• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by buck:
Thank you Eddie for showing Jed the way

Not so sure about how much credit should go to the Uncle.

40%

Seems a bit high, but.....
Uncle Eddie has been around more due to Jed.

before Eddie..member Jed's Fk ups ?

Not really.

And I do not remember when Eddie starting being around more either.
Thank you Eddie for showing Jed the way

Not so sure about how much credit should go to the Uncle.

40%

Seems a bit high, but.....
Uncle Eddie has been around more due to Jed.

before Eddie..member Jed's Fk ups ?

Not really.

And I do not remember when Eddie starting being around more either.

New era begins

But York helped the healing. When he took the reins in late 2008, he made sure to lean on his uncle for advice.

"He's much, much smarter than I was," DeBartolo said. "I told him to find the right people and let them do their job. Give them autonomy. He's done a magnificent job. Now when we talk, it's an uncle and godfather talking to his nephew and godson.

"He doesn't need my advice anymore."

He did take DeBartolo's advice to heart when he elevated Trent Baalke to general manager and hired Jim Harbaugh as head coach. York recounted the day Harbaugh met with Baalke and other 49ers brass at a private home. The meeting began at lunchtime and went well into the evening, and everyone was sitting in the dark because they didn't know where the light switches were located. It was clear to York that he had found the right combination.

"What I've learned from Eddie is trying to do things in a first-class way and making sure you don't interfere with what your experts are trying to do," York said. "Listen to your gut, trust yourself and do what you think is best for the organization. If you make a mistake, own up to it and move on."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Super-Bowl-DeBartolo-York-full-circle-4241845.php#ixzz2U2y03dux
Clearly, Harbaugh has been the difference. You have to credit Baalke for assisting in the building of the roster prior to Harbaugh's arrival, but the coach has been the difference.

And the credit for landing the coach, in my eyes, belongs to Jed.

It was the first moment in eight years that the 49ers set out to do something, and they got their man. I don't know how he was able to do it, but Jed York put together an attractive enough situation and made the right moves to get the right coach.

Prior to that, other big-name coaches had hit the market, but the 49ers were in such disarray that no man in his right mind would have jumped on board that mess. Since the end of the Mariucci era, the ship was rudderless. Jed took over, and with passion and deliberate effort, he put together enough stability behind the scenes and set the table for today's success, so much so that Jim Harbaugh, who could have taken a job with many other teams, recognized it as being his best option, and look how it all turned out.
new stadium, hosting a super bowl, super bowl caliber team

good job jed
Great Read on Jed York!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9748887/san-francisco-49ers-owner-turned-franchise-stadium-espn-magazine?src=mobile
Excellent read, thank you!
I like the young fella.
That was a really nice read. We're blessed to have Jed as our owner now.
I love LOVE all your points...class act to ensure he gets Aldon some real help as well; some could argue it's long overdue but when was the last time an ownership made this type of move FOR the player himself? Clearly, it's more than about team...it's about family! And THAT is what Eddie stood for (and still does).
Originally posted by NCommand:
I love LOVE all your points...class act to ensure he gets Aldon some real help as well; some could argue it's long overdue but when was the last time an ownership made this type of move FOR the player himself? Clearly, it's more than about team...it's about family! And THAT is what Eddie stood for (and still does).

Nicely stated

Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Great Read on Jed York!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9748887/san-francisco-49ers-owner-turned-franchise-stadium-espn-magazine?src=mobile

THAT is an incredible article. Seriously...as a true fan or one coming into being one, it's a MUST read by all.

"I will take any shots that anybody wants to write about the organization," Jed York told the media. "You can direct them to me, and I will support Aldon as long as he's willing to work at this and fight to get better."

The statue will be of Uncle Eddie.
Enough said!
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Nicely stated

Great Read on Jed York!

THAT is an incredible article. Seriously...as a true fan or one coming into being one, it's a MUST read by all.

"I will take any shots that anybody wants to write about the organization," Jed York told the media. "You can direct them to me, and I will support Aldon as long as he's willing to work at this and fight to get better."

Enough said!

^^^ bump this article until all have read it. Well done, Seth Wickersham, well done!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who cares, we suck.
Great Read on Jed York!

Enough said!

^^^ bump this article until all have read it. Well done, Seth Wickersham, well done!

I agree. Everyone here should read it. Great article.
Share 49ersWebzone