There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playoff picture coming into shape

We have a two-game lead for the #2 seed, and the playoffs are rounding into shape. Here are the NFC playoffs seeds if the playoffs happened today:

GB - 8-0
SF - 8-1
NO - 7-3
NYG - 6-3
DET - 6-3
CHI - 6-3

I think the top 4 are set, probably in that order. However, I predict that Chicago finishes with 11 wins based on their weak remaining schedule and I expect Detroit to collapse and miss the playoffs. I expect Dallas to finish with 10 wins and get the 6 seed. So,

1 - GB
2 - SF
3 - NO
4 - NYG
5 - CHI
6 - DAL

If it comes down that way, first round match-ups are DAL @ NO and CHI @ NYG. I would pick the Saints and Bears to win. We would then host the Saints in the Divisional Round and Green Bay hosts Chicago for a third game (50/50 on who wins that). We would get the Saints on wet, long grass and I like our chances. NFC Championship game is either SF@GB or CHI@SF.

Discuss...
kewl
GB dont have to play any elite teams but they do have to play the lions twice the bears and the giants

they can lose to any one of those teams as they are all pass heavy teams and packers seem to struggle against the pass

im willing to bet they lose against the giants or maybe 1 against the lions
I'm going to be watching the Monday night game. Let's all root for the Vikings!!!!
its only November 13th.
just bring it.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
its only November 13th.

Yeah, but those weeks go by so fast from now on. It's crazy.
Go Minnesota tomorrow night!
I dont care who we play. nobody wants to play the niners. i think the pack will lose a few down the stretch. the bears, lions and giants are very capable. they may even lose a surprise game like baltimore tends to do all the time lol. im still confident we can get the 1 seed. unlike them, we are a complete team.
I would love to get a rematch with Dallas, but in that scenario it could only happen if they beat NO & GB, and we meet in the NFC championship. I'm not worried about any of these 1-dimensional, pass happy teams. Our team has the most balance offensively & defensively. Bring It!
We still have couple tough games ahead and lord knows we could blow it vs a division team...

Too much football left...be happy that we're all but locked to make the play-offs.
Minnesota kept it close for most of the game last time.
Maybe this time they can put it away...
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Minnesota kept it close for most of the game last time.
Maybe this time they can put it away...

This. Let's hope.
At yrs end, it always seems like there were some games where we really should have won them,but lost to a ,eg, Rams , AZ or SEA(more likely), if it is going to happen. Those "mail it in" wins are the ones that the coaches have to protect against . That really hurts when you drop one of those.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
At yrs end, it always seems like there were some games where we really should have won them,but lost to a ,eg, Rams , AZ or SEA(more likely), if it is going to happen. Those "mail it in" wins are the ones that the coaches have to protect against . That really hurts when you drop one of those.

Yes. Seattle is a different team at home -- they even beat the Ravens today! I've heard that oddsmakers give Seattle +7 when they're at home -- most teams get +3 for home-field advantage.