LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Why else but not wanting to pay Harbaugh?

Because their personality clash wouldn't allow them (and Baalke) to work together anymore. No amount of money in the world can make a work environment where distrust and discomfort abound viable in the long run.

The lack of an extended contract was a symptom of the underlying failing relationship, not the cause.

Tomsula's hiring had far more to do with the comfort of their relationship with him than the money he'd earn.
[ Edited by captveg on May 3, 2017 at 5:20 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Harbaugh did fill seats, after he was dismissed we saw this:

I'm not arguing that winning increases attendance and losing decreases it. No duh.

I'm arguing that those seats are *built* regardless of Harbaugh's hire.

The stadium was being built no matter who the coach was at that point.

And I meant "built" like sweat off his back.. He got us winning, thus provided or pushed the idea of the stadium through..

This is Harbaugh's stadium, he got us out of that funk. Thats what I mean. I give respect where its due..
Why turn on your own guy? I will never understand it..

San diego st, Standford then to the niners and turn on him when he sincerely wanted us to win. This was your west coast "son" and we turned our backs on him.

I will never get it..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on May 3, 2017 at 5:23 PM ]

Because their personality clash wouldn't allow them (and Baalke) to work together anymore. No amount of money in the world can make a work environment where distrust and discomfort abound viable in the long run.

The lack of an extended contract was a symptom of the underlying failing relationship, not the cause.

Tomsula's hiring had far more to do with the comfort of their relationship with him than the money he'd earn.

And Jed and Paraag were so wrong, it is obvious now and it was completely obvious at the time that Tomsula would be a dud compared to Harbaugh. Harbaugh was the winner, Jed, Baalke and Paraag have never won without him.
Jed shaould have made them work it out or fired whoever couldn't work with Harbaugh.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on May 3, 2017 at 5:27 PM ]

And Jed and Parag were so wrong, it is obvious now and it was completely obvious at the time that Tomsula would be a dud compared to Harbaugh. Harbaugh was the winner, Jed, Baalke and Paraag have never won without him.
Jed shaould have made them work it out or fired whoever couldn't work with Harbaugh.

Yup,

Fans dont wana hear comfort.. He turned this around like everthing else.. I dont care about not getting along.. I care about wins and thats what he provided.

Jed took the ball 🏈 and went home..

And Jed and Parag were so wrong, it is obvious now and it was completely obvious at the time that Tomsula would be a dud compared to Harbaugh. Harbaugh was the winner, Jed, Baalke and Paraag have never won without him.

Yup,

Fans dont wana hear comfort.. He turned this around like everthing else.. I dont care about not getting along.. I care about wins and thats what he provided.

Jed popping into team meetings to add nothing, making the coach carry a Field Management Guide written by Marathe, forcing the HC to meet with him weekly to go over game plans.
I can see how that could get old really quick.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on May 3, 2017 at 5:31 PM ]

Yup,

Jed popping into team meetings to add nothing, making the coach carry a Field Management Guide written by Marathe, forcing the HC to meet with him weekly to go over game plans.
I can see how that could get old really quick.

I hope he learns..

Stay out of Lynch way, the guy is bright. Let's not f**k this up again.
And I meant "built" like sweat off his back.. He got us winning, thus provided or pushed the idea of the stadium through..

This is Harbaugh's stadium, he got us out of that funk. Thats what I mean. I give respect where its due..

San diego st, Standford then to the niners and turn on him when he sincerely wanted us to win. This was your west coast "son" and we turned our backs on him.

I will never get it..

And Harbaugh also planted all the trees west of the Mississippi!

Harbaugh is a good football coach. The end. No reason to turn him into some mythic figure that can make steel and concrete rise up from the Santa Clara basin because of his folksy willpower.
Matt Maiocco‏ @MaioccoNBCS

#49ers CEO Jed York on bond w/Frank Gore (via @gmfb): "Frank probably texted me more than friends and family last year when we were losing."

I will never get it..

And Harbaugh also planted all the trees west of the Mississippi!

Harbaugh is a good football coach. The end. No reason to turn him into some mythic figure that can make steel and concrete rise up from the Santa Clara basin because of his folksy willpower.

I'm stating facts, he turned us around. Whether you want to accept it or not its the truth.

No he is not a demi-god but he didnt deserve getting run out of town either..

He deserves the respect, He built this stadium.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on May 3, 2017 at 5:46 PM ]

York isn't gonna fire himself. He didn't get along with Harbaugh. The only long-term answer is to find a good HC that works well with the ownership. Otherwise it'll always be an open room that is ready to fester when good time turn to bad. That's simply not a sustainable work environment over the long haul.

York isn't gonna fire himself. He didn't get along with Harbaugh. The only long-term answer is to find a good HC that works well with the ownership. Otherwise it'll always be an open room that is ready to fester when good time turn to bad. That's simply not a sustainable work environment over the long haul.

Not really the real solution was 🎯 targeting the real problem who was baalke taking risk picks while we were in contention...

That would have been the logical decision... Instead of hiring 2 to come to that conclusion..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on May 3, 2017 at 5:51 PM ]

You don't wanna hear about comfort because you aren't in the work environment every damn day. I mean, you could be amazing at your job, but if I was your boss we probably couldn't work together long, because we clearly clash in out personalities.

And it is always Jed's ball to take home. Never forget it.

You don't wanna hear about comfort because you aren't in the work environment every damn day. I mean, you could be amazing at your job, but if I was your boss we probably couldn't work together long, because we clearly clash in out personalities.

And it is always Jed's ball to take home. Never forget it.

I don't want to hear brats crying when things are going good.. Work it out.. Do your job.

And NO, this is the peoples ball and You never forget that...

Without the ticket holders jed aint s**t...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on May 3, 2017 at 5:54 PM ]
I'm stating facts, he turned us around. Whether you want to accept it or not its the truth.

"I'm stating facts."

Followed by:

"[Harbaugh] built this stadium."

You can continue to shovel this s**t, but I'm not gonna eat it.

"I'm stating facts."

Followed by:

"[Harbaugh] built this stadium."

You can continue to shovel this s**t, but I'm not gonna eat it.

When you lose for 9 years and someone does what he did.. 44-19-1, then they can talk... until then... Its Harbaugh's stadium..

Ditto I dont wana hear b******t lies... or coverup stories...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on May 3, 2017 at 5:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone