LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niner_Faithful_MTL:
There having this segment on 95.7 with Damon Bruce " what would you put on the banner for jed york" someone said "jed this is the closest your gonna get to a banner" I found really funny

Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
My seats are in section 224, and Jed appeared to step out from his suite a few rows back from where I sit. I didn't realize anything at first until I heard loud boos and f*** you York jeers. He stepped back into his suite in a hurry.

Haha.
Its going to get worse.

It feels a smidge better knowing he can't enjoy being an owner and has to dodge shadows.
sucks that people even act like this

It's sort of like on Game of Thrones, when Joffrey went out on the town and instead of the commoners cheering for their new king, they basically tried to kill him and his entire entourage. Jed needs to know better than to "mingle" with fans, many of them intoxicated and all of them pissed at the results of the season. He's seriously lucky no one has tried to walk into that suite before.

Out of the hundreds of sports teams and all of the terrible moves made, when has a fan every walked in on a suite and done anything?

I am not advocating that any one do that. But there have been a few incidents of fans getting violent with each other. People get drunk, people lose their heads all the time. York would be wise to avoid public interaction with fans at a game is all I'm saying and he is delusional if he thought he'd step out of his suite and receive a warm welcome.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Tomsula 2016?

Baalke 2017?

Joan from payroll 2018?
Originally posted by midrdan:
I am not advocating that any one do that. But there have been a few incidents of fans getting violent with each other. People get drunk, people lose their heads all the time. York would be wise to avoid public interaction with fans at a game is all I'm saying and he is delusional if he thought he'd step out of his suite and receive a warm welcome.

Remember Uncle Eddie got arrested for fighting a Packers fan lol
Eddie speaks tonight on channel 2

When asked about the current state of the Niners: My sister and her family really care about the team....They need to get some Football people in there and get back to where they were a couple years ago
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Eddie speaks tonight on channel 2

When asked about the current state of the Niners: My sister and her family really care about the team....They need to get some Football people in there and get back to where they were a couple years ago

As soon as I read the first segment of that statement it reminded me of "I have a lot of black friends, but... "
To be fair, I didn't quote Eddie word for word, but that was the jest......no mention of Jed . Link anybody ?
[ Edited by Viperboy on Dec 1, 2015 at 9:49 PM ]
Purdy had an article today that said the Yorks won't ever sell the franchise. I disagree with him. If it get's bad enough and the stands get empty enough they might.

He did offer some good advice of how to put pressure on them. One I thought that was particularly good was to put pressure on the advertisers at the stadium. Here's a chunk of the transcript.

"What can fans do to send a real message to ownership? Keep in mind the NFL is a business. So think along those lines. Stop spending money on tickets and parking and concessions. Stop watching games on television to keep ratings down. Check out who the corporate sponsors are at the stadium or in the game programs. Then protest to those sponsors or stop buying their products or organize a boycott against them. Remember, Roger Goodell didn't get off the dime with a strong anti-domestic violence policy in 2014 until Budweiser (joining other big sponsors) said it "was not yet satisfied" with Goodell's handling of the issue."

Disagree that the airplane banners won't help. Articles have popped up on the east coast about it. Brilliant way to get the idea how disaffected the fans are into many major markets.
I like the spirit but they're never going to sell the team, especially considering the stadium and how successful it is. I do think that the bad publicity and general discontent of the fans will pressure him into more sound football decisions going forward.
[ Edited by BodhiPaddlesOut on Dec 2, 2015 at 9:10 AM ]

Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
I like the spirit but they're never going to sell the team, especially considering the stadium and how successful it is. I do think theveryone bad publicity and general discontent of the fans will pressure him into more sound football decisions going forward.

Pretty much this. It's nice they're being embarrassed. But that will not lead to a sale. US sane ones are only hoping it leads to some real change in terms of front office structure. At this point even I am skeptical that takes place.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
damn cheerleaders
Here is another article from Kawakami

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_29184849/kawakami-what-bad-49ers-decisions-will-yorks-make

Kawakami: What bad 49ers decisions will the Yorks make next?By Tim Kawakami

Mercury News Columnist

POSTED: 11/30/2015 05:32:03 PM PST86 COMMENTS
UPDATED: 12/01/2015 05:26:50 AM PST

MORE TIM KAWAKAMI COLUMNS
Kawakami: What bad 49ers decisions will the Yorks make next?Kawakami: 49ers are stuck in Mike Singletary modeKawakami: 49ers got it all wrong last winterKawakami: Warriors make easy work of Lakers on the way to historic 16-0 startKawakami: 49ers unwilling to take risks on or off the field

Tim Kawakami's Talking Points blog

It always starts at the top, and the top members of the 49ers executive branch probably would like some peace and quiet right about now.

No more planes flying protest banners over Levi's Stadium. No heckling from the stands.

No complaints about the team's 3-8 record -- and 4-12 mark in its last 16 games.

Would everybody please leave the 49ers executives alone so they can calmly figure out how they'll screw up next season, too?

CEO Jed York and team president Paraag Marathe don't want a fan revolt -- but they also don't want another coaching search, and they sure don't want to start wondering if they need a new general manager.

Jed York, 49ers CEO, speaks during a March press conference at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. (Gary Reyes/Bay Area News Group archive) (Gary Reyes)

Big moves and real activity can get complicated. Good candidates might turn you down. You actually might have to talk to outsiders -- oh no!

And you have to be ready to spend money.

I guarantee, the 49ers' top executives don't like even thinking about uncomfortable things like that.

(Obviously, John and Denise DeBartolo York -- the true owners -- should think about cleaning house. Including moving aside their son and hiring a real football executive to take over.

(But the Yorks don't do things like that. Which is why they almost always lose.)

Now, of course, the Yorks might have to fire their hand-picked coach, Jim Tomsula, at the end of the season.

They don't want to, but they might have little choice.

Advertisement

If the 49ers aren't competitive down the stretch -- if they can't win a few more games to get to at least a feisty 5-11 or maybe a palatable 6-10 -- then even this cautious ownership family might have to contemplate major moves or risk a total meltdown of the Faithful.

The Yorks don't have many worries, but a full-scale defaulting on the Levi's Stadium personal-seat license payment plans ... would be a big one.

MORE 49ERS NEWS
Purdy: York/DeBartolo family will not sell 49ersCrew that worked 49ers game moved from Sunday's prime time slotKawakami: What bad 49ers decisions will the Yorks make next?Candlestick Park's patron saint to go into storage for now49ers' Draughn making most of his opportunity

49ers Hot Read blog49ers news on Facebook

The Stadium Authority can sue individual defaulters, but if there are too many of them, the 49ers will look even sillier and angrier than normal ... and those PSL payments go directly into the stadium debt payment.

So they might have to sacrifice Tomsula if things don't get better very soon.

How do the 49ers avoid that? By managing a few victories in the last five weeks of the season and telling the world that Tomsula has eliminated the problems and that it'll be all fixed for 2016.

Not many fans will buy all that but probably enough of them to give the Yorks just enough breathing room, at least for one more year, if the Yorks can sell a storyline.

OK, they already have used Colin Kaepernick as a scapegoat for this season, but he's out now.

The next possible fall guys would have to be Tomsula and offensive coordinator Geep Chryst.

But if the 49ers fire Tomsula, is general manager Trent Baalke really the right guy to attract and pick a new coach? He's not.

That's where it gets really tricky for the Yorks and Marathe, because they're comfortable with Baalke. He fits this team's dour, insular nature. They don't want to try to find another G.M.

The Yorks have a lot invested in Baalke and Tomsula -- a lot of silly, messy, self-destructive stuff, but for the Yorks, that stuff is who they are.

It's what defines them far more than any actual quest for a Super Bowl title. They just want to be left alone to count their Levi's money.

So if Tomsula can carve out two more victories over the final five games, and avoid blowout losses, and if Blaine Gabbert continues to look solid along the way, 49ers management probably will be breathing a huge sigh of relief in early January.

They're bad but actually not terrible! Celebrations all around!

There would still have to be offseason changes, of course.

I would presume Chryst is on extremely shaky ground and that the Yorks and Baalke might instruct Tomsula to pick out a new offensive coordinator from the discard bin -- somebody such as Cam Cameron, Pep Hamilton, Bill Lazor or a possible promotion of current tight ends coach Tony Sparano.

Then the 49ers could use their first-round pick on a quarterback such as Cal's Jared Goff, and there's your new face of the franchise.

Actually, it would be much more Baalke's style if he passed on a QB with his first pick in favor of an offensive lineman or defensive back.

Then Baalke could draft a QB in the second or third round, install Gabbert as the incumbent into the start of the season and get ready for a wonderfully woeful 2016!

Jed York famously said they don't care about division titles or NFC titles, they care only about Super Bowl titles.

But I have a feeling he'd consider 6-10 this season -- and keeping Tomsula and Baalke intact -- the York version of a Super Bowl title.

If you just give the Yorks some time to plan it out, they hardly ever fail at failing.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Here is another article from Kawakami

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_29184849/kawakami-what-bad-49ers-decisions-will-yorks-make

Kawakami: What bad 49ers decisions will the Yorks make next?By Tim Kawakami

Mercury News Columnist

POSTED: 11/30/2015 05:32:03 PM PST86 COMMENTS
UPDATED: 12/01/2015 05:26:50 AM PST

MORE TIM KAWAKAMI COLUMNS
Kawakami: What bad 49ers decisions will the Yorks make next?Kawakami: 49ers are stuck in Mike Singletary modeKawakami: 49ers got it all wrong last winterKawakami: Warriors make easy work of Lakers on the way to historic 16-0 startKawakami: 49ers unwilling to take risks on or off the field

Tim Kawakami's Talking Points blog

It always starts at the top, and the top members of the 49ers executive branch probably would like some peace and quiet right about now.

No more planes flying protest banners over Levi's Stadium. No heckling from the stands.

No complaints about the team's 3-8 record -- and 4-12 mark in its last 16 games.

Would everybody please leave the 49ers executives alone so they can calmly figure out how they'll screw up next season, too?

CEO Jed York and team president Paraag Marathe don't want a fan revolt -- but they also don't want another coaching search, and they sure don't want to start wondering if they need a new general manager.

Jed York, 49ers CEO, speaks during a March press conference at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. (Gary Reyes/Bay Area News Group archive) (Gary Reyes)

Big moves and real activity can get complicated. Good candidates might turn you down. You actually might have to talk to outsiders -- oh no!

And you have to be ready to spend money.

I guarantee, the 49ers' top executives don't like even thinking about uncomfortable things like that.

(Obviously, John and Denise DeBartolo York -- the true owners -- should think about cleaning house. Including moving aside their son and hiring a real football executive to take over.

(But the Yorks don't do things like that. Which is why they almost always lose.)

Now, of course, the Yorks might have to fire their hand-picked coach, Jim Tomsula, at the end of the season.

They don't want to, but they might have little choice.

Advertisement

If the 49ers aren't competitive down the stretch -- if they can't win a few more games to get to at least a feisty 5-11 or maybe a palatable 6-10 -- then even this cautious ownership family might have to contemplate major moves or risk a total meltdown of the Faithful.

The Yorks don't have many worries, but a full-scale defaulting on the Levi's Stadium personal-seat license payment plans ... would be a big one.

MORE 49ERS NEWS
Purdy: York/DeBartolo family will not sell 49ersCrew that worked 49ers game moved from Sunday's prime time slotKawakami: What bad 49ers decisions will the Yorks make next?Candlestick Park's patron saint to go into storage for now49ers' Draughn making most of his opportunity

49ers Hot Read blog49ers news on Facebook

The Stadium Authority can sue individual defaulters, but if there are too many of them, the 49ers will look even sillier and angrier than normal ... and those PSL payments go directly into the stadium debt payment.

So they might have to sacrifice Tomsula if things don't get better very soon.

How do the 49ers avoid that? By managing a few victories in the last five weeks of the season and telling the world that Tomsula has eliminated the problems and that it'll be all fixed for 2016.

Not many fans will buy all that but probably enough of them to give the Yorks just enough breathing room, at least for one more year, if the Yorks can sell a storyline.

OK, they already have used Colin Kaepernick as a scapegoat for this season, but he's out now.

The next possible fall guys would have to be Tomsula and offensive coordinator Geep Chryst.

But if the 49ers fire Tomsula, is general manager Trent Baalke really the right guy to attract and pick a new coach? He's not.

That's where it gets really tricky for the Yorks and Marathe, because they're comfortable with Baalke. He fits this team's dour, insular nature. They don't want to try to find another G.M.

The Yorks have a lot invested in Baalke and Tomsula -- a lot of silly, messy, self-destructive stuff, but for the Yorks, that stuff is who they are.

It's what defines them far more than any actual quest for a Super Bowl title. They just want to be left alone to count their Levi's money.

So if Tomsula can carve out two more victories over the final five games, and avoid blowout losses, and if Blaine Gabbert continues to look solid along the way, 49ers management probably will be breathing a huge sigh of relief in early January.

They're bad but actually not terrible! Celebrations all around!

There would still have to be offseason changes, of course.

I would presume Chryst is on extremely shaky ground and that the Yorks and Baalke might instruct Tomsula to pick out a new offensive coordinator from the discard bin -- somebody such as Cam Cameron, Pep Hamilton, Bill Lazor or a possible promotion of current tight ends coach Tony Sparano.

Then the 49ers could use their first-round pick on a quarterback such as Cal's Jared Goff, and there's your new face of the franchise.

Actually, it would be much more Baalke's style if he passed on a QB with his first pick in favor of an offensive lineman or defensive back.

Then Baalke could draft a QB in the second or third round, install Gabbert as the incumbent into the start of the season and get ready for a wonderfully woeful 2016!

Jed York famously said they don't care about division titles or NFC titles, they care only about Super Bowl titles.

But I have a feeling he'd consider 6-10 this season -- and keeping Tomsula and Baalke intact -- the York version of a Super Bowl title.

If you just give the Yorks some time to plan it out, they hardly ever fail at failing.

No wonder people call us whiners when you read crap like this
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
This article expresses my position better than I can:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/jed-created-debacle-that-he-cant-fix/
Share 49ersWebzone