LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

The Secondary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We've definitely become faster on the backend. Cox is probably the only member of the secondary who doesn't have exceptional speed but we don't need that out the slot.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Watching the Browns/Steelers game on rewind while I scarf down some lunch and I can't help but notice how poorly Justin Gilbert is playing. It just makes me even more proud with who we grabbed and the route we took in this draft!

Yeah, and the guy I wanted in draft hasn't been able to stay on the field - Montcrief.

VERY gald Trent is in charge.

Totally!!!!

Only 1st round CB i've seen look good has been Verrett.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Watching the Browns/Steelers game on rewind while I scarf down some lunch and I can't help but notice how poorly Justin Gilbert is playing. It just makes me even more proud with who we grabbed and the route we took in this draft!

Yeah, and the guy I wanted in draft hasn't been able to stay on the field - Montcrief.

VERY gald Trent is in charge.

Totally!!!!

Only 1st round CB i've seen look good has been Verrett.

Agreed!
Yet we got three guys pretty far along in the draft, bing, bing, bing. And then we got Dontae later. Gotta hand it to baalke
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Defense Statistics 2014 After 5 Games

7th in Passing Yards Per game ( With little to no pass rush )

Like a few of us pointed out during the off season our secondary really developed into a strength of this team.

Side Note

Seattle´s secondary currently ranks 22th in Passing Yards Per Game. "The NFL's decision to emphasize illegal contact and defensive holding will not affect us."
[ Edited by DeUh on Oct 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM ]
The secondary will look even better when Aldo gets on the field and Brock returns.

I'm sure Cox will stay on the filed and the coaches will do some shuffling w/player positions.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
The secondary will look even better when Aldon gets on the field and Brock returns.

I'm sure Cox will stay on the filed and the coaches will do some shuffling w/player positions.

Yes sir.
Ward gets the boot when Brock comes back. Cully, Brock and Cox will lock s**t down even more so once we get Aldon back and an actual pass rush. Hope we can extend both Cully and Cox for team friendly deals since the 49ers stayed loyal to both with the issues
Share 49ersWebzone