New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Jed York is still an a*****e!!!

Who's the a*****e, Jed or Trump?
Originally posted by reasonable1:
It bothers me that this forum has the undertones it has.

The fact that people still want to act as if they have no idea what the protests are for is really irritating.

And maybe they continue to play retarded because they enjoy irritating people.

Idk

Kudos Jed York. Still the only owner on record to have donated to the various causes undertaken by Kaep. I'm proud of that.

Those who dont agree know why the players are kneeling, that has pretty much been known since #7 started it. Doesn't mean they have to support it.

On the flip side you have people constantly irritating those who voted for the president in a certain political thread in the parking lot. It goes both ways.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Sep 24, 2017 at 2:21 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trump needs to be impeached, he's totally out of control.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Trump needs to stay out of it. This is a local issue no one cares wut the big brother feds think.

Trump made a dumb ass statement... What's troubling is that our own dumb ass owner felt it his duty to share his devisive political views as a statement from the team rather than that of his own.

Seeing as the president called yorks own players sons of b***hes, i think he was 100% correct in responding

It's a political ralley speech...the only reason it's getting reported is because the liberal media has an agenda. With any other president this is basically who cares news but because it's personal it gets coverage and in the process our out of control owner decided to respond to a ralley statement with an official 49er statement from the team rather than blow it off for what it was... Garbage.

You know most Presidents don't have rallies after they've already won right? They actually get on with governing the country.

Trump feels the need to run home to his base for an ego boost every few days because those idiots will cheer everything he says and he can pretend he's popular.

We elected Vince McMahon to be President only less entertaining because nobody ever storms in and kicks his ass half way through.
[ Edited by Jasta on Sep 24, 2017 at 3:06 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Nice. Whether anyone agrees or disagrees with how they're protesting, it would be pretty dope to have the whole team kneel to piss trump off

Except Trump would easily be able to turn that action around and further energize those who support him.

These players need to do what they believe in and let the chips fall where they may. Acting in a way to elicit an action or feeling in someone else hardly ever works out in the long term.

Maybe . It would also show unity among guys of many different backgrounds. Something we're not seeing much of lately.

Ghost, there is plenty of unity among guys with different backgrounds all over the country. Football used to be one of those places but by allowing it to be used as a platform for political activism, we are seeing the natural consequences. Right or wrong, most people care about the NFL for its entertainment value, and it is the only reason anyone involved gets a paycheck. Jed and the league think they really sent a message but holy crap they are going to get slaughtered on this. They can't let the NFL be used as a political platform and then expect politics to stay out of it. The NFL and these owners are falling into the classic Trump trap... he says two sentences and then the media and aggrieved party (in this case a group of millionaire entertainers that most people assume are overpaid jerks) melt down for a week, and in the process double down on what got them there in the first place. Polkadots is so right on this one that his quote should be passed around to the teams. Laugh, cry, whatever, but if players escalate this they are by-and-large going to be seen as the ones who are ruining the game by politicizing it so they better believe in what they are doing.
Originally posted by Midbay:
Nice. Whether anyone agrees or disagrees with how they're protesting, it would be pretty dope to have the whole team kneel to piss trump off

Except Trump would easily be able to turn that action around and further energize those who support him.

These players need to do what they believe in and let the chips fall where they may. Acting in a way to elicit an action or feeling in someone else hardly ever works out in the long term.

Maybe . It would also show unity among guys of many different backgrounds. Something we're not seeing much of lately.

Ghost, there is plenty of unity among guys with different backgrounds all over the country. Football used to be one of those places but by allowing it to be used as a platform for political activism, we are seeing the natural consequences. Right or wrong, most people care about the NFL for its entertainment value, and it is the only reason anyone involved gets a paycheck. Jed and the league think they really sent a message but holy crap they are going to get slaughtered on this. They can't let the NFL be used as a political platform and then expect politics to stay out of it. The NFL and these owners are falling into the classic Trump trap... he says two sentences and then the media and aggrieved party (in this case a group of millionaire entertainers that most people assume are overpaid jerks) melt down for a week, and in the process double down on what got them there in the first place. Polkadots is so right on this one that his quote should be passed around to the teams. Laugh, cry, whatever, but if players escalate this they are by-and-large going to be seen as the ones who are ruining the game by politicizing it so they better believe in what they are doing.

You guys bring up very good points but this isn't just football, it's happening everywhere. There's a movement, whether we as people like it or not. It's not just about nfl. It's about sports in general being used as a platform.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/sports/baseball/boston-red-sox-fenway-park-racism.html

When America understands this, then the sheeple will wake up! Hopefully soon..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 24, 2017 at 4:50 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

No doubt about it. He needs to go!!

Originally posted by Rascal:

No doubt about it. He needs to go!!

"U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!" Mr. James wrote on Twitter, where he has nearly twice as many followers as the president."

Lebron James.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/23/sports/football/trump-nfl-kaepernick.amp.html
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 24, 2017 at 5:22 AM ]
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Wow. That is some third grade behavior right there.

"Oh yeah? Well you don't get to come to my birthday party!"
"I didn't wanna go anyway!"

Trump is such an embarrassment.

I don't care what Trump does. There will be another president in 3-7 years anyways.

Do you think Jed really gives a rats ass about anything trumps says or does?

All he cares about is his $$$$. As optimistic as I am about the new regime Jed is like a cancer cell eating away at the dream of a having a winning franchise again lol

Originally posted by frenchmov:
f**k trump and f**k his supporters. I hate Jed but I'll give him props here unlike the b******t response from the eagles. Trump is a billion times worse as a president than York is as an owner (which is truly saying something)

Your first sentence discredits everything else you have to say. When condemning Trump wouldn't one want to not act in a way that may be similar / comparable to his own actions?

Further, why is the response from Lurie and the Eagles BS? Is he, too, not allowed to voice his opinion? Disagreeing is fine, but shutting down speech you don't like and appealing to emotion isn't proper argumentation.

Your entire post lends credence to those who have come out against CK et. al. They can simply point to your intolerance to justify theirs

The Left will always Left
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
If you don't believe people shouldn't be allowed to protest or fired if you do you need to move to a country where it's not allowed. Apparently you don't have any love or respect for a country where it's literally the first thing mentioned in the bill of rights. Have fun in your totalitarian dicatorship.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I don't know, I just want to see competitive football and maybe see my team (Niners) improve and be relevant. There are a multitude of political blogs and TV shows to address the current kneeling issues. The major concern should be CTE, I don't see the owners addressing this issue, or it doesn't exist on their limited ($) radar. Let's see these owners that are now standing behind the constitution and rights of Americans talk about the issue that will bring this game down. Former player Bernard Pollard said football will be gone in 30 years. People laughed, they're not laughing now. Hey Owners, kids are no longer playing football.
Bummer, I guess only women will be playing football in the future.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I don't care what Trump does. There will be another president in 3-7 years anyways.

Do you think Jed really gives a rats ass about anything trumps says or does?

All he cares about is his $$$$. As optimistic as I am about the new regime Jed is like a cancer cell eating away at the dream of a having a winning franchise again lol

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Trump needs to stay out of it. This is a local issue no one cares wut the big brother feds think.

Trump made a dumb ass statement at a political rally, not as an official statement...what's troubling is that our own dumb ass owner felt it his duty to share his devisive political views as an official statement from the team rather than that of his own.

Share 49ersWebzone