LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Playoff offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lowell Cohn said it very well in one of his recent articles. Harbaugh is very much like Walsh was in 81 in that he is going against current convention. Current convention is lots of passing so defenses are set up to stop the pass. In 81, convention was a strong running game so defenses were built to stop power running games. But, the other thing is that Harbaugh IS mixing in some down-field passes. Last week he called a few and this week, if Vernon Davis catches that 40 yarder, that's a 60 yard pass play. We'll see more down field passing if and when they need it. The Giants will be tough next week. They're something like 5-2. The Steelers will be tough. And I'm not taking any of the remaining divisional games for granted. The Rams beat the Saints last week. Kolb could get hot any week for the Cardinals. And, the next time we play the Seahawks, it will be in Seattle. I still think we'll see some more passing game before this season is over and the Niners will have to have some potent passing if they expect to go deep into the playoffs.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
This cannot last. In the playoffs well get destroyed if our offense keeps this up. Calling runs non-stop, getting scared when Vernon coughs up the ball and going full on conservative, not letting Alex air it out. I mean goddamn. Im happy for the win but when Baltimore and Pitts comes in were gonna get destroyed if this keeps up.

We're only halfway into the season and you're talking about getting destroyed in the playoffs?
Did you forget they have a rookie coach with a new system and no offseason to really implement it?
They're running only 40% of their play book and yet they're 7-1 and were not even supposed to make the playoffs this year
Yes their offense leaves a lot to be desired but they also have a ferocious defense are allowing the fewest points in the NFL
The W is what matters above all and they have 7 in 8 tries
What I'm saying is lets appreciate this surprising season and see where it goes from here
Go Niners!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
when you score more points than the other team, you win 60% of the time, every time.

Actually you win 100% of the time that happens. Actually It's like 99.9% of the time. I do remember when Eddie George played a High school game as a post grad and scored like 7 touchdowns en route to a fifty something to 3 LOSS for his team because Fork Union Military Academy had to forfieght the game to Collegiate High school because George was inneligible. But he got his film and went to a decent college and made something of his life (Oh yeah-nice Anchorman ref.)
[ Edited by VA49er on Nov 6, 2011 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
when you score more points than the other team, you win 60% of the time, every time.

Share 49ersWebzone