LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Adam Schefter tweets we can clinch by Turkey Day

Shop Find 49ers gear online
AdamSchefter: West-Coast teams struggle in early East Coast games. 49ers haven't. They're 4-0. Could be first team to clinch division -- by Thanksgiving.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
OTB
facebook status
Originally posted by zozell:
AdamSchefter: West-Coast teams struggle in early East Coast games. 49ers haven't. They're 4-0. Could be first team to clinch division -- by Thanksgiving.

Not that he would want us to... he's been picking against us all year.

Nah, We are 7-1... second place is 2-6... means best any of the other teams can do is 10-6 with 8 wins in a row. Magic # is 4 I believe. Means either 4 wins by us or losses by the 2nd place team or a combo will do it.

Earliest would be if AZ/SEA lose the next two and we win two equals 9-1 compared to 2-8... most wins they can get then is 8-8. We would be at 9 wins. So Nov 20th is the earliest I believe.

So Seattle loses at home to Baltimore and at STL... STL loses at Cleveland, Arizona loses at Philly... we win against NYG and ARZ we win the division. Would put all teams at 2-8 and us at 9-1.

Main thing is just win our games and it will come eventually. I am more worried about home field advantage. We lose next week and NYG hold the tie breaker over us and would be tied at 7-2. NO isn't far (would be 7-3 with win) behind either or DET (would be 7-2) with win.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM ]
this guy is jinx the niners damn shefter talk about winnning the division after next weeks game
Schefter is just another hater who doesn't think we're for real. I'd say that beating Giants this next week will change his tune, but you'd have thought that wins over other eastern-ish teams would have helped. Again - hater.
7-1 in the weakest division. . .but with only playing said weak division once! Far too late to not believe 9ers are "real."
not only can we, but we will.
didn't he pick the foreskins to beat us?
if he jinx's us ill shoot myself

no f**king s**t, how many times by how many people can this be said?

Sando put this up like two weeks ago.
[ Edited by RMuTT1981 on Nov 6, 2011 at 10:01 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
didn't he pick the foreskins to beat us?

Yep.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Did anyone get a comment or tweet from Adam about that "BOLD" prediction he made?
Please...we've already clinched

All I'm worried about right now is a first round bye and NFC semi-final...maybe even championship game at home. Anything less than a bye would be disappointing
The key will be this Giant's game! Damn, unbelievable -- the pressure on this game just went up dramatically -- for me at least. LOL
Share 49ersWebzone