LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Guess it wasnt quite unanimously.

Jed is a coward. Have an opinion one way or the other.

Good idea. If it's that important, beer sales shouldn't interfere. I like it.
Jed can do nothing right in some people's eyes. Some will always find a way to nitpick and it's rather ridiculous. Can we give it a rest already?

They will just be swigging the beer they already bought. Such an empty, meaningless gesture ultimately. Totally PC driven.
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by susweel:
Guess it wasnt quite unanimously.

Jed is a coward. Have an opinion one way or the other.

Jed is a cuck. Of course he abstained.

Jed stated his opinion loud and clear by abstaining.

He does not agree with the decision, but knew he couldn't do anything about it so chose not to fight an unwinnable fight. Who here would support him if he did?

Suspensions would be harsher, the refs would give us less, we'd get less compensation, what's the point.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jed can do nothing right in some people's eyes. Some will always find a way to nitpick and it's rather ridiculous. Can we give it a rest already?

I am warming up to him!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

They will just be swigging the beer they already bought. Such an empty, meaningless gesture ultimately. Totally PC driven.

Kinda like the NFL's vote to penalize players over kneeling during a song.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Could you BE more wrong?

This.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Clearly not as "meaningless" to the players as some here claim it is to them, personally.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 23, 2018 at 2:57 PM ]

Clearly not as "meaningless" to the players as some here claim it is to them, personally.

It's also been reported by Steve Wyche that York didn't vote "no" because the NFLPA was not represented and that he didn't feel comfortable saying outright "no" when the NFLPA had not been formally presented with the proposal when the vote took place. In other words, he may have assumed the NFLPA would be opposed to this proposal, but he couldn't know that for sure, because he's not a mind reader. Therefore, he abstained.
[ Edited by captveg on May 23, 2018 at 3:04 PM ]
Good s**t, Jed
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Part of me wants Jed to step in but that would potentially spoil relationship w ShanaLynch...therefore hope he keeps his mouth/twitter shut

Yup, terrible situation, but i think its being handled as best as possible. Whatever happens, Jed, John, and Kyle are in it together, which is actually good. It means they are communicating and working through it together.

Good thing Jed doesn't have to deal with dumbf**k personalities like Trent Baalkaca and Jim HarBoneHead

I hope he's learned his lesson for sure. If all three stay on the same page, and Jed stay out of football at all times, I think the team will be fine. With Reuben back on the team, we'll have a good shot at winning at least 10 games and maybe get into the playoffs.
Originally posted by captveg:
It's also been reported by Steve Wyche that York didn't vote "no" because the NFLPA was not represented and that he didn't feel comfortable saying outright "no" when the NFLPA had not been formally presented with the proposal when the vote took place. In other words, he may have assumed the NFLPA would be opposed to this proposal, but he couldn't know that for sure, because he's not a mind reader. Therefore, he abstained.

I'm sure he feels he's standing up for his players, and he probably believes in the cause to be sure, but I'm sure a large factor that went into his decision has to do with business. His team resides in probably the most progressive region of the country, and he may have realized that a yes vote may cost him money and may hurt his image with a large constituent of fans, while the opposite is most likely true among other owners in other parts of the country.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Part of me wants Jed to step in but that would potentially spoil relationship w ShanaLynch...therefore hope he keeps his mouth/twitter shut

Yup, terrible situation, but i think its being handled as best as possible. Whatever happens, Jed, John, and Kyle are in it together, which is actually good. It means they are communicating and working through it together.

Good thing Jed doesn't have to deal with dumbf**k personalities like Trent Baalkaca and Jim HarBoneHead

I hope he's learned his lesson for sure. If all three stay on the same page, and Jed stay out of football at all times, I think the team will be fine. With Reuben back on the team, we'll have a good shot at winning at least 10 games and maybe get into the playoffs.
If him being a SJW means not interfering with football operations as much- I'm all for it baby lol
Share 49ersWebzone