LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Stopping the Packers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Why the hell are there 1 threads about green bay? We don't even play them this year. Let's focus on beating the damn gmen there a good team and Eli is balling right now

exactly people on the board are going overboard with the packer threads its the mid point of the season i would expect this at week 17
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
I remember last year in the NFC championship game when Julius Peppers smacked the sh!t out of Rodgers. Rodgers was not the same after that hit.

now its willis' turn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG2vd-uAfY
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
POISON

Get Aaron Rodgers to sleep with Bret Michaels and contract a debilitating STD. Hmmm, not a bad idea.

No offense in the NFL is unstoppable.
We can beat them!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
The Giants Offense is somewhat similar to the GB offense........fast WR's. The only difference is Rodgers is VERY mobile, but we handled Vick okay. The Packers will get yards on us but we'll be able to limit their points. The Giants have the best pass rushers in the league and they only rush 4 and our Smith only got sacked twice. GB defense has to rush at least 5 or 6 to create their pressure and who has the best QB rating against the blitz? Alex Smith (I thought I saw that stat somewhere, sorry if thats wrong)

We have just as many weapons as they do also. Clay Mathews and AJ Hawk won't be able to blitz as much because they have to account for Davis and Walker. Lets not forget, Alex can be just as mobile as Rodgers. And I like the game planning of our coaching staff.

Fangio vs Capers.....who both coach similar.

This would definitely be a very interesting game....which could happen
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
No offense in the NFL is unstoppable.

Exactly. I think our defense matches up well. I also think the Ravens defense matches up well.

Just so happens GB doesn't play us or the Ravens during the regular season. Mabye the Giants can give them their first loss. I was hoping Detroit would but doesn't look like they will after the way their playing nowadays.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
I remember last year in the NFC championship game when Julius Peppers smacked the sh!t out of Rodgers. Rodgers was not the same after that hit.

now its willis' turn

+1 GO NINERS
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Originally posted by AmpLee:
POISON

Get Aaron Rodgers to sleep with Bret Michaels and contract a debilitating STD. Hmmm, not a bad idea.

Aaron Rodgers is into drag queens?

gross.

this is the best analogy I can find:

Packers = Oregon
49ers = Stanford

IF our D holds them under or aroud 30, you have a shot, anything past that and I don't think we can hang.

Especially with how quickly they can score
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Packers = Oregon
49ers = Stanford

IF our D holds them under or aroud 30, you have a shot, anything past that and I don't think we can hang.

I don't think so.

You have Deion syndrome. You're giving our defense zero credit. I for one, don't think they can score 30.
Better to focus on getting our shot right now. Let's focus on stopping John Skelton this week.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Packers = Oregon
49ers = Stanford

I disagree. Unlike Stanford, we have speed. Scheme wise, we're the same, but it ends there. Packers don't remind me of the Ducks at all. Oregon likes to run, but the Packers like to pass. Yeah, I agree they both can rack up a lot of points, but this defense will slow them down.
if greenbay does lose a game and we win out, what is the tiebreaker for the top seed?
Share 49ersWebzone