There are 207 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stopping the Packers

if greenbay does lose a game and we win out, what is the tiebreaker for the top seed?
I don't think the Packers can be stopped..

It doesn't even look like Aaron Rodgers is trying.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
this is the best analogy I can find:

Packers = Oregon
49ers = Stanford

IF our D holds them under or aroud 30, you have a shot, anything past that and I don't think we can hang.

Especially with how quickly they can score

I disagree. Unlike Stanford, we have speed. Scheme wise, we're the same, but it ends there. Packers don't remind me of the Ducks at all. Oregon likes to run, but the Packers like to pass. Yeah, I agree they both can rack up a lot of points, but this defense will slow them down.

this. GB has no run game. they're a glorified Lions (w/ more rec. targets) but a less imposing D.
Originally posted by mjo116:
if greenbay does lose a game and we win out, what is the tiebreaker for the top seed?

i think it goes
division record
confrence record
points scored
points against
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I don't think the Packers can be stopped..

It doesn't even look like Aaron Rodgers is trying.

cmon.

the Vikes D is hot garbage, doesn't help when their offense is playing retarded.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
stop rodgers


end thread

the only way to stop Rodgers may be how the Giants stopped Montana in 1990 ( even though it was a defensive battle)
Originally posted by VA49er:
Better to focus on getting our shot right now. Let's focus on stopping John Skelton this week.


yah, lets all focus real hard and make sure we are assignment sound vs skelton on sunday...
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
the only way to stop Rodgers may be how the Giants stopped Montana in 1990 ( even though it was a defensive battle)

Madden predicts it....






Aaron Degeneres
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:





Aaron Degeneres
she appears to be quite tappable in that photograph
Originally posted by mjo116:
if greenbay does lose a game and we win out, what is the tiebreaker for the top seed?

Common opponents then strength of schedule.

Our common opponents our Detroit, St Louis, Tampa Bay and the New York Giants.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:





Aaron Degeneres

http://www.morphthing.com/

Originally posted by vrabbit:
this is the best analogy I can find:

Packers = Oregon
49ers = Stanford

IF our D holds them under or aroud 30, you have a shot, anything past that and I don't think we can hang.

Especially with how quickly they can score

Nailed it. To those who think we can hang with the Packers in a shootout (aka 30+ points scored by Packers)

Under 30, we have a chance. This team just won the Super Bowl with pretty much the same team as last year. Aaron Rodgers has ran that system for as many years as Alex Smith has in months with our offense. That alone provides them with an offensive advantage. Our defense will need to make plays. The Niners D can do it for sure, but there is a possibility that we can't considering our DB's are not as complete as our front 7 is.
Pro football and college are 2 separate animals. I don't buy the Oregon Stanford comparision at all. If Indy is Oregon then New England was Stanford. Guess who won that game the majority of the time?

I don't discount Green Bay's defense though. Yeah they've took their lumps this year, but don't forget that they were a top 5 defense last year. They're more than capable of beating us in a low scoring game.
Is Aaron Rodgers the love child of BJ Novak and Ellen DeGeneres?

LINK