There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Jim Harbaugh the best coach in the NFL?

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Teams don't do some of the things we do (play more power) because everyone is geared toward the pass nowadays. We're a minority in the league in terms of some of the things we do... The league moves through stages, and I wouldn't be surprised if passing begins to wane a bit in the coming seasons when teams have more success winning games like we do.

I truly believe the NFL moves in stages. For instance, a few years ago, when big, physical WRs like TO began appearing, teams wanted bigger cornerbacks to contend with them. When teams started moving to more wide-open, spread offenses... the speedier, quicker, though smaller CBs became more in-demand. Nowadays, teams have both types on their team because one week you'll have to deal with Wes Welker, and then another week, you'll have Calvin Johnson.

The same thing will happen. Teams are passing a lot now, but we're showing that "the old ways" of methodical offense with a running game and a strong defense can win you the game.

What I loved about Walsh, and now Harbaugh, is that they buck the trends to use plays, players, and schemes that are uncommon. This gives the team the advantage of being hard to plan for in advance. Walsh teams used light, quick OLinemen, emphasized precise routes over speed at WR, and accurate poised QBs over strong armed gunslingers.

Harbaugh uses beef en masse to give the team more strength in the run game but can still throw with those guys in the game. Teams see Sopoaga in the backfield and think "run" but then he catches a pass. Gives future opponents a moment of pause before they commit. When teams get use to one thing he will, like Walsh, adapt and change just enough to continue driving opponents nuts.

A thinking man's game...finally! Hated Singletary's saying, "We aren't going to try and fool anybody." Geez, that was so misguided!
mercbrownie Daniel Brown

Ronnie Lott on Harbaugh, with SiriusXM NFL Radio: 'This might be the greatest coaching I've ever seen in the history of the game.' #49ers

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/11/17/lott-championing-harbaughs-historic-job/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

wow, that's a huge statement
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM ]
I absolutely love Harbaugh, but I can't call him the best in the league yet. He is definitely ONE of the best, but to be considered "the best" -- he'll have to win a Super Bowl.
superbowl or bust
We're witnessing likely the greatest single season coaching performance of all time.
Originally posted by Youngb:
What's your deal?

Jim won't even look Harbaugh in the eye cause he's a p***y b***h.
Originally posted by Prospector:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Not the best in the league. He needs to make some postseason splashes first. He's a Damn great coach but what seperates him from the others is his coaching staff. He has surrounded himself with football coaches, not just people with names. Every coach on this team has a say
Agree with this.

Belichick has 3 Super Bowl wins, which only Bill Walsh and Joe Gibbs have. Chuck Knoll has the record with 4 wins. So you have to put Belichick among the top four greatest NFL coaches of all time, and he's still active.

I want Harbaugh to stay 10+ years and builds a true lasting New Dynasty and gets 3 or more championships... but let's finish this season first before we talk about "best coach in the NFL."

Take Belichick out of the equation though, and everyone else has only 1 or 0 Super Bowl appearances (except Mike Tomlin, who is 1-1). So getting to 2nd best coach in the NFL is within reach in the next couple of years. :)

Shanahan?
How can Belichick be the best coach in the NFL?!? He hasn't won anything since 2004 and won all 3 Superbowls during the "spygate" era. Many coaches also accused unethical b******t that went on in NE (microphones found in garbage cans, headsets stopped workin' at critical moments, and so on). And, since Pioli left the organization, they haven't had one good draft class, even though they had multiple 1st and 2nd round picks every year.

NE continues to lose in the playoffs because they don't have a running game for many years now. What has Belichick done to improve that? Nothing. The guy is too stubborn for his own good.
YES
Originally posted by Youngb:
What's your deal?

Harbaugh looks like "I will #%$#ing Kill you"

And Shwarts looks like "Ima stand here and make a big show of being a tough guy cause I know you won't hit me...........right?"
NFL Searching For Any Unused Harbaughs

November 17, 2011 |

NEW YORK—After noting the respectable performance of Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and the excellent record of San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh, the National Football League announced Tuesday it is actively seeking any and all Harbaughs currently not in use. "If we could find maybe three or four more Harbaughs, we could replace at least one of the Whisenhunts, Turners, and Sparanos we're making do with now," a statement from the league read in part. "The NFL is prepared to offer a hefty finder's fee to anyone able to locate adult male Harbaughs of decent condition who can speak English and identify a regulation football." NFL sources said the only person to answer the inquiry, an Africa-American male who became agitated when asked to produce proof of his Harbaughness, was almost certainly former Minnesota Vikings coach Denny Green in disguise.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/nfl-searching-for-any-unused-harbaughs,26626/
I'm watching the up coming scroll on the Thursday Night pre-pregame and their about to discuss who the better Harbaugh is.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm watching the up coming scroll on the Thursday Night pre-pregame and their about to discuss who the better Harbaugh is.

I predict the obvious argument will be "John took over a powerhouse playoff team, and Jim brought the 49ers back from the dead."
He'll be coach of the year fo sho.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I predict the obvious argument will be "John took over a powerhouse playoff team, and Jim brought the 49ers back from the dead."

It was a pretty much vacant back-n-forth between Sharpe and Glazer. Sharpe didn't take a position and Glazer argued for both . . . kinda gave more props to Jim.