There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you now have confidence in Alex Smith to win a playoff game?

Do you now have confidence in Alex Smith to win a playoff game?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i wouldnt exactly call this game a "comeback" but it is what it is

great game by alex

Were we winning going into the 4th? Didn't think so

a but with 14 minutes left in 4th we were in the lead

im not knocking alex or anything

i define a comeback with maybe 8 minutes or less left
Absolutely.
Don't call it a comeback

I've been here for YEARS

LL Cool J

Alex said knock you out

Willis and Bowmann gonna knock you out
Most definatley, lol Alex says that like tens times everytime he's interviewed.
I wanted to vote no because I had confidence already. Good game today. If Ginn doesn't let him down in the second quarter it probably looks even better. Still some work to be done with Braylon too.
I do now.

His play in the first half was outstanding. It was by far the best he's ever played for a sustained period of time. Throws were right on the money, time and again, and he pulled it down and ran when needed as well. His pocket presence was great as well.

He had a bit more trouble in the 2nd half, but remember that without Gore the threat of the run was largely gone. Moreover, he had several drops that hurt his stats, and Ginn's INT robbed him of a statistically perfect game--not too mention us of some much needed points.

The Giants are a pretty good D with a great pass rush. He moved daftly in the pocket and made accurate, decisive throws with the ball. Get some help from his WRs and he's close to 100 yards and at least 2 TDs.

With Alex playing this way, we have a shot to go all the way.
Team game
If you had asked me this question a week ago I would have said maybe, however we played a team many consider a playoff team with an "elite" QB in Manning and Alex did a great job. If Ginn catches the ball like he should have worst case we get a field goal and in the 4th are up 17 not having to stress about a Giant come back.

In many ways Harbaugh is going through the process of putting to rest the "Niners can only win by running" or "Alex is a great game manager" Today Alex with help from the defense went out and won this game. Obviously the Giants believed that Alex could not put the offense on his shoulders and win a game. Alex accepted the challenge and went out and kicked there a**
Team is feeling pretty Super.
Yeah, if our defense plays good and we can run decently. Just like we have all year. Why not?
For the first time in a long time I'm actually anticipating Alex to do something really exciting, instead of holding my breath for him to throw a pick or fumble after getting blindsided.

Also props to the O-Line, who were not perfect, but put up a great fight against a really, really tough NY Giant's D Line.
i do.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Team game

No. It would be a team game if the other half of the offense came to play but it didnt'. Smith was the offense for this game period.
Yes he can win. He's playing good enough to win right now in the playoffs.
yes sir