Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
he lost all credibility when he said eddie hired monte

And this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
oh my god., you have no history of this team.. monte was hired long before walsh. joe thomas fired monte who was a damn good coach. had willie mcgee not got hurt we could have won the super bowl in 76 with that front four and rushing attack. we went through two coaches before eddie came and hired walsh. good god

This
i was actually wrong... i got so nuts... eddie came before monte was hired. eddie presided over the resignation of monte. eddies problem was hiring joe thomas.eddie went through to more coaches and traded for oj then finally got it right with walsh.. talking about growing pains. considering we gave up all of our picks for plunket then gave em all away to get broken down oj.. it is amazing we turned it around in a few years removed from oj and hollywood henderson doing blow on the sidelines during games. oh and thanks to oj i think our top draft pickes were cornerback stan black and wide out elmo boyd... boy they are in the niner hall of shame
oh my god., you have no history of this team.. monte was hired long before walsh. joe thomas fired monte who was a damn good coach. had willie mcgee not got hurt we could have won the super bowl in 76 with that front four and rushing attack. we went through two coaches before eddie came and hired walsh. good god

This
i was actually wrong... i got so nuts... eddie came before monte was hired. eddie presided over the resignation of monte. eddies problem was hiring joe thomas.eddie went through to more coaches and traded for oj then finally got it right with walsh.. talking about growing pains. considering we gave up all of our picks for plunket then gave em all away to get broken down oj.. it is amazing we turned it around in a few years removed from oj and hollywood henderson doing blow on the sidelines during games. oh and thanks to oj i think our top draft pickes were cornerback stan black and wide out elmo boyd... boy they are in the niner hall of shame

Yep, and Joe Thomas was a nightmare - should have never been hired. But Eddie D. learned from mistakes such as that...it seems as if Jed is also learning from his past mistakes. Hiring the HC-GM pairing of Shanahan and Lynch definitely is a step in the right direction - glad to see those two working well together and should continue to be a great partnership going forward. Will they make mistakes and have they already? Yes, of course. But it's how they learn from their mistakes - past, present, and future - is what I'm interested in seeing.
This is exactly what I want Jed to do. Be accountable. Jed has done a great job staying out of personnel decisions the last year and half, however, this is a different circumstance. In the past he's definitely wavered to Baalke and Harbaugh in these situations which created this culture. This is his team. The culture he wants to establish here ultimately rests on his shoulders. Im happy Jed is not taking a back seat to Lynch/Shanny on this issue even though he will most certainly take their recommendations seriously.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OneMoreRing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by English:
I hope the arrow is pointing up! - but Jed has already shown me by firing Harbs, hiring Tomsula, then saying "he was accountable" then keeping Baalke and hiding under a table for a year, that he is at BEST a 2nd tier owner.

Do NOT want his ego within throwing distance of the personnel department. Do not care what he thinks about Rueben Foster. Let Lynch set the tone and be the spokesman.

Again, until they actually win at least one playoff game, I don't even want to hear his freakin name.

Um, he and his family are the owners. Maybe you should bear that in mind.

Just because Jed was born into the York family and was given an NFL Team does not give him instant credibility in my mind. I guess you think it does?

It wasn't long ago that Jed was fast becoming among the worst owners in sports (he wasn't quite Jimmy Haslam or Jim Irsay but he was on his way), due entirely to his own terrible decisions. He hires Lynch and Shanahan, gets some media and fan cred, and then starts to comment on player behavior and flex his muscles. It's making me nervous. I don't think the team can be improved in any way by his media comments. I don't think Jeds ego can help the niners win more games, quite the opposite. STFU Jed, you are not Eddie, and until you actually install a winning regime keep your head down.
You must hate Eddie D too

Because he hired Monte Clark before Bill Walsh? And then learned from his mistakes and took a swing on one of the greatest coaches in NFL History? Eddie D was a freakin madman love him. You are drawing parallels between Eddie D and Jed York Good luck with that one.
How can you give credit to one and not the other. both inherited teams.

The only thing that separates Eddie and Jed is a Salary Cap

And Balls

And heart

And super bowls

And Hair

Five of 'em!

LOL!
What about:
Win Loss Record
Super Bowl Wins
Coaching Stability
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

LOL!
What about:
Win Loss Record
Super Bowl Wins
Coaching Stability
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
that is a result of no salary cap

LOL!
What about:
Win Loss Record
Super Bowl Wins
Coaching Stability
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins

Yes, Jed York is on his 4th head coach in 4 years because of the salary cap.
All teams played by the same rules when Eddie was owner just like they do today.

LOL!
What about:
Win Loss Record
Super Bowl Wins
Coaching Stability
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins

Without salary cap/free agency, teams had to draft well. With Baalke, we didn't. So we would arguably in a deeper hole now.

LOL!
What about:
Win Loss Record
Super Bowl Wins
Coaching Stability
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins

All teams played by the same rules when Eddie was owner just like they do today.
same rules, different bank accounts back then

LOL!
What about:
Win Loss Record
Super Bowl Wins
Coaching Stability
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins

The salary cap changed everything about the NFL.
  • dj43

This

Yep, and Joe Thomas was a nightmare - should have never been hired. But Eddie D. learned from mistakes such as that...it seems as if Jed is also learning from his past mistakes. Hiring the HC-GM pairing of Shanahan and Lynch definitely is a step in the right direction - glad to see those two working well together and should continue to be a great partnership going forward. Will they make mistakes and have they already? Yes, of course. But it's how they learn from their mistakes - past, present, and future - is what I'm interested in seeing.

Pardon me for jumping in but, as much as I hate to admit it, Al Davis deserves notice for convincing Eddie to consider Bill Walsh.
I hope the arrow is pointing up! - but Jed has already shown me by firing Harbs, hiring Tomsula, then saying "he was accountable" then keeping Baalke and hiding under a table for a year, that he is at BEST a 2nd tier owner.

Do NOT want his ego within throwing distance of the personnel department. Do not care what he thinks about Rueben Foster. Let Lynch set the tone and be the spokesman.

Again, until they actually win at least one playoff game, I don't even want to hear his freakin name.

Um, he and his family are the owners. Maybe you should bear that in mind.

Just because Jed was born into the York family and was given an NFL Team does not give him instant credibility in my mind. I guess you think it does?

It wasn't long ago that Jed was fast becoming among the worst owners in sports (he wasn't quite Jimmy Haslam or Jim Irsay but he was on his way), due entirely to his own terrible decisions. He hires Lynch and Shanahan, gets some media and fan cred, and then starts to comment on player behavior and flex his muscles. It's making me nervous. I don't think the team can be improved in any way by his media comments. I don't think Jeds ego can help the niners win more games, quite the opposite. STFU Jed, you are not Eddie, and until you actually install a winning regime keep your head down.

Don't put words into other posters' mouths. My point, which you completely missed, is that regardless of your opinions about keeping him away from personnel decisions, Foster and how you don't want to hear his name, his family own the team. So his opinions are likely to be heard.

Lump it.

U.

Are.

Hilarious.
As much as I hate some of Jed's past decisions, Im glad he isnt thats asshat Mcnair.

LOL!
What about:
Win Loss Record
Super Bowl Wins
Coaching Stability
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins
Wins

thank god we had Eddie , not a York for those great years
Share 49ersWebzone