LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Playoff offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
This cannot last. In the playoffs well get destroyed if our offense keeps this up. Calling runs non-stop, getting scared when Vernon coughs up the ball and going full on conservative, not letting Alex air it out. I mean goddamn. Im happy for the win but when Baltimore and Pitts comes in were gonna get destroyed if this keeps up.

Bad topic. In other games this season, this might've made sense, but there's no complaints on this one.

200 passing yards, 130 rushing yards in a game where we were in control of the entire game. We had pretty much had the game won midway through the 4th quarter, and were forcing the Redskins to try to comeback on us.

This one's not one to complain about.
Originally posted by taney71:
Come on. I think Harbaugh has a plan and our offense doesn't look that bad. Remember one of our starting receivers from earlier in the season is out for the rest of the year and the other is just getting back from an injury. VD dropped passes and fumbled. There were some miscuses to be sure but I don't see a need to panick

Agreed. So far Harbaugh's plan has worked and it's clear opposing coaches are having a hard time figuring him out, even when they scheme him. We haven't seen this much creativity in a Niners offence in a long time. When you are 7-1 in the NFL other teams panick because they see you winning when you are suppose to, winning them ugly, and winning whem they don't think you would. Harbaugh is doing this with a quarterback everyone wanted to get rid of, including myself. Judging by recent history our Niners DESERVE our support, even through the miscues and ugly ones.
Originally posted by thedude:
We installed the offensive gameplan needed to win today and it worked. When we get to the playoffs, if you believe in our coaches you've gotta believe we'll have the gameplan in place to putting us in a winning position when we get there. Not even the Patriots score 30 points every week, just be happy with the wins and we'll worry about the postseason when we get there.

lol dont doubt it im happy with the win and maybe im looking too far ahead. but its for the players to look at it one game at a time. I woulda thought we had freedom for delusions of grandeur. SB here we come!!
I gotta say...the so called niner fans that cried about our offense today, are only fans of Madden and Fantasy football.......

......definetly a Child Please!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Just because they arent opening it up doesnt mean they cant. We know Smith can thow they ball when he has to (see last year Jimmy Raye offense) this year Eagles game. Playing this way will serve them well once they playoffs start. It will surprise alot of teams.
This cannot last. In the playoffs well get destroyed if our offense keeps this up. Calling runs non-stop, getting scared when Vernon coughs up the ball and going full on conservative, not letting Alex air it out. I mean goddamn. Im happy for the win but when Baltimore and Pitts comes in were gonna get destroyed if this keeps up.

7 and 1 shut it. thats all
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Seriously? We are getting antsy about our play-off offense after week 9? When did we all go back to the early 90's? We have been rank for nearly a decade and you want to criticise the offense now they are winning?
Luckily for me Harbaugh knows more than you so im not worried. Hes outsmarted everyone, including that dallas loss due to two blown coverages. this is the kind of offense u run in the playoffs. great defense that forces turnovers and erases the other teams RB, excellent running game, opportunistic passing game. no need to force turnovers if you dont have to. i expect the passing to open up as the season goes on but im not upset about what im seeing right now. if you have the ball, the other team cant score. simple as that
7-1
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Bad topic. In other games this season, this might've made sense, but there's no complaints on this one.

200 passing yards, 130 rushing yards in a game where we were in control of the entire game. We had pretty much had the game won midway through the 4th quarter, and were forcing the Redskins to try to comeback on us.

Im not worried about this game. im lookin forward. My whole point is we shouldve let them air it out on the redskins. get some confidence going before the ravens and steelers come in. Get ready for the playoffs a bit. i mean hell dont we have a leg up on the entire league in that regard. lol

someone else said something about trusting the coaches. Nothing but love for this regime. Im jus being an overconfident fan lol

I dont know what the complaints are about. If there is a problem it might be shooting ourselves in the foot with penalities.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
7-1

This!!
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:
7-1

Amen!
Originally posted by Wubbie:

Im not worried about this game. im lookin forward. My whole point is we shouldve let them air it out on the redskins. get some confidence going before the ravens and steelers come in. Get ready for the playoffs a bit. i mean hell dont we have a leg up on the entire league in that regard. lol

someone else said something about trusting the coaches. Nothing but love for this regime. Im jus being an overconfident fan lol

gotta remember this was another east coast game as well man, in SF this game woulda gotten ugly in a hurry. not really worried about the steelers or ravens, i think harbaughs teams have always been excellent in pressure situations. these games against cleveland, the bungles and the skins were a little worrisome because the competion sucked and some of the niners knew it and i think they played down to them. against good teams the niners come to work a little harder. gotta get rid of freddy p. soft man.
Originally posted by King49er:
WE WON THE GODDAMN GAME AND ARE 7-1, WHAT MORE DO YOU GUYS WANT????????????????

this times 100000
Share 49ersWebzone