There are 192 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I think Jed York deserves some credit with what just came out of Buffalo today. Greg Roman will basically have duties of a "run game coordinator" while the QB coach and WR coach will be in charge of the passing game.

I respect Jim Harbaugh for his loyalty, but the fact of the matter is he didn't want to make any staffing changes at the request of his superiors. With Chris Palmer, Greg Roman, Geep Chryst, Mike Solari, Eric Mangini, John Morton and Jim Harbaugh - that's over 200 years of football experience between them all. And they couldn't field a NFL caliber passing attack with Vernon Davis, Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, Stevie Johnson, etc...

Now all the leaks and stuff from the 49ers camp was completely idiotic when the Broncos dealt with a similar dynamic without leaking it all over the media.

But the fact of the matter is that this news from Buffalo helps validate Jed York's philosophical concerns with the direction of the offense.

Rip me all you want Niner Talk. But that's the truth.
1. I don't know how you know if any of this is true...

2. For the sake of argument, if it was true... Why would Harbaugh fire his OC and his friend Roman when he knew that he was getting the ax at the end of the season and therefore Roman and many others would probably get the ax as well. Your'e saying that Harbaugh could have fired Roman to help the offense and that might have helped him, but it seems Harbs was getting fired regardless of what happened. Because again, the Browns trade rumor started in the offseason after we lost the NFC championship and then the Harbs is done rumors. Jim could easily see that they were going to get rid of him. So why would you then listen to Jed or Baalke about firing anyone on your staff. They don't have your best interest and they are under-cutting you.

If you assume that Harbs wasnt asked to fire Roman after the NFCCG loss. I believe he was (remember all the Kap on the verge talk early). I believe it became apparent REAL quick the offense would remain deficient hence the start of the rumors...
If Harbs was asked after the NFCC game to fire Roman then good call by the FO. If Harbs said no, then they could fire him or Roman on the spot. It doesn't need to be Harbs to fire Roman? and then Harbs could choose to step down or look for another job. I don't think Harbs was as loyal to Roman as everyone makes him out to be. He didn't take him to Michigan?? Even if all that were true, I feel like the front Office wasted our season with letting the rumors out early about Harbs. Could have done it like Denver did with Fox. Instead the players got drug through it and it seems like there was some beef between Tomsula and some of the other coaches because of it.

I just believe that Harbs wasn't going to fire his original guys when he knew that the crap was going to hit the fan.

I also hope that coaches and players are allowed to have different opinions and philosophies beyond Trent and Jed. Harbs sounded like he wanted to be here but management was tired of him and his ideas. Could be all show though...
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
since when do rich folk name their kid jed?
  • rrx1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:

Jed named himself Jed. His name is John Edward York.
Originally posted by rrx1:

lol f**king guy glossed himself with his own nickname
Originally posted by crabman82:

should have been JEAD
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

should have been JEAD

lol

"My name is John, but my friends call me Jed"
"Who calls you that? You don't have any friends! Quit goofing and go polish the silver!"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

"My name is John, but my friends call me Jed"
"Who calls you that? You don't have any friends! Quit goofing and go polish the silver!"

The cast of Beverly Hillbillies (imaginary friends)
Ha Ha
He named himself Jed in honor of Jed Clampett.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire, Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there" Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"

So uncle lost the 49ers and they ended up with he
Let's hope he doesn't reproduce, and in 50 years we will be out of this mess

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Let's hope he doesn't reproduce, and in 50 years we will be out of this mess

Too late.
Anyone who thinks that the firing of our coaching staff is not about money and The York ego is fooling themselves. This is not about "philisophical differences" unless it's the Yorks like losing and Harbs likes winning.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Jed is a joke.
Originally posted by pd24:
Jed is a joke.

I'm pretty much in the camp that all of the Yorks are jokes. His father was certainly no less of a joke.
"This is not a rebuild....This is a reload".

They have downgraded at every coaching position besides tight end. So that is how they are "Reloading"?
Share 49ersWebzone