charade. Harbaugh said what he did to try and appease Smith and keep the team unified behind him, JH. It's easy for a coach to lose a team...just ask Nolan and Singletary. By saying that he would have loved to have both Manning and Smith compete for the job he: a) appeases the vets, b) shows support for Smith and c) tells the league to ef off dissing his team.

Watched Comcastlive, or whatever it's called and they all assumed Harbaugh was lieing...no real evidence, just speculation. I trust Harbaugh to confuse the hell out of the media and make it a cause celeb for the team.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Another theory--

Smith is respected by the leading vets on the team (Willis, Gore, VD) and they were not happy with the whole Manning charade. Harbaugh said what he did to try and appease Smith and keep the team unified behind him, JH. It's easy for a coach to lose a team...just ask Nolan and Singletary. By saying that he would have loved to have both Manning and Smith compete for the job he: a) appeases the vets, b) shows support for Smith and c) tells the league to ef off dissing his team.

Watched Comcastlive, or whatever it's called and they all assumed Harbaugh was lieing...no real evidence, just speculation. I trust Harbaugh to confuse the hell out of the media and make it a cause celeb for the team.

True to me. LOL!! Go Harb entertainment.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
And the Chiefs didn't really want Joe Montana, they just "flirted" with him. They didn't really want him to end their 20 year playoff drought, and take them to two AFC championship games. They didn't REALLY want that, they just liked the idea of it. The fish happened to take the bait, they signed Montana, they said "Meh", and off to the playoffs they went.

It was all that Great talent theyhad in KC.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
And the Chiefs didn't really want Joe Montana, they just "flirted" with him. They didn't really want him to end their 20 year playoff drought, and take them to two AFC championship games. They didn't REALLY want that, they just liked the idea of it. The fish happened to take the bait, they signed Montana, they said "Meh", and off to the playoffs they went.

Montana played in KC...Manning playing in Denver...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Montana played in KC...Manning playing in Denver...

49ers Bronco Superbowl Imagine the highlights.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by WINiner:
You don't even go talk to Manning without expecting to pay him big$$. There is no need to even evaluate him after seeing him piss and moan about a contract prior to a season he didn't even play in due to injury, if you aren't prepared to pay the man.

The team would have let Alex walk without a care knowing the guy they have pinned their future on is learning from one of the best all time, instead of one of the all time disappointments. Jim Harbaugh is not at all honest on this point, he is simply doing what he ALWAYS does, which is what he feels he needs to do to win. His comments are for Alex Smiths benefit only. There is not a shred of truth to it.

At the time Manning hit the free agency, many people (including some in the media) believed that Manning could play for cheap. Some numbers got thrown around that time was $12 million/year. That'd have been easy for teams like the 49ers to be in the hunt. However things got serious pretty quick when the first offer the Broncos came out with was already in the $16+ million/year range.

Never happened. Speculation from fans maybe. From the get go it was known Peyton was looking to extend the monies he signed for in Indy. Link or you are making ish up.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jun 1, 2012 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by fastforward:
You don't even go talk to Manning without expecting to pay him big$$. There is no need to even evaluate him after seeing him piss and moan about a contract prior to a season he didn't even play in due to injury, if you aren't prepared to pay the man.

The team would have let Alex walk without a care knowing the guy they have pinned their future on is learning from one of the best all time, instead of one of the all time disappointments. Jim Harbaugh is not at all honest on this point, he is simply doing what he ALWAYS does, which is what he feels he needs to do to win. His comments are for Alex Smiths benefit only. There is not a shred of truth to it.

At the time Manning hit the free agency, many people (including some in the media) believed that Manning could play for cheap. Some numbers got thrown around that time was $12 million/year. That'd have been easy for teams like the 49ers to be in the hunt. However things got serious pretty quick when the first offer the Broncos came out with was already in the $16+ million/year range.

Never happened. Speculation from fans maybe. From the get go it was known Peyton was looking to extend the monies he signed for in Indy. Link or you are making ish up.

It was reported early on that the number was less. Just google it next time. 2 seconds

LINK
i think the 49ers FO said here you can play for us and have a big performance based contract and have chances at superbowls, or go get all your guarenteed money and no superbowls with broncos/tennesse
At his point it's so "Yesterday's News" and it's over.

The press keeps it alive because that's what they do.
Screw the media! I'm on Harbaugh's side and any true 49er fan wouldnt pick the media over Harbaugh.

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Perhaps THE best reply to this nearly...meaningless thread...

I'd like to know how a factually incorrect reply that has almost nothing in common with the situation the niners had can be considered thus.

No offense, Brian, but I really don't see relevance...and I know you already admitted that you had your history wrong.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Screw the media! I'm on Harbaugh's side and any true 49er fan wouldnt pick the media over Harbaugh.
i love how a few in the media, led by the cohn's, whine about how the coach is difficult to deal with. It is almost like they are trying to get people to feel sorry for them and they are trying to use this as a wedge to drive between the coach and fans. They really think highly of themselves if they believe people will side with them just cuz the coach is not buddy buddy with them.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

I like this guy!

Goes to show, however, that some Hate for Alex Smith is far >>>>>>>>>> Harbaugh and the 49ers.

Just because Harbaugh is making such a big deal out of it, I think he probably sexually harrassed Peyton at this point
It's good that Harbaugh get this Manning thing out of the way to bed. More focus on a SB run for his guys. Talk about it all they want but come Sept. --- Niners start kicking a** for a SB run!
Share 49ersWebzone