Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Talked to a huge GB fan, and here's his take which are used all the time (highlighted parts are what I think highly of):
1. GBs strength is passing, 49ers defensive weakness is stopping the pass.
2. GBs weakness is stopping the pass on defense, but can stop the run. 49ers can run the ball on offense but don't pass well enough to test the GB DBs.
3. GBs 2 and 3 WR are much better than 49ers 2 and 3 CBs, Brown and Culliver.
4. GBs TE can beat Willis or their safeties.
5. 49ers don't have a pass rusher to dominate their O line. Chicago's Peppers could do it but Atlanta's Abraham could not. Both are better than the 49ers pass rushers.
6. You have to score at least 28pts to beat GB, and Rodgers will throw for at least 350 yds.
7. You're going to Lambeau!
I don't buy most of what GB has done on offense. Their offense is unproven until they can do it consistently vs 2 or 3 top 10 defenses.
I'm more worried about their pass defense vs our pass offense.