LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by daragon:
Thank you for making the hard decision Jed. Hopefully the next chapter plays out better for the 49ers.

He made the decision Harbaugh couldn't make with Roman.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I don't understand the animosity toward York. He brought Harbaugh here in the first place. He's also seen, like many of us, the product that has been trotted out the last four years.

In the entire tenure of Harbaugh, the offense has been mediocre at it's absolute best, and the defense has been stellar. It's well known that Harbaugh has largely left the defense to Fangio. So the offense was Harbaugh's baby. It is what he was going to hang his hat on. Despite the offense having it's best personnel in years it did nothing to improve. It also displayed the exact same issues with the playclock that has been present for the last four years. And let's not forget a pretty abysmal challenge record.

If I'm the owner, that raises a red flag for me. Fangio has handled the defense just fine. Harbaugh has failed to improve the offense. The team has won because of a dominating defense, not the other way around.

York cannot make the offense play better. York cannot make the coach better. What York can do, is hold a coach accountable for what he was hired to do. Harbaugh was brought in to improve the offense. He's been marginally successful at that at best. Fangio is the guy who launched this defense to the heights it has achieved.

On a personnel level, I have a feeling Harbaugh simply ran his course. He's all fire and brimstone and I imagine that wears thin on a group of veterans after a few seasons. He's intense almost to a fault. It works well to motivate a group of players who haven't experienced success, but becomes grating once success has been achieved.

I look forward to the next York hire and hope it is a coach who can truly open up the offense and showcase the talent on this team. If it all craters and the Niners become the cesspit of the NFL, feel free to flame on. Until then, let's keep the faith in a guy who brought Harbaugh here in the first place.

Terrific post!

Bottom line: If Harbaugh did he job, we wouldn't be here. Period. And NO, that does not mean winning a Superbowl...(lots of luck there too)...but his JOB was to develop a competent offense. And he couldn't do it. He got worse every year.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 28, 2014 at 6:24 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Rumor has it, JeRaag got a (wet) thing going behind closed doors...

I'm not the one saying it.... I'm just sayin
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Fck Jed York! All this SOB cares about is his money. He's a bi+ch and if things doesn't go his way he'll whine about it and part ways with the best thing that happened to this organization in 12 years. Fck Trent Baalke too, he can't draft for sh!t.

I'm starting to feel this way too. I'm starting to see the b***h in Jed York...
The poor diction, grammatically incorrect sentence structure, and flimsy grasp on the English language by many of the Jed haters says a lot.
Ok, let's look at the circumstances surrounding ownership, the GM, and the firing of Steve Marriucci since so many posters are convinced that this is the exact same situation.

We had a popular coach, who could actually coach offense, who allegedly wanted more power.

We had a general manager who knew nothing and in time validated he knew even less than that.

He fires Steve Marriucci after a great playoff win with no clear plan in place for a replacement.

He drags Dennis Erickson, a mediocre pro coach, and gives him the keys to a team that just needed to continue on the upward trajectory that was started by Steve Marriucci.

The 49ers have a poor 2003 campaign.

The general manager then, citing looming cap issues completely blows up the team not more the four years after we emerged from salary cap hell.

We field a team in 2004 that may not have beaten Dennis Erickson's teams at the Oregon State, let alone the U back in the early 90s.

I believe at this point the GM is let go and the FO hires a good defensive coordinator out of Baltimore named Mike Nolan, and basically gives this first time coach general manager power as well.

Now, does anyone here believe that Trent Baalke is about to nuke this team?

Does anyone for see Trent Baalke hiring some coach that is clearly in over his head?

Does anyone see the FO bumbling through this coaching search, considering this is the same FO that delivered the beloved JIm Harbaugh to San Francisco in the first place, when media hacks had him going to Miami?

I don't believe out front office is completely blameless, but to think that we are exactly where we were 12 years ago is unreal.
Suk a bigh ol fat dik meat kabobwich jed
Originally posted by TheRambler:
The poor diction, grammatically incorrect sentence structure, and flimsy grasp on the English language by many of the Jed haters says a lot.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Suk a bigh ol fat dik meat kabobwich jed

well played
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

oeh nice personall attaks

Pretty much. The 2 year olds will be gone soon.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I love that this is all Jed's fault when it's obvious Harbaugh also wants to leave
Originally posted by Janitor:
I love that this is all Jed's fault when it's obvious Harbaugh also wants to leave

lol this lol

Originally posted by NCommand:

Pretty much. The 2 year olds will be gone soon.

They are typing angry and without logic. Whether or not getting rid of Harbs is bad for the team, Jed is a huge reason for our turnaround. His daddy ain't running things anymore.
Originally posted by Janitor:

But, but the Yorks' should've given Jim Harbaugh $10 million a year because it's clear we can't do any better. And make Greg Roman the highest paid OC. It's clear the only reason this team regressed this year is because of injuries. Smh.
Jed >>>> justin Bieber
We were a terrible, terrible franchise for 8 long years. We won only 47 games in EIGHT seasons under Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary.

Jim Harbaugh shows up and pulls us out of the pit. We were hopeless for almost a decade. The playoffs seemed like an unreachable goal. Harbaugh only coaches the team for 4 years, and wins 49 career games altogether, with 3 NFC title game appearances, and 1 near SB victory.

Think about that. Harbaugh won 49 games in 4 seasons. Erickson/Nolan/Singletary won just 47 in double the amount of time.

Larry Krueger just brought up a great point on KNBR. Walsh and DeBartolo had John McVay and Carmen Policy to referee the arguments. When Tom Gamble left for Philly, the Niners lost a well respected veteran exec. that both Baalke and Harbaugh liked. They lost the guy that would keep things cool between 2 strong personalities. Its very unfortunate.

Jed York made the mistake of choosing a side. Early on in the feud he took Baalkes side, stating that he would choose his GM over his coach if it came down to it. When you make your championship quality coach a lowball offer and piss him off, this is what happens. Again 49ers ownership got too cocky with their "culture", and basically demanded a SB title if the coach wanted to be well paid. Its total BS. None of the York's have ever won a title. The Eddie D Niners are a standard that cannot be replicated, and certainly shouldn't be claimed by any York.

At this point, Jed York has proven to me that he is not the owner and leader this team needs. I will resume my position of hoping they will sell the team to a competent owner. The York's run this team blind. Theyre so caught up in bragging about a history they have nothing to do with, that they cant figure out how to run the team in the present. The York standard is failure. He was lobbed a franchise coach, and he screwed it up.

It doesnt really matter who they hire now. Even if its successful, because I will never again trust this ownership to make smart choices about the future. You cant get any more lucky with a coaching hire like Harbaugh, yet it fell apart. Winning was not the priority. It just shows that the next man up, great or not, could just as easily be screwed up too. If Jim Harbaugh loses his job, no coach is safe here.

The York's wouldnt know a good thing if it hit them upside the head.
Share 49ersWebzone