LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:
lol so the rookie GM with zero experience you just hired says he was testing his new boss if he can keep a secret. lol yah this is off to a real good start.

Yeah I read that. Some weird s**t right there. Was that sleepover thing really true?

Yup. Love triangle. Jed and Paraag are trying to expand their relationship.

Lol yeah the real GM candidates were like no thank you.

These guys still probably don't get it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Sooooooo let me get this straight.

You two. 2 of the biggest complainers about the leaks and strife in the front office. Are now questioning and throwing sarcasm at the candidate who wanted to make sure that was no longer a problem?

If he never addressed it then you would be talking about how he needs to steer clear of it and its the same ole Jed York.

I swear man Idk how the f**k the mods have kept you here for so long because you add nothing to a discussion whatsoever except trolling and pessimism. Speaking of Susweel.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Jim H is not part of Candlestick history

and all that you listed can be found (except for Statues) outside of the Stadium

Where is the ring of Honor? Or the banners? I know there is a painted sign that says 5 time champion but that thing is so hard to see and locate. The history of this franchise was stuffed into a expensive museum if you consider paying to take a family of 4 to and what we have is a sterile venue with a focus toward maximizing profit. The stadium is a big reason why this franchise has recently been ranked as one of the least fan friendly franchises in America.
ranked least fan friendly by who, you lol

all the history is not in the Museum. I've seen some great stuff there (Levi)

The only thing that Levi's doesn't have what candlestick does is a ring of honor that you can see from your seat. Which looks like you spent most of the time staring at that then the game since you're so emotional about it
I gotta say. The things said by Lynch about Jed really makes me think he has turned a corner.

Lynch didnt need this job. Whether we or anyone else think he is qualified is irrelevant. He had a sweet gig at fox. Because he's so highly respected he did a lot of things many broadcasters dont get to do.

I think if Lynch didnt feel that Jed wanted to be all in on making this franchise elite again he would have told him to piss off. Lynch has better s**t to do with his time. Including not moving his family.

Lynch made it clear Jed wants to win...period. And i believe him.
On a side note. I got to give props to Lynch and Shanahan for taking these jobs. Those are real men for you. In todays world everyone wants the easy way out like a p***y...Chris Ballard-cough-cough. I need Andrew Luck because I cant obviously find my own quarterback, as shown in my stints with the Bears and Chiefs.

Taking on difficult challenges whether you succeed or not is a testament to high character. No matter what line of work you are in you always reach for new challenges to push yourself in ways you thought weren't possible. So i give a ton of respect to these two. And absolutely no respect to the pussies who thought this rebuild was impossible and beyond their skill set.

And the reward for bringing the 9ers back to excellence can not be measured. If these two succeed they will go down in 49er lore and with other Bay area greats.

Im all in with these two.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

The only thing that Levi's doesn't have what candlestick does is a ring of honor that you can see from your seat. Which looks like you spent most of the time staring at that then the game since you're so emotional about it
Start here
http://www.knbr.com/2016/10/21/espn-ranks-49ers-as-worst-franchise-in-professional-sports/
Start here
http://www.knbr.com/2016/10/21/espn-ranks-49ers-as-worst-franchise-in-professional-sports/

In terms of fan relations currently, maybe. I don't think they are anywhere near one of the worst franchises in sports tho.

Start here
i dont see anything saying the stadium is ranked least fan friendly

and espn isn't what you call "reliable info"
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Start here

Those are flawed. They go hand in hand with loosing. I'm a lakers fan also and they are low. The winning teams are on top. Take this survey after this season and no way the Panthers get the 1st spot for NFL teams. Lol
Purdy: York doubles down on his doggedness — but may be forgetting something important about "re-establishing championship culture"
The 49ers' proprietor can't stay so distant from fans and expect them to believe he really cares about winning over money-

SANTA CLARA — The Kabuki theater began on schedule inside the Levi's Stadium auditorium. The back-and-forth proceeded. It's so familiar by now, after three straight years. There were questions about why the 49ers stunk this season. There were answers you might call barely enlightening. Jed York, the 49ers owner, apologized for the lousiness and explained that he had to fire general manager Trent Baalke and head coach Chip Kelly because they didn't play well together. .

I guess that was news. York's analysis of what went wrong this season, he said, was that Baalke and Kelly were not on the same page regarding personnel. Baalke wanted to always put defense first. Kelly wanted to emphasize the best offensive acquisitions.

"The marriage didn't work," York said. "and I probably should have seen it."

Of course, the same man who didn't see that coming will now be picking the next general manager and head coach. So the vision had better be clearer. And if it isn't? Doesn't matter. It'll be more Kabuki theatre. And the same guy gets to keep picking the actors.

You must give York some tortuous credit for sticking to one dogged principle about his 49ers' stewardship: The team's owner is the owner and gets to do owner things as an owner who is in charge of owning.

Got it?

"I own this football team," York said at Monday's news conference. "You don't dismiss owners. I'm sorry that that's the facts and that's the case. But that's the fact. And, I'm going to do everything that I can to get this right."

In other words, scratch any thought that York or his family will appoint a football czar or poobah to put some distance between them and the general manager–or the hiring of a general manager. York believes he's the sole guy who can pick the general manager and implement a turnaround. He also said, more or less, that the only way to convince people of this is by winning.

We know this because of another phrase that York kept repeating Monday. It arose in reply to various challenges of his competence:

"Nothing that I'm going to say is going to be a satisfactory answer," York answered.

Another phrase that York used several times referred to "re-establishing a championship culture" with the 49ers. In York's mind, that phrase also seems to be solely about winning. I think that's incorrect. Winning is a significant part of it. But there's more involved. It's about daily operations, body language and the overall franchise landscape–which goes against York's feeling about not being able to give satisfactory answers as long as the losing keeps happening–which implies that he'd be better off just not saying anything.

I couldn't disagree more. A championship culture also includes fans. It includes the way they relate to the team. It includes the way owners help fans relate to the team, to the players and coaches. York needs to remember that, underline it and think about it every day.

For the last few years, it's been very hard for any fans to relate to whatever culture exists around the 49ers franchise. In fact, it's been almost a culture war. First, there were those off-field issues involving various players and criminal cases. Then, such fan favorites as Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree left the team, not to mention Patrick Willis' retirement. Then came the up and down saga of Colin Kaepernick and his own controversies, kneeling and otherwise. When you wander through the tailgate area or stadium during games, more people are wearing jerseys of former players than current players.

Fans will always hate losing. But they hate losing more when an owner does not address the losing except once a year when he fires a coach. If York wants a championship culture to exist and insists on being the owner in charge of everything, then he needs to communicate with fans (either through the media or otherwise) more often and explain more things and show he's as frustrated as they are or as angry as they are or as (on the recently rare occasions of victory) as happy as they are. Otherwise, he is perpetuating the image of an aloof owner who only cares about money.

read the rest
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/02/purdy-york-doubles-down-on-his-doggedness-but-may-be-forgetting-something-important-about-re-establishing-championship-culture/
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 1, 2017 at 7:55 PM ]

Originally posted by SisterFister:
I gotta say. The things said by Lynch about Jed really makes me think he has turned a corner.

Lynch didnt need this job. Whether we or anyone else think he is qualified is irrelevant. He had a sweet gig at fox. Because he's so highly respected he did a lot of things many broadcasters dont get to do.

I think if Lynch didnt feel that Jed wanted to be all in on making this franchise elite again he would have told him to piss off. Lynch has better s**t to do with his time. Including not moving his family.

Lynch made it clear Jed wants to win...period. And i believe him.

Originally posted by SisterFister:
On a side note. I got to give props to Lynch and Shanahan for taking these jobs. Those are real men for you. In todays world everyone wants the easy way out like a p***y...Chris Ballard-cough-cough. I need Andrew Luck because I cant obviously find my own quarterback, as shown in my stints with the Bears and Chiefs.

Taking on difficult challenges whether you succeed or not is a testament to high character. No matter what line of work you are in you always reach for new challenges to push yourself in ways you thought weren't possible. So i give a ton of respect to these two. And absolutely no respect to the pussies who thought this rebuild was impossible and beyond their skill set.

And the reward for bringing the 9ers back to excellence can not be measured. If these two succeed they will go down in 49er lore and with other Bay area greats.

Im all in with these two.

• jcs
  • Veteran

Well using them as a resource is much better than "I told you so". In case you missed it...
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17831701/san-francisco-49ers-drop-another-19-places-last-overall-ultimate-standings

San Francisco 49ers
Overall: 122 out of 122
Title track: 51
Ownership: 118
Coaching: 113
Players: 116
Fan relations: 122
Affordability: 117
Stadium experience: 105
Bang for the buck: 113
Change from last year: -76
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 2, 2017 at 12:47 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Well using them as a resource is much better than "I told you so". In case you missed it...
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17831701/san-francisco-49ers-drop-another-19-places-last-overall-ultimate-standings

San Francisco 49ers

stop. you're making him feel bad about spending all that money on crappy tickets.

San Francisco 49ers

Coming from them and you still is a told you so. ESPN is basing off whiny fans polls who don't go to games like you.
Share 49ersWebzone