There are 165 users in the forums

Stopping the Packers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Eff the Packers and Eff Minny!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Eff the Packers and Eff Minny!!!

detroit needs to soften them up for us...
Getting to 8-1 was more improbable...beating the packers in comparison will be a piece of cake. Niner fans should know more than anyone not to underestimate this team
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Can't stop the Packers if we don't play them.
keep the train of awesomeness rolling gb, now is not the time 2 be playin your best football, seriously though, if we play them it comes down 2 one cold day in january, none of these video games numbers they puttin up now has any bearing on what will or will not happen if we meet
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
this is the best analogy I can find:

Packers = Oregon
49ers = Stanford

IF our D holds them under or aroud 30, you have a shot, anything past that and I don't think we can hang.

Especially with how quickly they can score

I don't think so.

You have Deion syndrome. You're giving our defense zero credit. I for one, don't think they can score 30.

I'm not giving our defense zero credit, there's no way I would ever do that, but consider Philly put up 23 on us in just over a half, Detroit got 19 on us, and the Giants got 20. You really think the Pack can't get 30?
I'm not giving our defense zero credit, there's no way I would ever do that, but consider Philly put up 23 on us in just over a half, Detroit got 19 on us, and the Giants got 20. You really think the Pack can't get 30?

You're trying to rain on my parade.

Who knows what will happen. The Packers can be exposed. Just ask the '07 Patriots. Who better than us to expose them. I don't think anybody, no homer. What the Packers are doing on offense is no mystery.
  • jdean
  • Veteran

Who knows what will happen. The Packers can be exposed. Just ask the '07 Patriots. Who better than us to expose them. I don't think anybody, no homer. What the Packers are doing on offense is no mystery.

Or the 84 dolphins , who were exposed by Walsh.
It's all about the red zone defense and leaving those underneath routes for GB so that we can pounce on them.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by mjo116:
if greenbay does lose a game and we win out, what is the tiebreaker for the top seed?

Common opponents then strength of schedule.

Our common opponents our Detroit, St Louis, Tampa Bay and the New York Giants.

Giants? We had the WNFC East remember, do they still count as a common game?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Pray Tarell brown doesn't play. Rodgers will pick on him all day.
Originally posted by jdean:

Exactly. Good comparison and it fits. We got after Marino in that SB, which hadn't really happened to him that season.

Although the 84 49ers team has an edge in the secondary IMO.
Packers are f**king great.

But Willis ft...
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdean:

Exactly. Good comparison and it fits. We got after Marino in that SB, which hadn't really happened to him that season.

Although the 84 49ers team has an edge in the secondary IMO.

And I think an edge with the overall pass rush. Overall It was one of the all-time great teams.
Share 49ersWebzone