There are 229 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Worst franchise in sports
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Now that we cleared that up, can we get back to insulting the Yorks Please

Well played, sir.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I just hope we can force a sale at some point and Larry Ellison is still intereste. He'd give this team the type of clout it deserves.

Ellison or almost any other bay area billionaire would likely be an improvement. I've really thought Jed would pick up more than he has. But personality is more difficult to change than is gaining knowledge.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I just hope we can force a sale at some point and Larry Ellison is still intereste. He'd give this team the type of clout it deserves.

Ellison or almost any other bay area billionaire would likely be an improvement. I've really thought Jed would pick up more than he has. But personality is more difficult to change than is gaining knowledge.
Larry Ellison is a tool. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this franchise. Just another rich guy who likes to have things done his way. It would be like having Daniel Snyder as the owner.
I hope city of Santa Clara takes the stadium away from him
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Somewhere Mark Davis is swarming around like a vulture hoping Santa Clara takes control of Levi's away so he can slide the Raiders in.This team is a disaster
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
I hope city of Santa Clara takes the stadium away from him

Then they have no place to play and Santa Clara would fleece them to let them play in that stadium(if they let them at all)
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Larry Ellison is a tool. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this franchise. Just another rich guy who likes to have things done his way. It would be like having Daniel Snyder as the owner.

I'll let him know you feel that way next time we sail together.
This...

My cousin came up from SoCal for a family function last weekend, and we decided to go to the Bucs game at the last minute. We got seats near the 10-yard line in the lower bowl (shaded side) for $67. The overall stadium experience was great in that I got to sit so close to the field and players.

Per this quoted post...the Niners offense was just unwatchable. Horrific. I, too, have been a fan for years...35 years. But the York's are starting to give me a good reason to stop following. Their mismanagement is absolutely atrocious. I wish we could just "fire" them as fans...the only way we can do that is to stop watching and attending.

And we're worse than franchises like the Browns and Jags? Ouch...

Originally posted by barrymartin:
Remember a few weeks or months ago when they were accused of influence peddling with local politicians. These people are obviously less than honorable. The history of how they have dealt with people within the organization confirms all of this. It's impossible not to believe this doesn't trickle down to effect what happens on the field.

All organizations become a reflection of the people who own them, the ones at the very top. As long as the Forty Niners are owned by the Yorks this will not change. It is very, very hard to face this, but it is true. Getting rid of Baalke or Chip won't do it. They will almost certainly attract less than stellar people, who reflect them. We already know that top talent has turned them down for coaching positions. Then there was the mass exodus after Harbaugh was terminated~left. He saw the rottenness at the core of the organization, probably saw that winning wasn't there top priority. Say what you want about JH, he was a very smart human being. The reality is the opposite of what Jed said at the time. It's all about losing with no class.

As hard as it is, the only way this will ever change is if the fans withdraw all support, or if by some miracle the Yorks are indicted for some crime.

I've only watched two halves this year. They are pretty unwatchable. And, when I read stuff like this I find it really hard to support this ownership in anyway. It's been more than 30 years of devotion to this team. It's hard, but the fire is going out for me.
Everyone needs to slow their roll a bit on Santa Clara taking control away from the 49ers at the stadium. I can see it wrapping up shortly with no fallout whatsoever, or I can see it end up involving lots of lawyers that would tie the thing up in courts for years. Either way, those that want to see some of the Defcon 1 scenarios above are unlikely to be satiated any time soon.

Originally posted by captveg:
Everyone needs to slow their roll a bit on Santa Clara taking control away from the 49ers at the stadium. I can see it wrapping up shortly with no fallout whatsoever, or I can see it end up involving lots of lawyers that would tie the thing up in courts for years. Either way, those that want to see some of the Defcon 1 scenarios above are unlikely to be satiated any time soon.

Exactly. Just a bunch of people getting excited about very little. All I have heard so far is just politicians making noise. And with the kind of attornies the Yorks can afford, absolutely nothing is happening in any kind of hurry, even if they did pull a fast one.
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by eastie:
Go listen to a group of cancer patients talk together, You know what they talk about?, Besides their Dr's and insurance? Their family. Jobs and possessions may get mentioned as side notes, but FAMILY is what matters most to each and every one of them. I know because I was in one of those groups and what it all boils down to is Family. They're the ones you want to see and be a part of the most, more than anybody else.

Ooooh. I didn't know Eddie had cancer in the family at that time. Sure, at end of life, family will take front and center, and you must always balance work time with family time. But Eddie was still a young man then.

For my part, I think a famous 19th century writer had it right:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail
away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I've always liked this one too ""Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! Hunter S. Thompson.

My point was simply to say that when you feel death bump up against your shoulder sports and business are nowhere to be found in your mind. Your regrets at that time are more like wanting to hear your childs voice again, etc...

I think we wrap ourselves up a little to tightly in things that in the end really didn't matter. No offense intended.

+1

Coming from a person who lost my brother in 2004 from lymphoma. The comfort of family and familiar faces is all they need... Everything becomes irrelevant but loved ones. Excellent post eastie...
I hope you fail to provide the documentation, we know you are hiding something and get removed from your position by the mayor of Santa Clara tomorrow twerp if not as long as it gets done... and you can take all your minion fanboys and followers too..

Stay up Follower... We know some mods just want to suspend us because we were right all these years and they only care for jeds and Trents jobs... It makes them look desperate, foolish and like Seattle fans. Start packing now..

Jed and Trents job > 49ers winning.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 30, 2016 at 4:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I hope you fail to provide the documentation, we know you are hiding something and get removed from your position by the mayor of Santa Clara tomorrow twerp if not as long as it gets done... and you can take all your minion fanboys and followers too..

Stay up Follower... We know some mods just want to suspend us because we were right all these years and they only care for jeds and Trents jobs... It makes them look desperate, foolish and like Seattle fans. Start packing now..

Jed and Trents job > 49ers winning.

My view is that the Mayor of Santa Clara is an ignorant t**t waffle.

It doesn't natter that I am ready to move on from Baalke, and wish there, was a new owner, which is not happening.

I said last week that this was all just a bunch of crappy politics . We will find out soon though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/30/49ers-fire-back-at-false-and-irresponsible-claims-from-santa-clara-mayor/
[ Edited by mojave45 on Oct 30, 2016 at 8:27 AM ]
Aww York upset people leaking damaging false information to the media. Ironic.
Share 49ersWebzone