There are 167 users in the forums

Bear Pascol, the Giants TE that Baalke drafted and Coach Singlecell cut last year.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love Trent Baalke ability to evaluate small school players like Bear Pascol. He did a great job for the Giants yesterday, catching cluth passes to extend their drives. To bad Singlecell had to cut him and now he is a reliable TE for Giants. I can't wait to see how Kilgore, Person, and Dobbs turn out down the road for the 49ers.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
McClueless drafted him.
Fresno State is a small school?
1. Bear Pascoe
2. I'm pretty sure McClueless drafted him
Yeah, it kinda makes you wonder what other talent other staffs cut would have worked with Harbaugh & Company. Nooo!! Think of a happy place.....
He has 7 catches on the year
Originally posted by valrod33:

You can't replace production like that . . .
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:

You can't replace production like that . . .

Yup you just cant stop the Bear !!!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
... funny how quick you call Coach Singletary "Singlecell" yet you cant spell Bear Pascoe or clutch... he was drafted by Mcloughan, Fresno State is not a small school, and Pascoe only has 167 career total yards

Anyone that CingleCell cut is suspect.

Suspected of being good.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Anyone that CingleCell cut is suspect.

Suspected of being good.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

is that Ray Ratto?
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
McCloughan drafted him. Ballke may have had some input, but it was McCloughan's draft. Pascoe was pretty raw coming out of college. I think it was really Singletary's Tight Ends coach (forget his name) who shot Pascoe down. I remember he was riding the guy hard and critical of him all the time.

Truth be told, Pascoe took about 3 years to develop. I remember watching him last year and he wasn't that good. The Giants invested the time in him (they waived him once and he spent some time on their Practice Squad) and now they're reaping the rewards. Bottom line though, blocking TE's aren't that hard to find and you don't really need to invest three years of development to get one.
Classic thread.
Share 49ersWebzone