There are 259 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys are taking this whole Class thing way too seriously, lol

Can you find something else to get mad about ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You guys are taking this whole Class thing way too seriously, lol

Can you find something else to get mad about ?

no because it fits in with we suck, we are the laughing stock of the nfl,, no one wants to come here, everyone wants to leave
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Ann Killion @annkillion · 45m45 minutes ago

York on Harbaugh calling BS on "mutual parting."JY said "I feel sorry that's how he feels. I have a signed agreement that says otherwise."

Hahah dumb jed.

Standard employment severance agreements always state it was mutual to avoid liability to either side.

Like JH said, they told him they didn't want him after the SEA game so he wasn't going to stick around a place he was not wanted by the FO.

Thats not actually mutual jeddie boy, no matter what the contract your dads boys drew up for him. Its just easier to leave a rocky relationship this way. Otherwise the divorce could get ugly, legally.

And you know what rips kids apart in a divorce faster than anything (justified or not)? Putting your kids in the middle of it. Looks like you chose dad's side here and hate mom b/c of it despite the fact that mom was justified in doing it and that you were ordered to live FT with mom.

Mama Jed is a low class owner. I wish she would put up her kids for adoption.

Yeah but dad didn't put out and was starting to look elsewhere and there were rumors that he may have even cheated on her. LOL

Dad's such a pimp! I'd do the same if i was married to a useless gossipy b***h.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM ]
Really ?

C'mon dude
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I actually agree with what you said, that the owner SHOULD keep his nose out of it, and I have no problem with teams giving players second and sometimes third chances...but on the heels of all that happened since Dec. 29 and York's mantra of "win with class", when one of the first players you sign is Jerome "2 Pounds Of Weed" Simpson it's going to raise eyebrows. Again, I personally have no problem with it...I'm sure he'll be on a very short leash.

Nah, I understand that completely! I think the "win with class" was just taken out of context and used as fuel for the haters b/c we parted with Harbaugh and not close to what Jed was referring too once a player or coach becomes a Niner. I'm sure Jed would like to take that comment back now given how his words are getting twisted (esp. by TK).
Really ?

C'mon dude

Oh boy. LOL!
I heard baalke is meeting with aaron hernandez next week to discuss bail and see if he can be ready for the 2075 season.

If York/Baalke/Tomsula start looking at murderers and thugs, I'll be on board with you. But I don't automatically think hiring a guy who has had a couple of pot problems and a DUI isn't a classy move. It may be a very classy move depending on the player. We don't really know these guys. We don't know what they're saying in interviews or how Baalke is vetting them.

And if York doesn't really know what's going on with that, if it's all Baalke and Tomsula's thing, I think that's a good sign. Get out of the way, young clueless billionaire and let the pros do what they do best - build a roster.
Really ?

C'mon dude

Oh boy. LOL!

Lol dude we're joshing around man.

Lighten up guys.
Originally posted by crake49:
I'd just like to point out two things:

1. Ann Killion is a professional troll. Please don't even try to argue that she isn't. She's noticed that trolling Niner fans produces clicks. It's worked for the Cohens, Kawakami and Florio - she's on the troll circuit now.

2. "Winning with class" doesn't necessarily mean never hiring someone who has had a pot problem or a DUI. Maybe in some cases, the classy thing to do is to give a guy a second chance if you think he actually has good character but has made some mistakes.

You mean third chance. He's been arrested twice - once for drug trafficking and once for DWI.

York's latest statements are just more evidence that the guy is a buffoon. Sure guys deserve second chances or even third chances, but you don't come out on national t.v. and say that you're No. 1 priority is not only winning but winning with class and then two months later sign a guy convicted of drug trafficking and cop out saying you have no idea what's going on. You're the owner - you should know what players you're signing and you have ultimate authority when it comes to this given that you write the checks. If your edict is to win with class you should probably be tipped off by the GM before he signs a guy that will at the very least raise a media storm about your apparent hypocrisy. And when asked about said decision, you should probably not throw your GM under the bus by implying that he went rogue in signing a guy whose history seems to conflict with your very public edict about class.
Really ?

C'mon dude

Oh boy. LOL!

Lighten up guys.

Originally posted by midrdan:
You mean third chance. He's been arrested twice - once for drug trafficking and once for DWI.

York's latest statements are just more evidence that the guy is a buffoon. Sure guys deserve second chances or even third chances, but you don't come out on national t.v. and say that you're No. 1 priority is not only winning but winning with class and then two months later sign a guy convicted of drug trafficking and cop out saying you have no idea what's going on. You're the owner - you should know what players you're signing and you have ultimate authority when it comes to this given that you write the checks. If your edict is to win with class you should probably be tipped off by the GM before he signs a guy that will at the very least raise a media storm about your apparent hypocrisy. And when asked about said decision, you should probably not throw your GM under the bus by implying that he went rogue in signing a guy whose history seems to conflict with your very public edict about class.

Maybe what he meant by winning with class was not throwing tantrums on the sidelines.

But from your post, I gather you would rather Jed York was getting involved in personnel decisions rather than leaving it to Baalke and Tomsula. I'm surprised you want York to be so involved in that process, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. Personally, I'm glad York is out of it.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran

1. Ann Killion is a professional troll. Please don't even try to argue that she isn't. She's noticed that trolling Niner fans produces clicks. It's worked for the Cohens, Kawakami and Florio - she's on the troll circuit now.

2. "Winning with class" doesn't necessarily mean never hiring someone who has had a pot problem or a DUI. Maybe in some cases, the classy thing to do is to give a guy a second chance if you think he actually has good character but has made some mistakes.

How is what JY said an example of him being a buffoon? "Winning with class" is a subjective term. Just because your's or anyone else's definition might be different than JY's doesn't make him a buffoon.
Really ?

C'mon dude

Oh boy. LOL!

Lighten up guys.

No. The serious will continue.

Maybe what he meant by winning with class was not throwing tantrums on the sidelines.

But from your post, I gather you would rather Jed York was getting involved in personnel decisions rather than leaving it to Baalke and Tomsula. I'm surprised you want York to be so involved in that process, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. Personally, I'm glad York is out of it.
I believe that had everything to do with what Jed Said it was directed at JH and his little spoiled brat tantrums he threw all game long. I can say I have never seen anything like the ones he threw. I know coaches go ape s**t but JH's always looked like a little kid not getting their way.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Mar 6, 2015 at 10:29 AM ]

I disagree (which is rare with your posts!). An owners job is to secure stadiums (BTW, you should hear the sh!t storm down here in San Diego about the Stadium and how the league is trying to emulate our Santa Clara model in Minnesota and Atlanta, not just San Diego and L.A.), Superbowls, events, public affairs (traffic, better experience for the fans, etc.), politics, involved in the GM/FO staff hirings, head coach hiring process (only), carrying on tradition, adapting as needed and signing off on checks. He also HAS to be involved (not that he WANTS to be) when it's time to make a change or when there is too much public scrutiny in the media where it is affecting the team mantra. Giving Jerome Simpson, a personnel move made by Tom/Baalke, will NOT affect or even challenge that image. Now, if we brought in Greg Hardy, then yes. But even then, those are personnel moves and you trust and hired a FO personnel staff to oversee those decisions.

Winning with class and us being known as the class of ALL sports took years to build up but even during that long tenure, we had some epic screw-ups with bonefide personality and steroid-induced psychosis d/o's (i.e. Haley to Romanowski).

So let's not put a try-out of a player BAALKE chose on Jed and turn this into a blemish on his "overall image" that he wants us to get back to the old Niner tradition which was "winning with class."

If Jerome does make the team, kills someone in a DUI, then yeah, that will tarnish and more than challenge that mantra esp, if the FO sits by and does nothing about it...cough, McDonald, cough.
Share 49ersWebzone