LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 384 users in the forums

The Bandwagon Grows....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
How do you distinguish a bandwagoner from someone who's new and actually wants to learn about the team?

One in the same.

It's about timing... I became a hardcore fan around 2003-04, so I think I'm clear from bandwagon status... Its the downside of choosing a winning team. All they gotta do though is stick around when times are tough.

I'll admit I'm a semi kings bandwagon fan... I was a huge fan in 2000-06 or so now I just occasionally watch a game and just keep up on the news. Football is my sport lol.
This is why nobody's ever called 'me' bandwagon...

You know you're not bandwagon if you have a jersey from the late 90's through 2000's design. Coincidentally, it's an Alex Smith jersey and it don't fit anymore cause I gained weight, lol.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
He removed the video lol what was it about
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Or have a Rattay Jersey lol God that dude sucked
I sadly bought a Barlow jersey. Does that say something? lol
Originally posted by Axl49:

He and TO did pretty well against the Steelers on Monday Night.
Rattay used to s**t on the Cardinals. Set the completion record of 38 against them in 2004, and in 2007 threw three straight touchdown passes on three consecutive passes.
Originally posted by Axl49:

I still believe he could have been a good QB if kept under Mooch's WCO; didn't have the arm strength, but he was very accurate when he had a good pair of WRs.
You remember Owen Pochman kicking the ball out of bounds in OT during the 2003 season in Arizona to lose the game.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
You remember Owen Pochman kicking the ball out of bounds in OT during the 2003 season in Arizona to lose the game.

lol yup!
Originally posted by richierich:
I sadly bought a Barlow jersey. Does that say something? lol

Same here. I bought it over a Julian Peterson and Andre Carter jersey because I thought he was going to have a breakout year as a starter....

I also somehow have a Darrell Jackson jersey
Originally posted by modninerfan:
It's about timing... I became a hardcore fan around 2003-04, so I think I'm clear from bandwagon status... Its the downside of choosing a winning team. All they gotta do though is stick around when times are tough.

I'll admit I'm a semi kings bandwagon fan... I was a huge fan in 2000-06 or so now I just occasionally watch a game and just keep up on the news. Football is my sport lol.

Fairweather fan
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I f**king hate going on facebook and seeing all these fake fans bragging about the Niners.

The same f**kers who gave me hell when I would talk about the Niners after a loss, saying that they sucked.

I became a fan in 2004, when the team was 2-14...a time when no one would even want to talk about the team. Haven't missed a game since. I know its great to have more fans and more supporters for the team, but its sickening to see them all try to come off as 'true' Niner fans.

True Niner fans know about Chris Weinke starting week 17 vs the Browns in 2007 and the Mike Rumph trade for Taylor Jacobs.

I remember being on vacation in Mexico during that game and they showed it on TV Azteca. I watched that s**t with spanish broadcasters. I remember thinking to myself "damn, this dude really sucks at throwing the ball." I honestly felt like s**t because we had Weinke starting that game, and remembering how before the season we were everyones darling pick to win the NFC west.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

lol yup!

Didn't that guy have permanent limp?
Share 49ersWebzone