There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rich Eisen about to talk 9ers on NFLN

Originally posted by gtowns:
this is good, the last thing we need is for Alex to get a bighead.

Actually I think that's exactly what Alex has always needed; some confidence! It's a positive feedback loop folks.
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by gtowns:
this is good, the last thing we need is for Alex to get a bighead.

Actually I think that's exactly what Alex has always needed; some confidence! It's a positive feedback loop folks.

What I meant was we don't need him to become over confident and start thinking he is Brett Favre (he's not) he needs to keep working hard, they all need to.........
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Every say's the same exact s**t about us every week. Until we make a splash in the playoffs it will remain the same. Or until we get a baller at qb.

I am assuming by being a baller at QB that the QB has to pass for 300 yards lots of times. Well lets take a look at the win loss record of all the teams that throw for 300 yards more often then not. After all the win/loss record is the only stat that really matters.

Patriots - Brady - 5-3
Chargers - Phillips - 4-5
Cowboys - Romo - 4-4
Eagles - Vick - 3-5
Packers - Rodgers - 8-0
Saints - Brees - 6-3
Panthers - Newton 2-6
Giants - Manning 6-2

Dont need a baller to win games. Niners - Smith - 7-1
That's the good thing about having an awesome defense, you don't play in a lot of shootouts.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by jreff22:
bout to be talked about again with warren, prime, willie, and fat ass dukes

Yep. I hate that staff so much. Always hating on Alex no matter what kind of game he has. He's a fat retarded sloth

Warren is on the bandwagon

warren should know. He longs for the days of Brad Johnson!!!
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:
That's the good thing about having an awesome defense, you don't play in a lot of shootouts.

This is the most overlooked point by all the so-called experts!!! Every time they mention the Niners, and "I'm not sure they can win with Alex in a shootout" b******t... Do you know how that translates in my mind? You might as well be saying "If the 49ers Defense misses the flight to a game and they are suddenly forced to play the coaching staff instead, then yeah, they might have some trouble"........ Bottom line is this... If the Jets and dirty Sanchez can make it to the AFC Championship game two years in a row with that roster, I honestly feel pretty damn good about our situation!!! And if anybody thinks that Sanchez > Smith, you should consider changing the channel to show you might more easily comprehend like the Fattest Loser or something... Just my .02
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:

This is the most overlooked point by all the so-called experts!!! Every time they mention the Niners, and "I'm not sure they can win with Alex in a shootout" b******t... Do you know how that translates in my mind? You might as well be saying "If the 49ers Defense misses the flight to a game and they are suddenly forced to play the coaching staff instead, then yeah, they might have some trouble"........ Bottom line is this... If the Jets and dirty Sanchez can make it to the AFC Championship game two years in a row with that roster, I honestly feel pretty damn good about our situation!!! And if anybody thinks that Sanchez > Smith, you should consider changing the channel to show you might more easily comprehend like the Fattest Loser or something... Just my .02

i just dont like how the jets are praised by the media for their ground and pound style, but with us, its the reason they wont give us respect
it's because they almost wont the super bowl
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I'm sick of hearing, "I like what they're doing in SF, but I don't think they can run with the big teams like GB, NO, Pitts, etc"

Then, in the next segment, they rag on some pass heavy team and say " it's starting to get late in the year, and that means bad weather. Teams have to be able to pound the rock and play good defense because it will be hard to throw the ball when it gets cold and nasty outside"

I'm like ??????? Isn't that what the Niners do best?

It's nonsense.

If you ask any - and I mean ANY - coach in the league if he could win games by throwing the ball LESS, he would absolutely say "yes, more please." It's the analysts who like to watch - and yes the passing game is entertaining. However, the point of football is to WIN. I am always baffled how this is lost on the most basic analysts.
Originally posted by RayWersching:
it's because they almost wont the super bowl
Maybe, but they have yet to make it to the Super Bowl. I could be wrong but it's tough to "almost" win the Super Bowl if you don't even play in it. I'd have to say the Jets are praised because they are an east coast team and coached by the much loved/hated Rex Ryan who always draws attention.
[ Edited by DFW49erFan on Nov 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM ]
bump

about to be NFLN