LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I don't understand the animosity toward York. He brought Harbaugh here in the first place. He's also seen, like many of us, the product that has been trotted out the last four years.

In the entire tenure of Harbaugh, the offense has been mediocre at it's absolute best, and the defense has been stellar. It's well known that Harbaugh has largely left the defense to Fangio. So the offense was Harbaugh's baby. It is what he was going to hang his hat on. Despite the offense having it's best personnel in years it did nothing to improve. It also displayed the exact same issues with the playclock that has been present for the last four years. And let's not forget a pretty abysmal challenge record.

If I'm the owner, that raises a red flag for me. Fangio has handled the defense just fine. Harbaugh has failed to improve the offense. The team has won because of a dominating defense, not the other way around.

York cannot make the offense play better. York cannot make the coach better. What York can do, is hold a coach accountable for what he was hired to do. Harbaugh was brought in to improve the offense. He's been marginally successful at that at best. Fangio is the guy who launched this defense to the heights it has achieved.

On a personnel level, I have a feeling Harbaugh simply ran his course. He's all fire and brimstone and I imagine that wears thin on a group of veterans after a few seasons. He's intense almost to a fault. It works well to motivate a group of players who haven't experienced success, but becomes grating once success has been achieved.

I look forward to the next York hire and hope it is a coach who can truly open up the offense and showcase the talent on this team. If it all craters and the Niners become the cesspit of the NFL, feel free to flame on. Until then, let's keep the faith in a guy who brought Harbaugh here in the first place.

Terrific post!

Bottom line: If Harbaugh did he job, we wouldn't be here. Period. And NO, that does not mean winning a Superbowl...(lots of luck there too)...but his JOB was to develop a competent offense. And he couldn't do it. He got worse every year.

Agreed, great post. And I will do just what is mentioned in the last sentence: Keep the faith.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Rumor has it, JeRaag got a (wet) thing going behind closed doors...

I'm not the one saying it.... I'm just sayin

lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
We were a terrible, terrible franchise for 8 long years. We won only 47 games in EIGHT seasons under Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary.

Jim Harbaugh shows up and pulls us out of the pit. We were hopeless for almost a decade. The playoffs seemed like an unreachable goal. Harbaugh only coaches the team for 4 years, and wins 49 career games altogether, with 3 NFC title game appearances, and 1 near SB victory.

Think about that. Harbaugh won 49 games in 4 seasons. Erickson/Nolan/Singletary won just 47 in double the amount of time.

Larry Krueger just brought up a great point on KNBR. Walsh and DeBartolo had John McVay and Carmen Policy to referee the arguments. When Tom Gamble left for Philly, the Niners lost a well respected veteran exec. that both Baalke and Harbaugh liked. They lost the guy that would keep things cool between 2 strong personalities. Its very unfortunate.

Jed York made the mistake of choosing a side. Early on in the feud he took Baalkes side, stating that he would choose his GM over his coach if it came down to it. When you make your championship quality coach a lowball offer and piss him off, this is what happens. Again 49ers ownership got too cocky with their "culture", and basically demanded a SB title if the coach wanted to be well paid. Its total BS. None of the York's have ever won a title. The Eddie D Niners are a standard that cannot be replicated, and certainly shouldn't be claimed by any York.

At this point, Jed York has proven to me that he is not the owner and leader this team needs. I will resume my position of hoping they will sell the team to a competent owner. The York's run this team blind. Theyre so caught up in bragging about a history they have nothing to do with, that they cant figure out how to run the team in the present. The York standard is failure. He was lobbed a franchise coach, and he screwed it up.

It doesnt really matter who they hire now. Even if its successful, because I will never again trust this ownership to make smart choices about the future. You cant get any more lucky with a coaching hire like Harbaugh, yet it fell apart. Winning was not the priority. It just shows that the next man up, great or not, could just as easily be screwed up too. If Jim Harbaugh loses his job, no coach is safe here.

The York's wouldnt know a good thing if it hit them upside the head.

OK, so on record, you'd pay Jim Harbaugh 5 years, $38-40M today? And on what conditions?
BUT, but, but, we couldn't get the snap off in time in the 4th quarter of the last game of his 4th season. It was some thing we "need to fix" and it never got done. We accomplished what we did over the last three seasons because of the defense and in spite of the offense. The best thing Harbaugh did was bring Fangio with him.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
BUT, but, but, we couldn't get the snap off in time in the 4th quarter of the last game of his 4th season. It was some thing we "need to fix" and it never got done. We accomplished what we did over the last three seasons because of the defense and in spite of the offense. The best thing Harbaugh did was bring Fangio with him.

Probably.
I hope I'm still alive when this beautiful franchise is yanked from the wretched claws of the Family York. As a boxing fan I have to deal every year with the wretched WBC an as a Niner fan I have to live with the Yorks. Some day before I'm gone this proud franchise will be handed over someone great an we will again be playing in San Fran , not in bizzaro world SC
I'm by no means a "York lover" but am I missing something? I was under the impression Harbaugh wanted to leave as well.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I'm by no means a "York lover" but am I missing something? I was under the impression Harbaugh wanted to leave as well.

He did. It was a mutual parting.

He wanted to leave Bc he didn't get to spend enough time with Jed.

Jed is better tan mark Cuban
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Agreed, great post. And I will do just what is mentioned in the last sentence: Keep the faith.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I don't understand the animosity toward York. He brought Harbaugh here in the first place. He's also seen, like many of us, the product that has been trotted out the last four years.

In the entire tenure of Harbaugh, the offense has been mediocre at it's absolute best, and the defense has been stellar. It's well known that Harbaugh has largely left the defense to Fangio. So the offense was Harbaugh's baby. It is what he was going to hang his hat on. Despite the offense having it's best personnel in years it did nothing to improve. It also displayed the exact same issues with the playclock that has been present for the last four years. And let's not forget a pretty abysmal challenge record.

If I'm the owner, that raises a red flag for me. Fangio has handled the defense just fine. Harbaugh has failed to improve the offense. The team has won because of a dominating defense, not the other way around.

York cannot make the offense play better. York cannot make the coach better. What York can do, is hold a coach accountable for what he was hired to do. Harbaugh was brought in to improve the offense. He's been marginally successful at that at best. Fangio is the guy who launched this defense to the heights it has achieved.

On a personnel level, I have a feeling Harbaugh simply ran his course. He's all fire and brimstone and I imagine that wears thin on a group of veterans after a few seasons. He's intense almost to a fault. It works well to motivate a group of players who haven't experienced success, but becomes grating once success has been achieved.

I look forward to the next York hire and hope it is a coach who can truly open up the offense and showcase the talent on this team. If it all craters and the Niners become the cesspit of the NFL, feel free to flame on. Until then, let's keep the faith in a guy who brought Harbaugh here in the first place.

Terrific post!

Bottom line: If Harbaugh did he job, we wouldn't be here. Period. And NO, that does not mean winning a Superbowl...(lots of luck there too)...but his JOB was to develop a competent offense. And he couldn't do it. He got worse every year.

This logic is goofy on so many levels. Any coach you hire, will most likely have a strength on one side of the ball therefore creating a disparity on the other side. When Alex was here the offense was astronomically more efficient despite the lack of sufficient targets. Who knows whether the Kaep move was Harbaugh's move or Baakle ( behind closed doors)? You simply don't agree to release a coach with this resume who also turned a 6-7 win team in prior years to a 3 NFC Championship and a SB appearance team because they had down year full of injuries and a VERY limited QB. Just immature, reactionary, and egotistical move by the FO and ownership. SMDH!

i dont think it came down to money. This has been brewing for at least 2 years. There was a disconnect along the way that was never righted. Jed deserves blame, harbaugh deserves blame, baalke deserves blame.

f**k

Every report coming out indicates that Harbaugh was frustrated because he wanted full control of everything, and it had more to do with lacking that control, which he'll obviously have at Michigan, than any dollar figure.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i dont think it came down to money. This has been brewing for at least 2 years. There was a disconnect along the way that was never righted. Jed deserves blame, harbaugh deserves blame, baalke deserves blame.

f**k

Correct but Jed is looking like the chargers owner by picking baalke which I think will be fired if they don't win next year
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
This logic is goofy on so many levels. Any coach you hire, will most likely have a strength on one side of the ball therefore creating a disparity on the other side. When Alex was here the offense was astronomically more efficient despite the lack of sufficient targets. Who knows whether the Kaep move was Harbaugh's move or Baakle ( behind closed doors)? You simply don't agree to release a coach with this resume who also turned a 6-7 win team in prior years to a 3 NFC Championship and a SB appearance team because they had down year full of injuries and a VERY limited QB. Just immature, reactionary, and egotistical move by the FO and ownership. SMDH!

Who chose that "VERY limited QB" as the guy?

Hint: not Jed York
Originally posted by genus49:
Who chose that "VERY limited QB" as the guy?

Hint: not Jed York

Proof that he chose to draft him solely and start him over Alex?
Share 49ersWebzone