LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
"One of the more intriguing free-agent prospects this winter involves a coach.

The San Francisco 49ers are likely to part with Jim Harbaugh, postseason success be damned. Just where Harbaugh will take his khakis and Sharpies isn't clear, but there's a report that makes one destination unlikely. His alma mater, Michigan, reached out to Harbaugh and "left convinced that he wants to be an NFL coach next year, not a college coach," the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

One one level, it makes sense. There figure to be a number of NFL teams that will come calling and he badly wants a Super Bowl ring. Harbaugh's wife reportedly wants to stay in the Bay Area and Oakland will have an opening — along with a quarterback, Derek Carr, that Harbaugh likes."

"Michigan reached out to 49ers Coach Jim Harbaugh, but believes he wants to stay in NFL"

By Cindy Boren
December 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2014/12/07/michigan-reached-out-to-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh-but-believes-he-want-to-stay-in-nfl/

@ the conspiracy theory, Harbaugh had secret plans with Michigan...

"Yes, I was told I wouldn't be the coach anymore -- and you can call it mutual. I wasn't going to put the 49ers in a position to have a coach they didn't want anymore," he said. "That's the truth of it. I didn't leave the 49ers, I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me."

You do realize, you just spent several posts and pages confirming what I already said, right?

"That sounds like someone who already had one foot out the door to me. Was he justified to look elsewhere by then? Probably...sounds like relationships were already strained by then so he probably didn't even bother to look at them (several contract offers)."

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Losing big games when we had better teams is one good reason....sorry ass peewee offense is a 2nd good reason

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Losing big games when we had better teams is one good reason....sorry ass peewee offense is a 2nd good reason

Nailed it!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
As long as he learns from his mistakes and stay out of their way. I'm happy,

Stay out of Shanny's and Lynch's way, thats my point.. Hopefully he will.

He should assign an assistant to slap the s**t out of him when these impulsive-knee jerk reactions arise.

LMAO. We can all to that!

Doesn't he still host #GloryHoleParties? That oughta keep his mouth full enough to STFU
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Jed did a bang up job of fixing that sorry offense that won so many games.
what did he fix
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 4, 2017 at 5:22 PM ]
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Keep believing in your own lies... 👍🏼

Success is not a coincidence, sorry...

There are some ungrateful posters here.. WOW

Dont trust anyone Lynch, they will stab you in the back when you turn around.

I really thought man I should stay out of this but since this is a forum for opinion decided to partake.

Am really grateful for the time we had with Harbaugh. Was the right guy to take this team to the next level after Singletary who I feel laid a foundation. With that said our collapse from grace was not going to be stopped by retaining him. Now with Balke I can say we needed to cut ties with him quicker but I am no fan of having a coach/GM... That is what Harbaugh wanted. You can talk about Jed being cheap but I really feel Jim wanted full control and Jed was rightfully cautious.

So onto our colipase. Willis Retired... J Smith Retired. A Smith got involved in yet another off the field issue. Boland Retired. If we had kept Harbaugh and gave him full control would these actions have not occurred... I can't say that .. So a top end D just got depleted and we now have a coach and GM whose system is based on clock management control and a great D that does not give up TDs..

Cant play fortune teller here but really don't think it would have ended well. Also might I remind you we were 8-8 his last year.... Is he a better coach then Tomsula.. YES Was the down fall coming either way..... I believe it was. So if we had kept him would we be in a different situation today. Not really sure we may have just fired Harbuagh and brought in Lynch and Shanny to get the organization back on track. Then again would they have come here if our salary cap was not where it as and we didn't own the second pick.......

My point is playing these could have should been games really never meet the situation that reality shows. Your opinion is that if Jed had just paid Harbaugh we would still be a playoff team. My opinion believes the end of that was coming quicker with any coach and perhaps the fact we got to pick higher in the last two drafts and add Kyle and Lynch may turn out to be better in the long run...

To each their own.....
[ Edited by dwett on May 4, 2017 at 5:26 PM ]

He should assign an assistant to slap the s**t out of him when these impulsive-knee jerk reactions arise.

Doesn't he still host #GloryHoleParties? That oughta keep his mouth full enough to STFU
who Harbaugh/Baalke ?

Thank you Jed.
Originally posted by dwett:

I really thought man I should stay out of this but since this is a forum for opinion decided to partake.

Am really grateful for the time we had with Harbaugh. Was the right guy to take this team to the next level after Singletary who I feel laid a foundation. With that said our collapse from grace was not going to be stopped by retaining him. Now with Balke I can say we needed to cut ties with him quicker but I am no fan of having a coach/GM... That is what Harbaugh wanted. You can talk about Jed being cheap but I really feel Jim wanted full control and Jed was rightfully cautious.

So onto our colipase. Willis Retired... J Smith Retired. A Smith got involved in yet another off the field issue. Boland Retired. If we had kept Harbaugh and gave him full control would these actions have not occurred... I can't say that .. So a top end D just got depleted and we now have a coach and GM whose system is based on clock management control and a great D that does not give up TDs..

Cant play fortune teller here but really don't think it would have ended well. Also might I remind you we were 8-8 his last year.... Is he a better coach then Tomsula.. YES Was the down fall coming either way..... I believe it was. So if we had kept him would we be in a different situation today. Not really sure we may have just fired Harbuagh and brought in Lynch and Shanny to get the organization back on track. Then again would they have come here if our salary cap was not where it as and we didn't own the second pick.......

My point is playing these could have should been games really never meet the situation that reality shows. Your opinion is that if Jed had just paid Harbaugh we would still be a playoff team. My opinion believes the end of that was coming quicker with any coach and perhaps the fact we got to pick higher in the last two drafts and add Kyle and Lynch may turn out to be better in the long run...

To each their own.....

Yup, when you go from 27th oldest to 2nd youngest in one off season (from hell), it's safe to say, had JH stayed, it would have gotten ugly FAST...drama central...toxic even. That said, it was basically a college team at that point...he might have been perfect for them. LOL
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

who Harbaugh/Baalke ?

LOL what!! ... Jed is the host

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Thank you Jed.

• evil
  • Veteran
That pee wee offense got us to a Super Bowl with Baalke as a GM.. And we all see now he was as useless as tits on a bull..

I'm surprised we got to a Super Bowl with an incompetent Gm but some here would rather cover up and lie to themselves.. You would rather screw over a guy who was undermined and was doing everything to help this team..

Jed should go eat a big plate of Crow, sit there and like it..

Some of you posters have to be from his PR department,

Sorry, I'll stick with the facts not the coverups. It's a shame..

Shanny and Lynch watch out, some around here will turn on you even with wins and an incompetent GM that has been proven.

It's f**king scary when some believe their own spin...

Facts ? Fact is, in order for two people to improve their working relationship they both have to put in the effort. Thus if you are rubbing people the wrong way, you can't expect people to take to you if you don't make some changes.

Another fact is both Jed and Jim are at fault.

And here is a 3rd fact and one you have been told before, quit insinuating that those who don't share your opinion are working for Jed's PR department. You are a valued poster Wu, but be civil and contribute in ways that allow for healthy debates and discussions so we don't have to mutually part ways
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dwett:

To each their own.....

Yup, when you go from 27th oldest to 2nd youngest in one off season (from hell), it's safe to say, had JH stayed, it would have gotten ugly FAST...drama central...toxic even. That said, it was basically a college team at that point...he might have been perfect for them. LOL

Everything came full circle... some moves were made which fans didn't like, s**t happened... now we have what seems like a very competent combo in S&L whom walked into a good situation.

Even tho Baalke may have screwed a lot of things up, he also left our new regime cap heaven, 2nd pick, Buckner, Garnett, Bowman (tho older now), etc.....
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Jed did a bang up job of fixing that sorry offense that won so many games.
what did he fix

He fixed Harbaugh an Roman's offense by hiring Tomsula and Geep and then he fixed that mess by hiring a coach with a bad system who had been fired by is previous team.

Roman's offense with Fangio's defense worked well. Time of possession advantages and wearing down defenses through ball control created a great point differential and point differential is what matters.
That pee wee offense got us to a Super Bowl with Baalke as a GM.. And we all see now he was as useless as tits on a bull..

I'm surprised we got to a Super Bowl with an incompetent Gm but some here would rather cover up and lie to themselves.. You would rather screw over a guy who was undermined and was doing everything to help this team..

Jed should go eat a big plate of Crow, sit there and like it..

Some of you posters have to be from his PR department,

Sorry, I'll stick with the facts not the coverups. It's a shame..

Shanny and Lynch watch out, some around here will turn on you even with wins and an incompetent GM that has been proven.

It's f**king scary when some believe their own spin...

Facts ? Fact is, in order for two people to improve their working relationship they both have to put in the effort. Thus if you are rubbing people the wrong way, you can't expect people to take to you if you don't make some changes.

Another fact is both Jed and Jim are at fault.

And here is a 3rd fact and one you have been told before, quit insinuating that those who don't share your opinion are working for Jed's PR department. You are a valued poster Wu, but be civil and contribute in ways that allow for healthy debates and discussions so we don't have to mutually part ways

Jim went on to success elsewhere while Jed drove the team into the dirt.
Jed adds nothing to football operations, he could stay completely out of it and the team would actually be better off.
Share 49ersWebzone