LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Upcoming strength of schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erDynasty:
Originally posted by DocH10TexasNiner:
Lets just worry about the Giants .... one game at a time... we have to be 8-1 before we are 9-2 . One win at a time. Who gots it better than us

Agreed. The game against the Giants may determine the 1st round bye and/or home field in the playoffs. 49ers probably cannot afford to overlook a conference game with playoff implications. Packers are likely assured a bye with the Saints and Giants the 49ers' main competition, at this junction for the other slot. This game may provide the highest stakes thus far. Winning would drastically increase the 49ers' chances of a bye. Also, remaining within striking distance for 1st seed in the playoffs would restrict the Packers from resting their starters during the latter weeks, possibly leading to fatigue when they enter the playoffs. This could give some advantages to the 49er style of play in a potential match-up.

This. I could care less about the Packers. Let's worry about the Giants. They are a good team.

I don't think they have the most talent of the teams we played. That's probably the Eagles. Nor do I think they are playing as well as any team we played. That's probably the Lions. But they are a very solid team with a good passing attack and defense. They will be a challenge. Yet, Cincy right now looks like a much better team than when we played them. In fact I would say Cincy is on par with the Giants or even a bit better than them. Cincy is 6-2 and have won every game since we played them. We beat Cincy on the road. We have the Giants at home. We should be able to beat the Giants.
Lets just worry about the Giants .... one game at a time... we have to be 8-1 before we are 9-2 . One win at a time. Who gots it better than us

Bull s**t...

Not even the coaches and players think this way. They say they do, but everyone looks ahead.

This team finishes no worse than 12-4 and gets a bye
out of giants ravens steelers

we win at least 1 of those

rest of the season i dont see us losing more than 1 game

i dont see us falling below 12-4
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
out of giants ravens steelers

we win at least 1 of those

rest of the season i dont see us losing more than 1 game

i dont see us falling below 12-4

Most likely. I see us losing one of the NFC West games most likely the road game against the Seachickens.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Even if we lose this game, the Giants have a tough schedule down the stretch. The packers play a couple tough games as well so they could possibly lose one or two. We could still come out as the 1st or 2nd seed regardless of the outcome of this weekend.

Nonetheless.....Its a tough game but we've already played tough games this season and won. One thing this coaching staff has been successful at is game planning to the opponents strengths. The confidence level we have now is much much higher than what we had when we lost the Dallas game so I think, especially since we are at home, we win this close game. Its suppose to be wet field this Sunday so could benefit the running game for us.

I hope the stadium ROCKS though because the home crowds just adds that extra energy level for a team.
Overall it will get easier. The Giants will be a big test. The best QB we've faced so far.

The Ravens will be another big test. The best D we've faced.

The otherpoint, it seems a lot of teams lose a game to someone they should have snorted. I hope it isn't in our division.

I'd really like to see the Cards, Rams and Seahawks win a whole bunch of games so they don't get such high picks in the draft.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Overall it will get easier. The Giants will be a big test. The best QB we've faced so far.

The Ravens will be another big test. The best D we've faced.

The otherpoint, it seems a lot of teams lose a game to someone they should have snorted. I hope it isn't in our division.

I'd really like to see the Cards, Rams and Seahawks win a whole bunch of games so they don't get such high picks in the draft.
i can already tell you whats gonna happen with them

the cards and rams will both get OT rams might get blackmon (who im scared of btw) seahawks will get barkely
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The Packers

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i can already tell you whats gonna happen with them

the cards and rams will both get OT rams might get blackmon (who im scared of btw) seahawks will get barkely

Barkely shouldn't go that high imo

Not trying to talk trash, but this post is full of failure. LOL.

First of all, it doesn't matter who we, as FANS, worry about. We aren't on the team so looking ahead is not a problem. Second, you DO NOT need to be 8-1 to get to 9-2. 7-2 with 2 wins = 9-2. Lastly, as someone already pointed out, the Packers have it better than us and everybody else in the league (yes, I know you were quoting Harbaugh on that one).
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 9, 2011 at 9:43 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone