There are 173 users in the forums

Go figure....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Prior to game today, I hoped we would win one of the games against the East coast, NYG, Ravens, Steelers. Then the steelers go out and get beat twice by the ravens, and then ravens drop another one, right after beating the Pats. Ravens then go to SEA and get beat by SEA...badly. Eagles who we beat early on go out and get beat 4 in a row, incl loss to Cards today. NYG come in here with 2 game lead over Dallas who punished Bills today, and then we beat NYG, so now NY is only 1 game ahead of Dallas.

After all this we have now won one game against the remaining 3 east coasters, (the most important one) and now we still have the steelers and Ravens. I had hoped for a win against one of these 3, now we just have the ravens and steelers left. We are looking more and more to lock a bye in the playoffs. What would have been the odds of that. True we still have 5 games against the NFC west, but we should do okay if there is no looking ahead. As for the remaining alex complainers, I would imagine they would now have a hard time making their case. This was the game I was worried about. Could alex play eli even? Yup, he sure did, yet he is not a superstar. This, like most other games was a team win, and our Coach Harbaugh outcoached coughlin. When you know your STs are better, your D is better, and your O can play even, plus your coach is better, then by rights, most times, you should win...and that be us...Go Figure.
One other thing, and that is if we got the chance to trade alex for Eli, plus some good players, I would never do that. I like the hand we were dealt....okay, Baalke and Harbaugh put this beauty together, and I like us to now finish season with one more loss....that's it.
  • mod
  • Veteran
There are only 3 games left that concern me

Seahawks in Sea
Ravens in Balt
and Pittsburgh.

not really scared of AZ or STL
Yup, after SEA stuck it on Baltimore, I would agree with that. Balt and Pits. look to be tossups, and SEA now looks to fit that mold also
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Did the worst division in football, the NFC West, really go 4 and 0 today against the vaunted NFC East and AFC North?
Originally posted by Otter:
Did the worst division in football, the NFC West, really go 4 and 0 today against the vaunted NFC East and AFC North?

we own those chumps
Originally posted by Otter:

Yes they did!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
There are only 3 games left that concern me

Seahawks in Sea
Ravens in Balt
and Pittsburgh.

not really scared of AZ or STL

seahawks dont scare me they dont have the offense

and since we play them week 17 theyre crown should be a non factor as we shouldve clinched by then and the hawks shouldnt have more than 6
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I for one would want to try and win every game. We have a chance to get the #1 seed in the conference should GB lose a game or two down the stretch. Would be awesome to play at home during the playoffs.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I for one would want to try and win every game. We have a chance to get the #1 seed in the conference should GB lose a game or two down the stretch. Would be awesome to play at home during the playoffs.

Agreed, I don't want our team going to GB for a playoff game. It's bad enough that we never show up against them, but it would definitely be worse on the road.

Originally posted by Native49erFan:

Agreed, I don't want our team going to GB for a playoff game. It's bad enough that we never show up against them, but it would definitely be worse on the road.

As this season has show, We are not those same teams.
There's only two Offenses that scare me in the NFL right now, Pats and Packs. But what else scares me is our division opponents won't lay down against us. They will be underdogs and that's a good position for them to be in. But the good thing is Harbaugh is a good coach and will keep our team focused against the remaining games opponents no matter if it's Baltimore and Pittsburgh, or STL and AZ. Us fans can say what we want about who is going to be tough or an easy win, as long as our team doesn't know which games are going to be tough or easy.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by Native49erFan:

As this season has show, We are not those same teams.

Really, I'm thinking a down in the dirty lambeau slugfest would be right up our alley!
Our D is vulnerable to a good passing QB. Vick got almost 500 yards of O and Eli completed a lot of passes today. Aaron Rogers worries me! I'd rather play them at Candlestick!
49ers are the team to beat. Heck even the Packers are only marginally scarier than the Giants.
Share 49ersWebzone