There are 164 users in the forums

Playoff offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our playoff offense is our DEFENSE.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Im not worried about this game. im lookin forward. My whole point is we shouldve let them air it out on the redskins. get some confidence going before the ravens and steelers come in. Get ready for the playoffs a bit. i mean hell dont we have a leg up on the entire league in that regard. lol

someone else said something about trusting the coaches. Nothing but love for this regime. Im jus being an overconfident fan lol

I'm pretty sure a 7-1 record and a solid all-around workman-like performance from the offense gives them a lot of confidence already. They're steadily getting better. We're not going to have huge passing performances unless either:

1.) We're behind and playing catch-up and have to pass 30 times before the 4th quarter even hits.
2.) We hit on more of those big plays that we're missing on (ie Vernon Davis deep pass that was dropped)
3.) Alex Smith and his WRs improve their ability to make big-gainers on catch-and-runs.

The offense is geared for those short/medium throws... safe throws with low margin for error. It's why Alex isn't throwing a lot of INTs. It's why he has a high completion %. It's why he doesn't have a lot of yardage. It's classic West Coast Offense style and is a good fit for Alex Smith's mature style of play.

I think we'll hit or miss on the deep plays like every other team in the league... but those big catch-and-runs like Braylon Edwards' 24 yard catch will definitely show up more as the offense gets better and the receivers recover from injuries.
Here's a thot: Let's stop believing all of the words spoken on NFL Network by idiots who just parrot each other. With the exception of 1 team all other teams with "high powered" offenses have worse records than the 49ers.
Jug·ger·naut   [juhg-er-nawt, -not] noun 1.(often lowercase) any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant battleship, or a powerful football team.
[ Edited by TDilvr on Nov 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM ]
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by taney71:
Come on. I think Harbaugh has a plan and our offense doesn't look that bad. Remember one of our starting receivers from earlier in the season is out for the rest of the year and the other is just getting back from an injury. VD dropped passes and fumbled. There were some miscuses to be sure but I don't see a need to panick

Thing is were halfway through the season. Were a playoff team. Its about time we have expectations like a playoff team. Its not the dropped passes or fumbles its the mentality that worries me. The Redskins arent exactly a great defensive team and yet we went into a shell. I wouldve thought its around that time we start taking shots giving our guys confidence....or do we wait till the steelers are in town to do that?

P.S. I am completely aware that being able to talk like this about our team is a far FAR cry from preseason lol damn i love being a niner

They're actually pretty good defensively
Positive: we haven't peaked yet and I wouldn't want to until the playoffs.
I don't want the offense to peek right now, instead, peak at week 14-17.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by King49er:
WE WON THE GODDAMN GAME AND ARE 7-1, WHAT MORE DO YOU GUYS WANT????????????????

this times 100000

some people want the team to be more efficient against poorer teams. We actually have a playoff type game next week against them
Giants.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
They're actually pretty good defensively

yup. 14th in yards per game, 7th in scoring. They allow on average about 20 PPG.
We need to change some of our signals.. every time Alex did that rolling thing with his arms it was a run. If my ARM chair ass can pick up on that. I know other teams will
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
We need to change some of our signals.. every time Alex did that rolling thing with his arms it was a run. If my ARM chair ass can pick up on that. I know other teams will

Smith calls two plays in the huddle. The roll signal tells the offense that the first play is the on.

Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by King49er:
WE WON THE GODDAMN GAME AND ARE 7-1, WHAT MORE DO YOU GUYS WANT????????????????

this times 100000

some people want the team to be more efficient against poorer teams. We actually have a playoff type game next week against them
Giants.

yup its not like we played playoff like talent like the eagles bengals and Bucs

I noticed this as well. I'm not sure what to make of that. I don't think Alex and Jim would come up with something so obvious. Maybe the run correlation was a coincidence. Maybe it just meant they were "rolling" with the called play.

LOL Redrathman beat me to it...
[ Edited by thojess on Nov 6, 2011 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by redrathman:

Smith calls two plays in the huddle. The roll signal tells the offense that the first play is the on.

Guessing "Kill" means do the second play?
Originally posted by redrathman:

This maybe the case, but the point is still true. Ill go back and check our other games this week.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thojess:

I noticed this as well. I'm not sure what to make of that. I don't think Alex and Jim would come up with something so obvious. Maybe the run correlation was a coincidence. Maybe it just meant they were "rolling" with the called play.

LOL Redrathman beat me to it...

C'mon guys...this is not a Mike Singletary offense. Two play calls are in the huddle. Just a coincidence that the first play call was run.
Share 49ersWebzone